Karnataka govt announces Rs 50 lakh grant for startups
- The Karnataka government announced a grant worth Rs 50 lakh for startups providing solutions for rural development in the state.
- To encourage any innovation that will be focused at rural development and well-being with a strong social impact, the department will be willing to support startups across the state with a grant of Rs 50 lakh
- The hub featured a unique gathering of energy focused startups, Venture Capitalists, Energy Experts and Academia, among others
- Shell E4 Startup Hub aims to foster a vibrant ecosystem of energy entrepreneurs by bringing together talent, technology, capital and know-how to accelerate India’s transition towards a sustainable energy future
Greens stop loss of rare bird’s habitat in Hampi
- Timely intervention by environmentalists and nature photographers helped in preventing complete destruction of the one last safe haven of the Yellow-throated Bulbul (YTB), a highly vulnerable bird species at Mathanga Hills near Hampi
- The contractor for installing lights to illuminate the boulders for the ensuing Hampi Utsav had cleared trees and bushes from a hillock so that the illuminated boulders are properly visible during the Utsav.
- The boulders and shrubs are the habitat for these birds, which completed their breeding season (June to August) recently and are seen feeding their hatchlings.
- The birds are endemic to South India and researchers, scientists and photographers from across the world visit these hills as they have higher chances of sighting the rare bird.
Dharwad gets green gram procurement centre
- The green gram procurement centre set up under the Union government’s support price scheme was inaugurated at the Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) yard
- The Centre has responded quickly to a proposal sent by the State government in this connection and issued orders announcing the support price for the green gram.
- The farmers have to take benefit of this scheme and cooperate with the officials to help procure quality grains.
- The officials too should behave with the farmers in gentle manner and refrain from creating needless issued citing Fair Average Quality (FAQ) and other technical reasons
- Payment should be made to the farmers within three days of procuring the grains.
- The Centre would reimburse the money to the State government within 15 days from the date of receiving the grains through the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED).
- The State government should immediately set up a revolving fund for purchasing the green gram from the farmers.
- The Centre is ready to enhance the maximum limit of 10 quintals for procuring the green gram from the farmers if the State Government submits a proposal in this regard
BMRCL offering BDA flats as compensation
- In a first, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has decided to compensate 10 families from J.D. Mara slum on Bannerghatta Road with 1BHK flats.
- The corporation is acquiring the land on which the families have hutments for Phase II of Namma Metro.
- For Phase I, the BMRCL had built residential apartments for slum-dwellers in lieu of acquiring their land.
- The flats will be purchased from the Bengaluru Development Authority (BDA) at Alur on Tumakuru Road at a cost of Rs. 11 lakh for each unit.
- These flats are part of apartments built by BDA for people from economically weaker sections of society.
- The 10 families were identified by the Indian Institute of Management Bengaluru (IIMB), which had prepared a rehabilitation action plan for the Gottigere–Nagawara metro line.
- A portion of the land in the declared slum is required to build the entry point to a metro station.
- The identified families do not have title deeds. However, as per the rehabilitation plan, the BMRCL has decided to give them residential flats
- Before buying the flats, the families were taken to residential sites at Alur.
- To build the elevated line of Gottigere to Nagwara, the BMRCL has identified 251 properties.
- It has deposited Rs. 539 crore with KIADB to acquire 212 properties.
- Compensation amounting to Rs. 401 crore has been paid to acquire 178 properties along the line.
More tests required for GM mustard: Regulator The Centre has demanded more tests for genetically modified mustard, a year after clearing the crop for “commercial cultivation.” The Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee, the ...READ MORE
The state government has notified the rules for implementing the revised scheme, which envisages acquisition of land for infrastructure projects. Under the revised scheme, two times the value of the land ...READ MORE
Krishi Mela, the annual event organised by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B) at Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra (GKVK) has been called off this time because of extreme drought ...READ MORE
Benefit to society by IIHR research estimated at Rs. 70,000 crore The work done by Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) has provided direct benefits to the tune of Rs. 70,000 ...READ MORE
According to the Load Generation Balance Report for 2015-2016 Karnataka would face difficult times in the remaining months of the current fiscal year unless it takes immediate steps to address ...READ MORE
Drone begins mapping boundaries of properties The Survey Settlement and Land Records (SSLR) Department, in coordination with the Survey of India, has taken up a pilot initiative to map properties, with ...READ MORE
ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹದಿಂದ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛಾಗ್ರಹ ಚಂಪಾರಣ್ ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹಕ್ಕೆ 100 ವರ್ಷ ಪೂರ್ಣಗೊಂಡ ಹಿನ್ನೆಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಬಿಹಾರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಹಮ್ಮಿಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದ 1 ವರ್ಷದ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವನ್ನು ಅಂತ್ಯಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಲ್ಲಿ ಪಾಲ್ಗೊಂಡಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರಧಾನಿ ನರೇಂದ್ರ ಮೋದಿ ನಿತೀಶ್ ಕುಮಾರ್ ನೇತೃತ್ವದ ಬಿಹಾರ ಸರ್ಕಾರವನ್ನು ಶ್ಲಾಘಿಸಿದರು. ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಸತ್ಯಾಗ್ರಹ ದಿಂದ ಸಚ್ಛಾಗ್ರಹದತ್ತ ತಿರುಗಿದೆ ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
The first step has been taken towards removal of Karnataka Lokayukta Y. Bhaskar Rao by the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (Secular). They submitted separate petitions to Legislative Assembly ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Status report sought on illegal slaughterhouses The High Court on 20th Sep directed the State police to submit a status report on steps taken to identify illegal slaughterhouses and close them ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – KAS/UPSC Exams – 15th
Karnataka – Revised TDR notified; to be twice
Karnataka Draught: Krishi Mela called off
Karnataka Current Aairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Power crisis in Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th &
“12th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th