Karnataka govt announces Rs 50 lakh grant for startups
- The Karnataka government announced a grant worth Rs 50 lakh for startups providing solutions for rural development in the state.
- To encourage any innovation that will be focused at rural development and well-being with a strong social impact, the department will be willing to support startups across the state with a grant of Rs 50 lakh
- The hub featured a unique gathering of energy focused startups, Venture Capitalists, Energy Experts and Academia, among others
- Shell E4 Startup Hub aims to foster a vibrant ecosystem of energy entrepreneurs by bringing together talent, technology, capital and know-how to accelerate India’s transition towards a sustainable energy future
Greens stop loss of rare bird’s habitat in Hampi
- Timely intervention by environmentalists and nature photographers helped in preventing complete destruction of the one last safe haven of the Yellow-throated Bulbul (YTB), a highly vulnerable bird species at Mathanga Hills near Hampi
- The contractor for installing lights to illuminate the boulders for the ensuing Hampi Utsav had cleared trees and bushes from a hillock so that the illuminated boulders are properly visible during the Utsav.
- The boulders and shrubs are the habitat for these birds, which completed their breeding season (June to August) recently and are seen feeding their hatchlings.
- The birds are endemic to South India and researchers, scientists and photographers from across the world visit these hills as they have higher chances of sighting the rare bird.
Dharwad gets green gram procurement centre
- The green gram procurement centre set up under the Union government’s support price scheme was inaugurated at the Agriculture Produce Marketing Committee (APMC) yard
- The Centre has responded quickly to a proposal sent by the State government in this connection and issued orders announcing the support price for the green gram.
- The farmers have to take benefit of this scheme and cooperate with the officials to help procure quality grains.
- The officials too should behave with the farmers in gentle manner and refrain from creating needless issued citing Fair Average Quality (FAQ) and other technical reasons
- Payment should be made to the farmers within three days of procuring the grains.
- The Centre would reimburse the money to the State government within 15 days from the date of receiving the grains through the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED).
- The State government should immediately set up a revolving fund for purchasing the green gram from the farmers.
- The Centre is ready to enhance the maximum limit of 10 quintals for procuring the green gram from the farmers if the State Government submits a proposal in this regard
BMRCL offering BDA flats as compensation
- In a first, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has decided to compensate 10 families from J.D. Mara slum on Bannerghatta Road with 1BHK flats.
- The corporation is acquiring the land on which the families have hutments for Phase II of Namma Metro.
- For Phase I, the BMRCL had built residential apartments for slum-dwellers in lieu of acquiring their land.
- The flats will be purchased from the Bengaluru Development Authority (BDA) at Alur on Tumakuru Road at a cost of Rs. 11 lakh for each unit.
- These flats are part of apartments built by BDA for people from economically weaker sections of society.
- The 10 families were identified by the Indian Institute of Management Bengaluru (IIMB), which had prepared a rehabilitation action plan for the Gottigere–Nagawara metro line.
- A portion of the land in the declared slum is required to build the entry point to a metro station.
- The identified families do not have title deeds. However, as per the rehabilitation plan, the BMRCL has decided to give them residential flats
- Before buying the flats, the families were taken to residential sites at Alur.
- To build the elevated line of Gottigere to Nagwara, the BMRCL has identified 251 properties.
- It has deposited Rs. 539 crore with KIADB to acquire 212 properties.
- Compensation amounting to Rs. 401 crore has been paid to acquire 178 properties along the line.
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
The union government approved the hybrid annuity model for building national highways, paving the way for construction of 28 projects worth Rs. 36,000 crore this fiscal year. The move will speed ...READ MORE
‘ಸಿವಿಜಿಲ್’ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆಪ್ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ?ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಅಕ್ರಮಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ನೀಡಲು ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಆಯೋಗ ’ ಸಿವಿಜಿಲ್’ ಮೊಬೈಲ್ ಆಪ್ ಹೊರತರುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಆಪ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಅಕ್ರಮದ ಫೋಟೋ, ವೀಡಿಯೋ ಅಪ್ಲೋಡ್ ಮಾಡಿದ 100 ನಿಮಿಷಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಗಳು ತೆಗೆದುಕೊಂಡ ಕ್ರಮದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯೂ ಲಭಿಸಲಿದೆ. ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ ಕಳೆದ ...READ MORE
‘RERA has registered 1,331 projects in Karnataka’ The Karnataka Real Estate Regulatory Authority (Karnataka RERA) has successfully registered 1,331 projects out of 1,982 applications in the last seven months in the ...READ MORE
2% DA hike for government staff The State government has increased dearness allowances of its employees from 43.25% to 45.25% of the basic pay with effect from July 2017. The hike would ...READ MORE
The fire that broke out in the Kappatagudda foothills between Bidnal and Virapapur Lambani tandas on 3rd March night, has been completely doused. Fire and Emergency Services personnel, police, Forest department ...READ MORE
More seats for State students in PG medical, dental courses Nearly 64% of the total 2,281 postgraduate medical seats and 55.54% of the 929 postgraduate dental seats in the State have ...READ MORE
ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದುಪ್ಪಟ್ಟು ಹಾಗೂ ಆಧುನಿಕ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನವನ್ನು ಅಳವಡಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಗ್ರಾಮಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಆಯ್ಕೆಯಾಗುವ ರೈತರಿಗೆ ಸೂಕ್ತ ನೆರವು ನೀಡುವ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ್ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಶೀಘ್ರ ಆರಂಭವಾಗಲಿದೆ. ಮುಂದಿನ 2022ರ ವೇಳೆಗೆ ರೈತರ ಆದಾಯ ದ್ವಿಗುಣಗೊಳಿಸುವ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಜೂನ್ ...READ MORE
Old HMT unit premises handed over to ISRO The premises of the now-defunct HMT watch factory in Tumakuru was handed over to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Deputy Chief Minister G. ...READ MORE
Only 22% municipal soild waste processed in state Of the 36.50 lakh metric tonnes of municipal solid waste (MSW) generated in Karnataka per annum, only 22% is being processes, according to ...READ MORE
Ganga water for medicinal properties
All you need to know about HYBRID ANNUITY
“15th ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 9th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
“6th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 15th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 13th