What should you focus on?
- Name of the scheme
- Salient features
- Any new changes to the existing scheme
- For mains: Its challenges and benifits
One more kg of free rice for poor in state
- The state government plans to distribute an additional one kilogram of free rice and one kilogram of tur dal at concessional rates to ‘below poverty line’ (BPL) cardholders.
- Presently, the government is providing five kg of food grains per person free of cost under the Anna Bhagya scheme. This includes three kg of rice and two kg of wheat/ ragi/jowar.
- Karnataka is also bringing in a protein component under the public distribution system scheme for the first time by introducing tur dal.
- Tur dal would be sold at a subsidised rate of Rs 30 a kg.
- Supplying free rice would cost the exchequer around Rs 1,450 crore annually.
- With the introduction of the coupon system and Aadhaar seeding, the government will save nearly 40,000 metric tonnes of rice per month.
- By subsidising tur dal, the government will incur an expenditure of Rs 360 crore annually. The decision to distribute more rice and sell subsidised tur dal follows demands made by BPL families
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
The state government will cancel the empanelment of 19 private hospitals, including some top corporate facilities, for refusing to serve patients under public healthcare schemes in protest against the non-payment ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
The Centre on 17th November told the Supreme Court that Telangana’s share of Krishna waters must be provided from the allocation determined for Andhra Pradesh before its re-organisation. Attorney General Mukul ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
Citizens can apply online for regularisation of their properties under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme may have to wait at least a week as the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is yet to ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
19 private hospitals barred from serving patients under
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
Krishna Water: Karnataka Counters Telangana plea
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)
Akrama-Sakrama online process to start after a week
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari