- Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed.
- The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for these projects till 31.3.2014.
- The State Government has released an amount of Rs.65.62 crore. An amount of Rs.10.61 crore has been spent during the year and Rs.532.76 lakhs has been released by the Government during 2015-16.
- The 2nd ACA for the 3 projects of Mulbagalu, Vijayapura water supply and Soundatti-UGD, could not be claimed from the GoI, as there is a delay in implementation of the projects.
- The revised estimate cost of the Soundatti UGD project is four times the approved cost and it was decided in the 18th Empowered Committee held on 3.12.2015 that this scheme may be dropped. Now, the State Government has to bear this expenditure.
- The extra expenditure under the scheme is met out from the IEBR fund of KUWS&DB.
UIDSSMT – TRANSITION PHASE
- Under the transition phase of UIDSSMT, 14 water supply, 5-UGD and 2-Roads & Drains projects totalling Rs.768.42 crore has been sanctioned by Government of India during 2013-14.
- The water supply and UGD projects are being implemented by KUWS&DB whereas the Roads & Drains projects are
implemented by concerned ULBs.
- The central government has released its share of grants of Rs.307.36 crore to the state.
- The state government has released Rs.148.79 crore in 2013-14, Rs.52.72 crore in 2014-15 and Rs.144.25 crore in 2015-16, the total releases being Rs.345.76 crore.
- An amount of Rs.50.99 crore has been spent during the year.
- The total cumulative expenditure is Rs.83.76 crore.
- Out of 21 projects, 16 projects are been started by KUWS & DB. The remaining 5 projects are under tender process.
- For the 21 projects approved under transition phase, the Central Government has reduced its share from 80% to 50% of the project cost.
- Due to this, there is an additional burden of Rs.230.52 crore on State/ULB. Discussions are going on in FD regarding State bearing the addition cost of Rs.230.52 crore.
- The cumulative expenditure up to December 2015 is Rs.83.76 crore.16 projects are in progress and the remaining 5 are under tender process.
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are working on a high-tech 3D sketching tool that will allow designers to sketch on a 3D canvas with better precision and ...READ MORE
Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Jigajinagi on 3rd March expressed unhappiness over the Karnataka government for tardy progress in execution of rural drinking water programme despite ...READ MORE
Third regional PPVFRA centre to begin functioning The third regional centre of Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights Authority (PPVFRA), established by the Union government will commence functioning on the ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
Rural Energy Programmes National Biogas Manure and Management Programme (NBMMP), Karnataka State Bio-fuel Policy -2009 and Soura Belaku are the three programmes implemented under Rural Energy sector. National Biogas Manure and Management Programme (NBMMP) Biogas is a clean, ...READ MORE
Karnataka Cabinet clears anti-superstition bill The Karnataka Cabinet today cleared the much-awaited anti-superstition bill to prevent and eradicate "inhuman evil practices" and said it would be tabled in the next state ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Mysuru Dasara logo unveiled District incharge Minister H C Mahadevappa released the Mysuru Dasara 2017 logo at a meeting of the Dasara executive committee on 31st August. Dasara is scheduled to ...READ MORE
HC seeks report on pollution in two villages The Karnataka High Court on 11th August directed the State government to secure a status report without any delay on allegations about illegal ...READ MORE
How is the Union Budget Prepared?
IISc scientists work on tool for 3D sketching
Centre irked by slow progress of rural drinking
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
Rural Development-Rural Energy Programmes-National Biogas Manure and Management
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 27th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Kanataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Technology Acquisition and Development Fund