- The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s Kayakalp 2016-17 programme.
- McGann Hospital, Shivamogga, finished runner-up and received a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh.
- The commendation awards of Rs 3 lakh each have gone to Vanivilas Hospital, Bengaluru, district hospital, Tumakuru, district hospital, Kolar, and Wenlock district hospital, Mangaluru.
Best Taluk Hospital Award
- The best taluk hospital award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh, went to Community Health Centre (CHC), Moodabidri, Dakshina Kannada district, while the CHC in Vijayapura, Bengaluru Rural district, finished runner-up and received Rs 10 lakh.
- Twenty-one taluk hospitals /CHCs received commendation awards of Rs 1 lakh each.
- Besides, in each district, one primary health centre (PHC) was identified for the best PHC award which carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- Commendation awards of Rs 50,000 were given away to 44 PHCs in various districts.
- The awards were given away by Health Commissioner Subodh Yadav at a ceremony at Vikasa Soudha on 10th March.
- The awards were instituted to assess the performance of healthcare facilities on such parameters as sanitation and hygiene, infection control, hospital upkeep and waste management.
- Community participation assessment was done sequentially through a three-tier system.
Government had entrusted MCC with responsibility of issuing building plans, collecting property tax Owners of houses and sites in MUDA (Mysuru Urban Development Authority) layouts will have to pay property tax ...READ MORE
Integrated Farming (IF) is a whole farm management system which aims to deliver more sustainable agriculture. It can be applied to any farming system around the world. It involves attention to ...READ MORE
A recent study by the WHO shows that a significant population of Indian subcontinent breathes air with much higher particulate matter that is lesser than 2.5 micrometre (PM2.5) in size ...READ MORE
The State Assembly Secretariat reveals a stellar performance by just three MLAs, all from the Congress S. Rafeeq Ahmed of Tumakuru city, B.M. Nagaraja of Siraguppa, and Prasanna Kumar K.B. ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Road Transport & highways has issued a draft notification for implementation of BS-V and BS-VI norms for the automobile sector, covering the four wheeler category. The ministry has ...READ MORE
The fire that broke out in the Kappatagudda foothills between Bidnal and Virapapur Lambani tandas on 3rd March night, has been completely doused. Fire and Emergency Services personnel, police, Forest department ...READ MORE
Karnataka Cabinet clears anti-superstition bill The Karnataka Cabinet today cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate "inhuman evil practices" and said it would be tabled in the next state ...READ MORE
The Agriculture department is working out the modalities to set up Special Agricultural Zones (SAZ) in different parts of the state to provide greater technological and logistic support to farmers ...READ MORE
In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the ...READ MORE
Sericulture farmers in Karnataka, India’s leading raw silk producing State, are disappointed over the Union Budget’s failure to increase the customs duty on import of raw silk. The customs duty on ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Property owners in MUDA layouts to pay
MLA absenteeism the norm at successive Assembly sessions
Draft notification for BS-V and BS-VI norms
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)
Indian Lawyer Aniruddha Rajput Elected To UN’s International
Sericulture farmers in state disappointed with the budget