- The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s Kayakalp 2016-17 programme.
- McGann Hospital, Shivamogga, finished runner-up and received a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh.
- The commendation awards of Rs 3 lakh each have gone to Vanivilas Hospital, Bengaluru, district hospital, Tumakuru, district hospital, Kolar, and Wenlock district hospital, Mangaluru.
Best Taluk Hospital Award
- The best taluk hospital award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh, went to Community Health Centre (CHC), Moodabidri, Dakshina Kannada district, while the CHC in Vijayapura, Bengaluru Rural district, finished runner-up and received Rs 10 lakh.
- Twenty-one taluk hospitals /CHCs received commendation awards of Rs 1 lakh each.
- Besides, in each district, one primary health centre (PHC) was identified for the best PHC award which carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- Commendation awards of Rs 50,000 were given away to 44 PHCs in various districts.
- The awards were given away by Health Commissioner Subodh Yadav at a ceremony at Vikasa Soudha on 10th March.
- The awards were instituted to assess the performance of healthcare facilities on such parameters as sanitation and hygiene, infection control, hospital upkeep and waste management.
- Community participation assessment was done sequentially through a three-tier system.
COMCASA to help keep a watch over Indian Ocean Why in news? India and the U.S. on September 6 signed the foundational or enabling agreement COMCASA on the side-lines of the inaugural ...READ MORE
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಗ್ರಾಮ ಸಮೀಕ್ಷೆ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ನಗರ ಪ್ರದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛ ಸರ್ವೆಕ್ಷಣೆ ನಡೆಸಿದ್ದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಭಾರತದಲ್ಲಿಯೂ ಸಮೀಕ್ಷೆ ನಡೆಸಲು ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದೆ. ದೇಶದ ಎಲ್ಲ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಸ್ವತಂತ್ರ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯಿಂದ ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 1ರಿಂದ 31ರವರೆಗೆ ಸಮೀಕ್ಷೆ ನಡೆಯಲಿದೆ. ಈ ಸಮೀಕ್ಷೆಯ ಫಲಿತಾಂಶವನ್ನು ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2ರಂದು ...READ MORE
ಭಾರತ್ ನೆಟ್ ಯೋಜನೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಭಾರತ್ ನೆಟ್ ಯೋಜನೆ ಅಡಿ ದೇಶದ 2.3 ಲಕ್ಷ ಗ್ರಾಮ ಪಂಚಾಯಿತಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ 5 ಲಕ್ಷ ವೈಫೈ ಹಾಟ್ಸ್ಪಾಟ್ಗಳ ಅಳವಡಿಕೆಗೆ ದೂರಸಂಪರ್ಕ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಟೆಂಡರ್ ಕರೆದಿದೆ. ಒಂದು ವೈಫೈಗೆ ₹ 1.5 ಲಕ್ಷ ಮೊತ್ತ ನಿಗದಿ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. 1,000 ...READ MORE
Simultaneous election Context: During recent consultations with the Law Commission of India, as many as nine parties expressed their reservations while four parties supported holding of simultaneous elections. Why we need simultaneous ...READ MORE
BBMP launches Clean Bengaluru campaign A day after the High Court took the BBMP to task over cleanliness, the civic body started a ‘Clean Bengaluru’ campaign. Nearly 1,000 km of roads in ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court expressed alarm at the apparent lack of concern shown by the government’s delay in filing a response to a PIL petition against the practice of dedicating girls ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha passed the Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015, The bill seeks to make the resolution of cheque bounce cases a speedier and less inconvenient affair. It introduces an amendment that ...READ MORE
The Centre on 17th November told the Supreme Court that Telangana’s share of Krishna waters must be provided from the allocation determined for Andhra Pradesh before its re-organisation. Attorney General Mukul ...READ MORE
Draft Charter of Patients’ Rights released If the draft Charter of Patients’ Rights released by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare comes into force, patients will not just have ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 8th September
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
16th ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
“8th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 10th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Devadasis practice in Karnataka
Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Krishna Water: Karnataka Counters Telangana plea
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th September