Monsoon failure: Govt declares 156 taluks drought-hit
- The state government declared 156 taluks in Karnataka as drought-hit following the failure of Northeast Monsoon (October 1 to December 31-Rabi season).
- The government had earlier declared 100 taluks as drought-hit due to below average rainfall during the Southwest Monsoon (June 1 to September 30-Kharif season).
- There are 178 taluks in the state and 49 taluks were added recently.
- Of the 156 taluks, 95 are severely hit and the remaining moderately hit by the drought. The total loss due to floods, landslides and failure of Southwest and Northeast Monsoon has been estimated at Rs 20,000 crore
- The total deficiency during the Northeast Monsoon till date is 49%. The deficiency is most in North interior Karnataka (66%).
- This region accounts for 90% of Rabi sowing. Inter-departmental teams, comprising agriculture, water resources, horticulture, revenue oicials among others, will visit the taluks for ground-level assessment
- The new drought assessment parameters are very stringent. Central assistance is provided for taluks under the ‘severe’ category only and the state government has to prove severity in terms of three out of the four main impact indicators.
- These include crop situation-related indices, remote sensing-based vegetation indices, soil moisturerelated indices and hydrological indices, he explained. In the state, the Rabi sowing has been done on 26.03 lakh hectares of land (81.89%) as against a target of 31.80 lakh hectares on December 21
ಸಖಿ ಸುರಕ್ಷಾ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ದೇಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಬಾಕಿಯಿರುವ ಲೈಂಗಿಕ ದೌರ್ಜನ್ಯ ಪ್ರಕರಣಗಳನ್ನು ಶೀಘ್ರ ಇತ್ಯರ್ಥಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಸಂತ್ರಸ್ತರಿಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತ ನ್ಯಾಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವ ನಿಟ್ಟಿನಲ್ಲಿ ವರದಾನವಾಗಬಲ್ಲ ಅತ್ಯಾಧುನಿಕ ಡಿಎನ್ಎ ವಿಧಿವಿಜ್ಞಾನ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಾಲಯವನ್ನು ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಮಹತ್ವ: ಹೆಚ್ಚುತ್ತಿರುವ ಅತ್ಯಾಚಾರ ಪ್ರಕರಣಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ವೈಜ್ಞಾನಿಕ ಸಾಕ್ಷ್ಯ ಒದಗಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ಇಂಥ ...READ MORE
The State government, which made an earlier attempt to secure the breed status in 2016, is expected to make another pitch before the National Bureau of Animal Genetics (NBAG)-Karnal seeking ...READ MORE
What should you focus on? Name of the scheme Beneficiaries Salient features Any new changes to the existing scheme For mains: Its challenges and benifits One more kg of free rice for poor in state The state ...READ MORE
The state government will buy fodder from farmers to help them in the wake of the drought, Agriculture Minister Krishna Byre Gowda said on 6th Dec A government order in this ...READ MORE
Moodbidri hosts first Kambala after ordinance More than 10,000 people witnessed the bull-racing sport. The organisers served "ganji" (gruel) and chutney to the spectators in the afternoon. The organisers were continuously making ...READ MORE
ಆನ್ಲೈನ್ ವಂಚನೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ವಿಶ್ವದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆಯುವ ಆನ್ಲೈನ್ ವಂಚನೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ, ಇ–ಮೇಲ್ ಮೂಲಕ ವಂಚಿಸಿ ಬಳಕೆದಾರರ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕಿಂಗ್ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ಕದಿಯುವ ‘ಫಿಶಿಂಗ್’ ಮತ್ತು ಕುತಂತ್ರಾಂಶ ದಾಳಿಗಳ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವೇ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿದೆ. ಈ ಎರಡೂ ರೀತಿಯ ದಾಳಿಗೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ತುತ್ತಾಗಿರುವ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಮೂರನೇ ...READ MORE
Set up maize procurement centres, govt. urged The Ballari district unit of the Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha (Puttannaiah group) has urged the State government to establish maize procurement centres for the ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday urged Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to grant Rs 500 crore for organising the Mahamasthakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district in February next year. The state ...READ MORE
Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Jigajinagi on 3rd March expressed unhappiness over the Karnataka government for tardy progress in execution of rural drinking water programme despite ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
“2nd ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka: Kambala buffaloes may get breed status
NammaKPSC classroom for KPSC challengers-Changes in AnnaBhagya Scheme
Karnataka – State to buy fodder from farmers
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 13th Nov
“26th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 29th
CM seeks Rs 500 crore from Centre for
Centre irked by slow progress of rural drinking
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award