Mangalore University retains second place in State in world varsity rankings
- Mangalore University has retained the second position in the State and the third in the country in the UI Green Metric World University Rankings 2019.
- The university is in the top position in “Energy and Climate”, one of the criteria for ranking, and in the fourth slot in the “Education” category, in the country.
- The university is placed in the 191st position in the world, said K.R. Chandrashekar, Professor in Applied Botany and Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the University, in a release here.
- UI Green Metric World University Rankings is the first and only university ranking in the world that measures each participating university’s commitment to developing an “environmentally friendly” infrastructure. This year, 719 universities from 81 countries participated.
- This ranking is based on university set-up and infrastructure, energy and climate change, waste disposal and treatment, water resources and management, transportation facilities and the quality of education and research publications.
- Mangalore University had, in its application, highlighted efforts made by it in the construction of green buildings, installation of solar lights and green coverage on campus and research contributions which helped it to stand in a better position than many of the premier institutions such as NIT Surathkal, NIT Rourkela, IIT Madras, IIM Ahmedabad, University of Calcutta and Punjab University.
VTU asks colleges to incubate startups Following in the footsteps of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and other institutes that support fledgling entrepreneurs, Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) has instructed all ...READ MORE
New sand policy to include demands of coastal districts The state government will come out with a new sand policy incorporating the demands of the three coastal districts to allow locals ...READ MORE
Below poverty line and above poverty line families will not get their monthly ration under the public distribution system from April 1, if they fail to link Aadhaar number with ...READ MORE
Through the Android app launched by the Ministry of Ayush, the Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority (KaMPA) can check whether spices like cinnamon have been obtained from trees growing in ...READ MORE
'Year of Wild' campaign brings profit to tourism dept By promoting Karnataka as a tourism-friendly destination under the theme of 'Year of the Wild', in 2017- 18, the state has seen ...READ MORE
Zero Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) The city’s vibrant gardening community where members are proponents of healthy and chemical-free grain, fruits and vegetables is contributing to the growing trend of urban farming. Many ...READ MORE
Moodbidri hosts first Kambala after ordinance More than 10,000 people witnessed the bull-racing sport. The organisers served "ganji" (gruel) and chutney to the spectators in the afternoon. The organisers were continuously making ...READ MORE
No. of out-of-school children up 3-fold to over 44,000 in State The Department of Primary and Secondary Education has identified over 44,000 out-of-school children (OOSC) in the State. While the survey for ...READ MORE
More children in rural Karnataka of the ages three and four were out of school in 2016 than there were in 2014, according to the Annual Status of Education Report ...READ MORE
ಆನ್ಲೈನ್ ವಂಚನೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ವಿಶ್ವದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆಯುವ ಆನ್ಲೈನ್ ವಂಚನೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ, ಇ–ಮೇಲ್ ಮೂಲಕ ವಂಚಿಸಿ ಬಳಕೆದಾರರ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕಿಂಗ್ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ಕದಿಯುವ ‘ಫಿಶಿಂಗ್’ ಮತ್ತು ಕುತಂತ್ರಾಂಶ ದಾಳಿಗಳ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವೇ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿದೆ. ಈ ಎರಡೂ ರೀತಿಯ ದಾಳಿಗೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ತುತ್ತಾಗಿರುವ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಮೂರನೇ ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 11th
Today’s (5th April) Current Affairs For KAS /
No PDS supplies if Aadhaar is not linked
e-Charak app – Forest dept gets set to
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th April
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 13th Nov
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams-15th January 2019
Dropout rate in rural K’taka shot up in
“26th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”