- The Vijayapura district hospital has emerged the best district hospital in Karnataka and won a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for the second straight year under the Health Department’s Kayakalp 2016-17 programme.
- McGann Hospital, Shivamogga, finished runner-up and received a cash prize of Rs 20 lakh.
- The commendation awards of Rs 3 lakh each have gone to Vanivilas Hospital, Bengaluru, district hospital, Tumakuru, district hospital, Kolar, and Wenlock district hospital, Mangaluru.
Best Taluk Hospital Award
- The best taluk hospital award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 15 lakh, went to Community Health Centre (CHC), Moodabidri, Dakshina Kannada district, while the CHC in Vijayapura, Bengaluru Rural district, finished runner-up and received Rs 10 lakh.
- Twenty-one taluk hospitals /CHCs received commendation awards of Rs 1 lakh each.
- Besides, in each district, one primary health centre (PHC) was identified for the best PHC award which carries a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh.
- Commendation awards of Rs 50,000 were given away to 44 PHCs in various districts.
- The awards were given away by Health Commissioner Subodh Yadav at a ceremony at Vikasa Soudha on 10th March.
- The awards were instituted to assess the performance of healthcare facilities on such parameters as sanitation and hygiene, infection control, hospital upkeep and waste management.
- Community participation assessment was done sequentially through a three-tier system.
ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ನೀತಿ ಆಯೋಗ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಸಮಗ್ರ ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ (ಸಿಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಎಂಐ) ಅತ್ಯುತ್ತಮ ಐದು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕವೂ ಸ್ಥಾನ ಪಡೆದುಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದಲ್ಲಿ ಗುಜರಾತ್ ಮೊದಲ ಸ್ಥಾನ ಪಡೆದಿದ್ದರೆ ನಂತರ ಸ್ಥಾನಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮಧ್ಯಪ್ರದೇಶ, ಆಂಧ್ರಪ್ರದೇಶ, ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಮತ್ತು ಮಹಾರಾಷ್ಟ್ರ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಿವೆ. ಈಶಾನ್ಯ ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
First Rashtrakoota Utsava held in Kalaburagi The department of Kannada and Culture and the Kalaburagi district administration is hosting a Rashtrakoota Utsava for the first time. The celebrations kicked off at Malakhedanalli, ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
"A King Cobra has been run over by a vehicle on Castle Rock Main Road passing through the Castle Rock Wildlife Range of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve." Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is the fourth ...READ MORE
50 new taluks from Jan. 1 The proposed 50 new taluks in the State will come into existence from January 1, Revenue Minister Kagodu Thimmappa said on 4th Dec. President Ram Nath ...READ MORE
Forest dept treads cautiously over Great Canara Trails The 'Great Canara Trails' will be opened for trekkers to walk down the untrodden paths in the pristine forests of the Western Ghats ...READ MORE
The union government approved the hybrid annuity model for building national highways, paving the way for construction of 28 projects worth Rs. 36,000 crore this fiscal year. The move will speed ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
“15th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 4th
Welfare of acid attack victims
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
All you need to know about HYBRID ANNUITY
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Atlas V launched to ISS