- The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s Kayakalp 2016-17 programme.
- McGann Hospital, Shivamogga, finished runner-up and received a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh.
- The commendation awards of Rs 3 lakh each have gone to Vanivilas Hospital, Bengaluru, district hospital, Tumakuru, district hospital, Kolar, and Wenlock district hospital, Mangaluru.
Best Taluk Hospital Award
- The best taluk hospital award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh, went to Community Health Centre (CHC), Moodabidri, Dakshina Kannada district, while the CHC in Vijayapura, Bengaluru Rural district, finished runner-up and received Rs 10 lakh.
- Twenty-one taluk hospitals /CHCs received commendation awards of Rs 1 lakh each.
- Besides, in each district, one primary health centre (PHC) was identified for the best PHC award which carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- Commendation awards of Rs 50,000 were given away to 44 PHCs in various districts.
- The awards were given away by Health Commissioner Subodh Yadav at a ceremony at Vikasa Soudha on 10th March.
- The awards were instituted to assess the performance of healthcare facilities on such parameters as sanitation and hygiene, infection control, hospital upkeep and waste management.
- Community participation assessment was done sequentially through a three-tier system.
Floating test-range for missile defence system India is building a unique floating testing range — a huge ship — to overcome the limitations imposed by the land mass for carrying out ...READ MORE
Piped gas to reach 65k houses by end of current financial year As many as 65,000 houses in the city are set to get piped natural gas (PNG) by the end ...READ MORE
Satellite-based navigation system In News: The GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system, which will offer seamless navigation to the aviation industry, was recently launched by the Civil Aviation Minister. GAGAN was develped ...READ MORE
Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) Why in news? The administrative control of Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been transferred to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Finance Ministry. So ...READ MORE
ಕಮಾಂಡಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಟೇಷನ್ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ರಾಮನಗರ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆ ಬ್ಯಾಡರಹಳ್ಳಿ ಠಾಣೆ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯ ಇಂಚಿಂಚು ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಮೇಲೂ ಈಗ ಪೊಲೀಸರ ಕ್ಯಾಮೆರಾ ಕಣ್ಗಾವಲು ಇಡಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಠಾಣಾ ವ್ಯಾಪ್ತಿಯ ಸುಮಾರು 15 ಕಿ. ಮೀ. ಸುತ್ತಳತೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಯಾವ ರೀತಿಯ ಚಟುವಟಿಕೆ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿದೆ ? ...READ MORE
Lancet urges response to heatwave exposure surge Topic: Environment and Ecology IN NEWS: The Lancet Countdown 2018 report recommends that the Indian policy makers must take a series of initiatives to mitigate ...READ MORE
Weather-based farm advisory system to reach taluks now The country’s flagship programme of the weather forecast-based agricultural advisory system is set to become more focussed by moving to the taluk level ...READ MORE
Renovated airport at Sambra inaugurated Chief Minister Siddarmaiah inaugurated the renovated airport at Sambra in Belagavi on 14th September. The airport, which now occupies 730 acres, was upgraded at a cost Rs. ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
Food production in Karnataka is set to fall short of the stated target by a whopping 35% in the current financial year on account of successive years of drought. The state ...READ MORE
Testing ranges for missiles
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 1st August
“27th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 29th November
Weather-based farm advisory system in Karnataka
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 15th
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Karnataka : Food production set to fall 35%