What should you focus on?
- Name of the scheme
- Salient features
- Any new changes to the existing scheme
- For mains: Its challenges and benifits
One more kg of free rice for poor in state
- The state government plans to distribute an additional one kilogram of free rice and one kilogram of tur dal at concessional rates to ‘below poverty line’ (BPL) cardholders.
- Presently, the government is providing five kg of food grains per person free of cost under the Anna Bhagya scheme. This includes three kg of rice and two kg of wheat/ ragi/jowar.
- Karnataka is also bringing in a protein component under the public distribution system scheme for the first time by introducing tur dal.
- Tur dal would be sold at a subsidised rate of Rs 30 a kg.
- Supplying free rice would cost the exchequer around Rs 1,450 crore annually.
- With the introduction of the coupon system and Aadhaar seeding, the government will save nearly 40,000 metric tonnes of rice per month.
- By subsidising tur dal, the government will incur an expenditure of Rs 360 crore annually. The decision to distribute more rice and sell subsidised tur dal follows demands made by BPL families
‘Skill on Wheels’ programme to kick off from Mysuru The National Skill Development Corporation’s (NSDC) ‘Skill on Wheels’ programme, which seeks to provide information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs and employment-seekers, ...READ MORE
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Urban Development, GOI brought out a National Sanitation Policy in 2008. The vision for urban sanitation in India is set forth thus:“All Indian cities and towns become totally sanitized, healthy and ...READ MORE
10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana 10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana was held in Bangalore Nearly 100 Gamakis took part in this event. The Gamakis are also singing modern verses written in ...READ MORE
Empowered Committee formed to develop ring roads around 25 cities The State Cabinet has constituted an Empowered Committee for development of ring roads around 25 cities, mainly district headquarters, under the ...READ MORE
State-owned PSUs incur Rs 1,265 cr loss in FY17 Karnataka government-owned public sector companies have reported a loss of Rs 1,265.37 crore for the year ended March 2017. Out of 90 working ...READ MORE
Karnataka Cabinet clears anti-superstition bill The Karnataka Cabinet today cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate "inhuman evil practices" and said it would be tabled in the next state ...READ MORE
NASA has started a new programme for detecting and tracking near-Earth objects (NEOs) — comets and asteroids that pass by the Earth’s orbit — to ward off any potential impact ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th Dec
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development-Sanitation (Including Sewerage and Drainage)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 23rd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
New NASA programme to protect Earth from asteroids,
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
Insufficient women in police force – High Court