Kodagu district wins national award
- Kodagu has won the national award under Swaccha Bharath Mission in a competition organised as a part of World Toilet Day.
- The award is instituted by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- As many as 412 districts of 25 states and union n territories had taken part in the competitions and Kodagu district has won the seventh position in the competition.
- The ministry had directed the district administration and zilla panchayat to organise various programmes to create awareness on managing garbage and nightsoil pits, from November 9 to 19.
- Accordingly, the ZP had carried out various awareness programmes in association with NGOs and Sthree Shakthi Sangha. After verifying the activities, the award was announced.
Why in News: The first Sewage Treatment Plant using latest technology called the Sequential Batch Reactor Technology has been commissioned by the Karnataka Urban Water Supply and Drainage Board at Malur ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s move to take up the much-needed upgrade of the award-winning Bhoomi software has come to a grinding halt. The government and the contractor – Accenture Services Pvt Ltd ...READ MORE
The third edition of the Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) will be celebrated at Daroji Karadi Dhama, near Hampi, on January 5, 6 and 7. The first two festivals were ...READ MORE
State govt. tells HC it has powers to recognise a community as minority The State government on 15th March claimed it has the powers, not only to consider the demand for ...READ MORE
To strengthen Karnataka and Bengaluru as organic hubs for both farmers and marketers, the state government will hold a first-of-its kind ‘National Trade Fair - Organics and Millets-2017’ from April ...READ MORE
Solid waste management may go back to contractors The city’s solid waste management may go back to garbage contractors. The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) council, on Saturday, passed a unanimous ...READ MORE
Why In News: The tiger conservation programme of Bhadra National Park has got a shot in the arm with the Central government giving its nod for a Rs 9-crore action ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court expressed alarm at the apparent lack of concern shown by the government’s delay in filing a response to a PIL petition against the practice of dedicating girls ...READ MORE
There has been a rise in availability of sandalwood on private properties across Mysuru division, with more landowners coming forward to ‘declare’ and ‘sell’ the prized trees. This is the result ...READ MORE
HC stay on Bellandur All issues from Karnataka have to be heard by the Southern Bench in Chennai as per the distribution of jurisdiction among various benches across the country under ...READ MORE
Sewage Treatment Plant in Kolar District
Bhoomi software upgrade project stuck over cost escalation
Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) in January
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 17th
Karnataka: 3-day national organic, millet fair in B’luru
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 9th
NammaKPSC Classroom: KAS 2016-17 challengers- All About Bhadra
Devadasis practice in Karnataka
Karnataka: Landowners declare their sandalwood trees
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams