State launches pilot drone project
- Karnataka has now joined the ranks of States that are using unmanned aerial systems (UAS) or drones in governance.
- The State on 2nd August launched a pilot project under which drones will be used in agriculture, urban development and policing.
- The demonstrative application projects using drones will be taken up in an agriculture field in Kasaba hobli of Haveri to conduct a survey of extent of crops, their health status and yield in 200 square kms.
- The drone operations will be carried out in three months during the crop life-cycle in the present kharif season.
- Similarly, a survey of the 60 square kms in Bantwal town of Dakshina Kannada will be carried out through drones to prepare a detailed base map to provide inputs for evolving a master plan for the town.
- The third application of drones will be in policing in Bengaluru.
- Karnataka Science & Technology Promotion Society (KSTePS) will implement the above pilot project in co-ordination with other departments concerned.
- Agriculture Minister N.H. Shivashankara Reddy said the government was particularly interested in using drones for conducting a Statewide survey of crops and land holdings to get accurate data.
New software detects GST defaulters with tax liability of nearly Rs. 400 crore Analysis of data after the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime was implemented in July last year in ...READ MORE
Urban Housing Housing is evolved as a prime component over the period of time not only in providing shelter but also providing employment opportunities and in development of locations. To meet the growing demand ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
Escoms will have to reach for the sun to fulfil new RPOs Electricity Supply Companies (Escoms) in Karnataka will have to increasingly reach for the sun literally in the next few ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
ಉತ್ತರ-ದಕ್ಷಿಣ ಸ್ನೇಹಮಿಲನ ಸತತ ಆರೂವರೆ ದಶಕ ಕಾಲ ಬೂದಿ ಮುಚ್ಚಿದ ಕೆಂಡದಂತಿದ್ದ ದಕ್ಷಿಣ ಹಾಗೂ ಉತ್ತರ ಕೊರಿಯಾ ಸಂಬಂಧದಲ್ಲಿ ಸುಧಾರಣೆ ತರುವ ಐತಿಹಾಸಿಕ 13 ಒಪ್ಪಂದಗಳಿಗೆ ಉಭಯ ದೇಶಗಳ ಮುಖ್ಯಸ್ಥರು ಷರಾ ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ‘ವಿಶ್ವ ಕಂಟಕ’ ಎಂಬ ಕುಖ್ಯಾತಿ ಪಡೆದ ಉತ್ತರ ಕೊರಿಯಾ ...READ MORE
More children in rural Karnataka of the ages three and four were out of school in 2016 than there were in 2014, according to the Annual Status of Education Report ...READ MORE
Entrepreneurship scheme Samruddhi launched The Social Welfare Department formally launched Samruddhi, a Rs. 800-crore entrepreneurship and skill development scheme, for economically and socially underprivileged youth of small towns. It aims to train ...READ MORE
A total of 87 infrastructure projects with a combined value of Rs.87,518.77 crore are underway in Karnataka and transportation projects are leading the way with around 52 projects worth Rs.36,237 ...READ MORE
Bengaluru tops in waterbodies with chemical pollution This is part of the findings of an analysis by the Central Pollution Control Board for the years 2013-17 More than half of the country’s ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Urban Development-Urban Housing- KAS/KPSC Exams
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 24th August
Welfare of acid attack victims
“28th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Dropout rate in rural K’taka shot up in
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 31st
Infrastructure projects underway in Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 23rd