GPS, panic button must from Jan1st
- The transport department has made it mandatory for all passenger and commercial vehicles with the national permit to instal vehicle tracking device and panic button from January 1
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH), through its notification, has said that fitness certificates would be given to vehicles only when the two devices are installed. New vehicles would not be registered without the devices.
- AIS-140-certified vehicle tracking system along with emergency button is mandatory from January 1, 2019, for all public/passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles with the national permit
- BSNL has developed AIS-140 National Vehicle Tracking Portal to enable all states to check compliance as per mandate and then issue a registration/fitness certificate.
- The portal will capture device details and chassis numbers.
- This will be integrated with the Vahan portal. Oicials can monitor vehicle movement and get emergency notification alerts if a passenger presses the panic button.
Mahamastakabhisheka at Dharmasthala from February 9
- The Mahamastakabhisheka of the 39-foot-tall Bahubali at Rathnagiri in Dharmasthala will be held from February 9 to 18, said Dharmasthala Dharmadhikari D Veerendra Heggade.
- The Mahamastakabhisheka will be held in the presence of Vardhamana Sagar Munimaharaj and Pushpadanta Sagar Munimaharaj under the guidance of Charukeerthi Bhattaraka of Shravanabelagola.
- This was the fourth Mahamastakabhisheka of Gomateshwara since its installation in 1975
- The previous Mahamastakabhishekas were held in 1982, 1995 and 2007.
- After holding the panchakalyana programme of Theerthankaras for five days, the Mahamastakabhisheka will be held.
- A procession will be taken out from Bhagavan Chandranath Swami Basadi to Rathnagiri on February 9.
- The Mahamastakabhisheka of Bahubali with 1,008 kalashas will be held on February 16, 17 and 18, 8 am onwards. Heggade said that a variety of cultural programmes will be held on the occasion. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has promised to attend the Mahamastakabhisheka.
- The governor, chief minister and ministers are likely to attend the event. More than 200 Digambara munis are also likely to attend.
4th State Finance Commission’s tour of State Why in News: The three-member Fourth State Finance Commission (SFC), headed by C.G. Chinnaswamy, has begun consulting with experts and urban and rural local ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
What is congenital hypothyroidism? Congenital hypothyroidism (CHT) is a condition resulting from an absent or under-developed thyroid gland (dysgenesis) or one that has developed but cannot make thyroid hormone because of ...READ MORE
NGT: Close industries near Bellandur Lake Namma Bengaluru Foundation, at the forefront of the fight to save the lake, on 19th April announced the formation of a 10-member committee United Bengaluru ...READ MORE
Below poverty line and above poverty line families will not get their monthly ration under the public distribution system from April 1, if they fail to link Aadhaar number with ...READ MORE
ರೈಲ್ವೆ: ದೂರು ನೀಡಲು ‘ಮದದ್’ ರೈಲು ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರು ಇನ್ನುಮುಂದೆ ತಮ್ಮ ದೂರುಗಳನ್ನು ದಾಖಲಿಸಲು ಟ್ವಿಟರ್, ಫೇಸ್ಬುಕ್, ಸಹಾಯವಾಣಿ ಇವುಗಳನ್ನು ಬಳಸುವ ಅವಶ್ಯವಿಲ್ಲ. ದೂರು, ಅಹವಾಲುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಲು ಅನುಕೂಲವಾಗುವಂತೆ ‘ಪ್ರಯಾಣದ ವೇಳೆ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್’ (ಮದದ್=ಸಹಾಯ) ಎಂಬ ಹೆಸರಿನ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆ್ಯಪ್ ಅನ್ನು ...READ MORE
BBMP to soon implement rules to regulate dog-breeding centres Rules to regulate dog-breeding centres are expected to be implemented by the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) soon. The move comes after rescue ...READ MORE
BBMP launches Clean Bengaluru campaign A day after the High Court took the BBMP to task over cleanliness, the civic body started a ‘Clean Bengaluru’ campaign. Nearly 1,000 km of roads in ...READ MORE
Centre gives nod to subsidy for e-buses The Union government has given its nod to sanction subsidy to Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) for these buses. However, the Centre’s nod has come ...READ MORE
Bengaluru: City to host biggest drone racing contest India’s biggest drone racing competition would take place at this year’s ‘Bengaluru Tech Summit’, which would take place from November 29 to December 1. Top ...READ MORE
Karnataka 4th Finance Commission: NammaKPSC classroom session for
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
Karnataka: Doctors want govt to mandate hypothyroidism test
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
No PDS supplies if Aadhaar is not linked
“16th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th Feb
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 7th June
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 21st November