Inland container yard work to begin soon at Kadakola
Revised mining rehabilitation plan to be sent to KMERC
- The revised Reclamation and Rehabilitation (R&R) Plan for Rs. 20,000 crore will be forwarded to the Karnataka Mining Environment Restoration Corporation (KMERC)
- The R&R plan prepared had to be implemented by KMERC, which acts as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), in areas that have been affected by mining activities in the district as per the directions of the Supreme Court.
- As much as 10% of the sale of iron ore through e-auction was set aside for implementing the R&R plan.
- This is for the fourth time that the R&R plan is being revised in a span of four years.
- The plan included setting aside Rs. 4,253 crore for drinking water projects; Rs. 1,782 crore for health; Rs. 2,927 crore for education; Rs. 806 crore for skill development training; Rs. 1,534 crore for environment restoration; Rs. 2,317 crore towards agricultural related activities; Rs. 3,538 crore for basic infrastructure development, among other things.
- Citing instances, he said that further delay in implementing the plan may lead to agitations by public, which may hamper the ongoing mining activities.
New guidelines for RDF waste may do Bengaluru good The grand idea that was supposed to fuel cement industries with Bengaluru’s waste had come nearly to naught. But, there is hope that ...READ MORE
Accessible India, Empowered India”,is a scheme aimed at ease of access for persons with disabilities in government buildings and public transport. It is the responsibility of the signatories to the UN ...READ MORE
Railways to mark Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary All coaches of the Indian Railways will now display the logo of the Swachch Bharat project and the national flag as part of the ...READ MORE
Nutrition guidelines approved by Niti Aayog Why in news? The NITI Aayog has approved the supplementary nutrition guidelines, prepared by the Ministry for Women and Child Development, bypassing Minister for Women and ...READ MORE
Manifesto of tribal rights Topic: Issues related to vulnerable sections of the society IN NEWS: A manifesto for rights of the tribal population, residing mainly in southern Rajasthan, has demanded that they be ...READ MORE
Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade From women plucking coffee beans to ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
The State government has borrowed Rs 90,000 crore during the last four years. The total debt stock in 2012-13, when the present Congress government came to power, stood at Rs 1.18 ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 10th
Accessible India campaign
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 26th &
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 9th September
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 7th December
Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka- To be
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
K’taka: State govt’s debt stock mounts to whopping
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Urban Development: Structure Plan & BBMP