What should you focus on?
- Name of the scheme
- Salient features
- Any new changes to the existing scheme
- For mains: Its challenges and benifits
One more kg of free rice for poor in state
- The state government plans to distribute an additional one kilogram of free rice and one kilogram of tur dal at concessional rates to ‘below poverty line’ (BPL) cardholders.
- Presently, the government is providing five kg of food grains per person free of cost under the Anna Bhagya scheme. This includes three kg of rice and two kg of wheat/ ragi/jowar.
- Karnataka is also bringing in a protein component under the public distribution system scheme for the first time by introducing tur dal.
- Tur dal would be sold at a subsidised rate of Rs 30 a kg.
- Supplying free rice would cost the exchequer around Rs 1,450 crore annually.
- With the introduction of the coupon system and Aadhaar seeding, the government will save nearly 40,000 metric tonnes of rice per month.
- By subsidising tur dal, the government will incur an expenditure of Rs 360 crore annually. The decision to distribute more rice and sell subsidised tur dal follows demands made by BPL families
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
The Centre is planning to revive a cluster of gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields shut for 15 years but with an estimated $2.1 billion worth of deposits left as ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government took the legislation route to curtail planting of saplings that have adverse effect on environment and ground water. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed the Karnataka Preservation of ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools ...READ MORE
From March 26th Yeshwantpur-Hassan Intercity Express on new line Trains are set to chug on the new Chikbanavar-Hassan railway line with the railways setting March 26 as tentative date for the inauguration ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Krishi Mela, the annual event organised by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru (UAS-B) at Gandhi Krishi Vignana Kendra (GKVK) has been called off this time because of extreme drought ...READ MORE
From 2015-16 the Government has introduced Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Nivasa Yojane for providing houses to the house less SC/ST families. Under this scheme for 2015-16 the Government has sanctioned 1,50,000 houses, in which ...READ MORE
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
Govt to consider reviving KGF that has $2
Karnataka: Law to curtail planting of saplings that
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari
Startup Promotion by Karnataka Government
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams –
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting
Karnataka Draught: Krishi Mela called off
Rural Development – Housing – Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Nivasa