Entrepreneurship scheme Samruddhi launched
- The Social Welfare Department formally launched Samruddhi, a Rs. 800-crore entrepreneurship and skill development scheme, for economically and socially underprivileged youth of small towns.
- It aims to train youth from SC and ST communities through private organisations in retail management and franchise opportunities.
- The government will later certify and finance eligible trainees with seed grants of up to Rs. 10 lakh each to set up franchises or retail outlets in a variety of service areas.
- Initially, the State-owned Karnataka Milk Federation and 30 private entities from different service sectors are being empanelled
- Candidates can apply from November 7 to 30.
- The applicants will be scanned on the basis of their qualifications.
- The minimum age limit is 21 and one must have an SSLC (10th standard) certificate.
- They will be given a period of two months to show that they have the land or space for it, or have access to the same.
- They are then eligible to receive the grant to start their own retail outlet. This is a move away from traditional business loans as we saw a potential for misuse in the loans.
- These seed grants are secure and will directly reach the intended beneficiaries
- With this initiative, the government aims to create jobs in rural and semi-urban areas such as Mysuru, Chamaraja Nagar, Kodugu, BR Hills, and others.
- This, in turn, is expected to ensure the sustainable and all-round development of young citizens in these areas.
- The government will also invest in training through ITIs, vocational training, and other institutions.
- This will provide them with employment opportunities across sectors and help them apply for the grant.
- The government is investing Rs 800 crore, which is eight percent of the department’s budget, through this scheme.
- The Samruddhi scheme is on the lines of the Unnati and Airavata initiatives.
- These target socially marginalised communities and provide them with skill development and alternate means of employment.
- The Unnati scheme has technology skill training at its core, targeting social innovation.
- With the Samruddhi scheme, the government hopes to train youth across sectors and convert them into entrepreneurs.
The first unit of the Yeramarus Thermal Power Station (YTPS) has successfully completed the trial run by generating power continuously for 72 hours. The first generating unit of the newly set ...READ MORE
100% use of VVPAT for Lok Sabha polls: EC Topic: Polity and Governance In News: The Election Commission informed the Madras High Court that it had made it clear way back in ...READ MORE
‘ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್ ಖಾಸಗೀಕರಣವಿಲ್ಲ’ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು (ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್) ಖಾಸಗೀಕರಣ ಮಾಡುವ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆಯೇ ಇಲ್ಲ ಎಂದು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಮಹಿಳಾ ಮತ್ತು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಖಾತೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸಚಿವ ಡಾ.ವೀರೇಂದ್ರಕುಮಾರ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ‘ಅಂತಹ ಯಾವುದೇ ಪ್ರಸ್ತಾವ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಮುಂದೆ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ...READ MORE
ಕಾವೇರಿ ನದಿ ನೀರು ಪ್ರಾಧಿಕಾರ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಕಾವೇರಿ ಜಲವಿವಾದ ನ್ಯಾಯಾಧೀಕರಣ 2007ರ ತನ್ನ ಐತೀರ್ಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಹೇಳಿದ್ದ ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣಾ ಮಂಡಳಿಯ ತದ್ರೂಪದಂತಿರುವ 'ಕಾವೇರಿ ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣಾ ಯೋಜನೆ-2018'ರ ಕರಡನ್ನು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂ ಕೋರ್ಟ್ಗೆ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿದೆ. ಕಾವೇರಿ ನೀರು ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಸಮಿತಿ ರಚಿಸಲು ...READ MORE
First State-owned wayside amenity centre to come up in Chittapur soon The first government-owned roadside multi-amenity centre to cater the basic needs of tourists and travellers is going to be established ...READ MORE
Internet of Things India Congress Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru. The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
Kempe Gowda Jayanti fete put off Following the confusion over the date of birth of Nadaprabhu Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bengaluru, the State government has called off the Kempe Gowda ...READ MORE
INF Treaty Topic: International Relations In News: The U.S is suspending its obligations under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty effective February 2 and will withdraw from the treaty in six months. More ...READ MORE
The Thirteenth Finance Commission has recommended a five year tenure from 2010-11 to 2014-15 for the utilisation of its grants. The grants are released in 2 instalments annually, based on the ...READ MORE
Yermarus Thermal Power Station first unit fit for
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 6th February
17th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
“15th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Internet of things
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 2nd January
Rural Development-Rural Infrastructure-Thirteenth Finance Commission Grants & Grama