- The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action plan for city improvement.
- The corporations of Hubballi-Dharwad, Mangaluru, Shivamogga and Tumakuru have invited request for proposals from interested project management consultants and have fixed January 6, 2017 as the last date for submitting the proposals.
- The Karnataka Urban Infrastructure Development and Finance Corporation (KUIDFC) in Bengaluru, the nodal agency for the Smart City initiative, the cities will simultaneously work on constituting Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) for programme implementation.
- The SPVs are companies with a board of directors from the state government, Ministry of Urban Development and independent directors.
- The SPVs are proposed to be put in place to ensure autonomy in decision-making and mission implementation of smart cities.
- The cities of Belagavi and Davangere, selected in the first round of the Smart City initiative, have already received Rs 388 crore each to execute their planned projects. The Centre and state governments have chipped in with Rs 194 crore each (two annual instalments for the five-year Rs 1,000 crore Smart City Mission).
- Belagavi and Davangere have finalised their priority areas for development after public consultation, the four cities selected in the second round will soon have to put in place a forum for public discussion and debate before finalising their action plans.
- All the cities trying their luck to get into the Smart City Mission list have to submit their proposals in two parts- one pertaining to area-based development and the other on their plans for pan-city development.
Bangalore to try again
- Bengaluru, which missed out in the second round of the Smart City challenge due to lack of proper consultation while preparing an action plan for improving the city’s infrastructure, will be trying its luck again in the third round of the initiative, the process for which is scheduled to commence in January.
DH News Service
Mangaluru to lauch app
- Redevelopment of 1,628 acres of Hampankatta-Old Port-Bunder-River front area To launch “One touch Mangaluru” app to provide city with 24×7 municipal services, security, transport operations Aquatic node: Boosting fishing, trade, recreation and transport connectivity besides beach development
- Strengthening multi-modal transport (from airport to railway station)
- Putting in place Non-Motorised Transport policy in non-vehicular zones
- Achieving ‘sense of space’ by developing public spaces and parks
- Introducing GPS, GIS for improving efficiency in source segregation of garbage
- Development of land stretches along the River Tunga passing through Shivamogga city (275 acres)
- Putting in place an Integrated Traffic and Transportation System
- Intelligence LED street lighting and surveillance
- Decongest city centre by expanding CBD around Tumakuru Amanikere lake
- CCTV camera surveillance across the city
- To set up integrated city management controlcentre to operate services like transport, water andenergy supply and emergency response
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
Sustainable urban development is not a choice but a necessity. If cities are to meet the needs of their citizens (United Nations 2007). Some of the most critical problems facing our cities concern the ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
Researchers have identified a brain region that links anxious temperament to low social status. In the study, researchers performed a series of experiments on rats to identify the brain areas involved ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
The newly adopted Constitution of Nepal might undergo the first round of amendments if the latest round of consultations being held by former Prime Minister Sushil Koirala becomes successful. Two amendments ...READ MORE
A permanent museum dedicated to the Partition of India in 1947 – to be called Yadgar-e-Taqseem or Memories of Partition – will be opened in Amritsar in early 2017, to ...READ MORE
Piped gas to reach 65k houses by end of current financial year As many as 65,000 houses in the city are set to get piped natural gas (PNG) by the end ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
FAME – India
Karnataka Issues: Environmental Challenges
Anxiety is related to social status
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Constitutional amendments underway in Nepal
Amritsar’s Partition museum
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams