- A panel consisting of five of the world’s top travel influencers and bloggers has voted Hampi as one of the top emerging Asian travel destinations for 2019.
- The awards were published recently on the website TravelLemming.com, which focuses on emerging and off-the-beaten path travel spots around the globe.
- Winners for the Asian awards were selected by an expert panel consisting of five of the best renowned travel bloggers and influencers in the world, with a combined following on social media of over 7,50,000, the TravelLemming said in a statement.
- Other top five destinations in Asia, voted for the awards are Sri Lanka, Oman, Bhutan, Mongolia and Niseko in Japan.
- Hampi, also referred to as the Group of Monuments at Hampi, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in east-central Karnataka, India. It became the centre of the Hindu Vijayanagara Empire capital in the 14th century
- Chronicles left by Persian and European travellers, particularly the Portuguese, state Hampi was a prosperous, wealthy and grand city near the Tungabhadra River, with numerous temples, farms and trading markets.
- By 1500 CE, Hampi-Vijayanagara was the world’s second-largest medieval-era city after Beijing, and probably India’s richest at that time, attracting traders from Persia and Portugal.
- The Vijayanagara Empire was defeated by a coalition of Muslim sultanates; its capital was conquered, pillaged and destroyed by sultanate armies in 1565, after which Hampi remained in ruins.
- Located in Karnataka near the modern-era city of Hosapete, Hampi’s ruins are spread over 4,100 hectares (16 sq mi) and it has been described by UNESCO as an “austere, grandiose site” of more than 1,600 surviving remains of the last great Hindu kingdom in South India that includes “forts, riverside features, royal and sacred complexes, temples, shrines, pillared halls, mandapas, memorial structures, water structures and others”.
- Hampi predates the Vijayanagara Empire; there is evidence of Ashokan epigraphy, and it is mentioned in the Ramayana and the Puranas of Hinduism as Pampaa Devi Tirtha Kshetra
- Hampi continues to be an important religious centre, housing the Virupaksha Temple, an active Adi Shankara-linked monastery and various monuments belonging to the old city
ಕಮಾಂಡಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಟೇಷನ್ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಮನಗರ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆ ಬ್ಯಾಡರಹಳ್ಳಿ ಠಾಣೆ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯ ಇಂಚಿಂಚು ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಮೇಲೂ ಈಗ ಪೊಲೀಸರ ಕ್ಯಾಮೆರಾ ಕಣ್ಗಾವಲು ಇಡಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಠಾಣಾ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯ ಸುಮಾರು 15 ಕಿ. ಮೀ. ಸುತ್ತಳತೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ರೀತಿಯ ಚಟುವಟಿಕೆ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿದೆ ? ...READ MORE
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
Sorghum project being taken up in ARS Hagari The 112-year-old Agricultural Research Station (ARS) in Hagari near Ballari added one more feather to its cap by taking up the All India ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹದಿಂದ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛಾಗ್ರಹ ಚಂಪಾರಣ್ ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹಕ್ಕೆ 100 ವರ್ಷ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಂಡ ಹಿನ್ನೆಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಬಿಹಾರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಹಮ್ಮಿಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದ 1 ವರ್ಷದ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವನ್ನು ಅಂತ್ಯಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಲ್ಲಿ ಪಾಲ್ಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರಧಾನಿ ನರೇಂದ್ರ ಮೋದಿ ನಿತೀಶ್ ಕುಮಾರ್ ನೇತೃತ್ವದ ಬಿಹಾರ ಸರ್ಕಾರವನ್ನು ಶ್ಲಾಘಿಸಿದರು. ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹ ದಿಂದ ಸಚ್ಛಾಗ್ರಹದತ್ತ ತಿರುಗಿದೆ ...READ MORE
Lokpal Topic: Governance IN NEWS: The Supreme Court on Thursday gave the Lokpal search committee time till February-end to short-list a panel of names for chairperson and members of the Lokpal to ...READ MORE
India signs landmark defence pact with U.S. Why in news? India and the United States sealed the landmark Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) that will lead to a new generation of ...READ MORE
The Make in India – Karnataka conference concluded in Bengaluru on Tuesday. Aimed at re-energising the industry and boosting the manufacturing sector, the conference saw the participation of more than 5,000 ...READ MORE
ಹಸಿರು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಹಸಿರು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 15 ರಂದು ಚಾಲನೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ಈ ಬಾರಿ 50 ಕೋಟಿ ಸಸಿ ನೆಡುವ ಗುರಿಯಿದೆ. ಜನರಿಗೂ ಗಿಡ ವಿತರಿಸಲಾಗುವುದು. ಸರಕಾರಿ, ಖಾಸಗಿ ಜಮೀನಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಗಿಡ ನೆಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ಈ ಸಂಬಂಧ ಜಿಲ್ಲಾಧಿಕಾರಿಗಳು, ಜಿಪಂ ಸಿಇಒ, ...READ MORE
What should you focus on? Name of the scheme Beneficiaries Salient features Any new changes to the existing scheme For mains: Its challenges and benifits One more kg of free rice for poor in state The state ...READ MORE
“27th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
“12th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 18th January
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 7th September
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes
“11th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
NammaKPSC classroom for KPSC challengers-Changes in AnnaBhagya Scheme