- Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed.
- The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for these projects till 31.3.2014.
- The State Government has released an amount of Rs.65.62 crore. An amount of Rs.10.61 crore has been spent during the year and Rs.532.76 lakhs has been released by the Government during 2015-16.
- The 2nd ACA for the 3 projects of Mulbagalu, Vijayapura water supply and Soundatti-UGD, could not be claimed from the GoI, as there is a delay in implementation of the projects.
- The revised estimate cost of the Soundatti UGD project is four times the approved cost and it was decided in the 18th Empowered Committee held on 3.12.2015 that this scheme may be dropped. Now, the State Government has to bear this expenditure.
- The extra expenditure under the scheme is met out from the IEBR fund of KUWS&DB.
UIDSSMT – TRANSITION PHASE
- Under the transition phase of UIDSSMT, 14 water supply, 5-UGD and 2-Roads & Drains projects totalling Rs.768.42 crore has been sanctioned by Government of India during 2013-14.
- The water supply and UGD projects are being implemented by KUWS&DB whereas the Roads & Drains projects are
implemented by concerned ULBs.
- The central government has released its share of grants of Rs.307.36 crore to the state.
- The state government has released Rs.148.79 crore in 2013-14, Rs.52.72 crore in 2014-15 and Rs.144.25 crore in 2015-16, the total releases being Rs.345.76 crore.
- An amount of Rs.50.99 crore has been spent during the year.
- The total cumulative expenditure is Rs.83.76 crore.
- Out of 21 projects, 16 projects are been started by KUWS & DB. The remaining 5 projects are under tender process.
- For the 21 projects approved under transition phase, the Central Government has reduced its share from 80% to 50% of the project cost.
- Due to this, there is an additional burden of Rs.230.52 crore on State/ULB. Discussions are going on in FD regarding State bearing the addition cost of Rs.230.52 crore.
- The cumulative expenditure up to December 2015 is Rs.83.76 crore.16 projects are in progress and the remaining 5 are under tender process.
What are the underlying causes? El Nino The El Niño is a weather phenomenon resulting in warmer than expected ocean temperatures in the central and eastern parts of the tropical belt of ...READ MORE
ವಿಶ್ವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಹೆರಿಗೆ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ತಾಯಂದಿರ ಮರಣ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವನ್ನು (ಎಂಎಂಆರ್) ಶೇ 77ರಷ್ಟು ಇಳಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತದ ಸಾಧನೆಗೆ ವಿಶ್ವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ (ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಎಚ್ಒ) ಬೆನ್ನು ತಟ್ಟಿದೆ. ಹೆರಿಗೆ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೆಚ್ಚಾಗಿದ್ದ ತಾಯಂದಿರ ಮರಣ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವನ್ನು 26 ವರ್ಷಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಶೇ77ರಷ್ಟು ನಿಯಂತ್ರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. 1990ರಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
Nutrition guidelines approved by Niti Aayog Why in news? The NITI Aayog has approved the supplementary nutrition guidelines, prepared by the Ministry for Women and Child Development, bypassing Minister for Women and ...READ MORE
Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018 Why in news? The Centre has launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018, a nationwide survey of rural India to rank the cleanest and dirtiest States and districts on ...READ MORE
Accessible India, Empowered India”,is a scheme aimed at ease of access for persons with disabilities in government buildings and public transport. It is the responsibility of the signatories to the UN ...READ MORE
The cultural carnival, ‘Hampi Utsav’ was off to a colourful start at Eduru Basavanna main stage at Hampi, once the capital of the mighty Vijayanagara empire, on Thursday with Chief ...READ MORE
ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಹಸ್ರ ಗೋವುಗಳ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ದೇಶದಲ್ಲೇ ಇದೇ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ಹೊಸ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಪಾಲನೆಗೆ ಶ್ರೀರಾಮಚಂದ್ರಾಪುರ ಮಠ ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದೆ. ಉತ್ತರಕನ್ನಡ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ ಸಿದ್ದಾಪುರದ ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿ ಮಠದ ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ಮಾಡಲು ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದ್ದು, ಮೇ 2ರಂದು ಯೋಜನೆ ಧಾರ್ವಿುಕ ವಿಧಿ ವಿಧಾನಗಳ ...READ MORE
Old HMT unit premises handed over to ISRO The premises of the now-defunct HMT watch factory in Tumakuru was handed over to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Deputy Chief Minister G. ...READ MORE
Karnataka to borrow $350 million from ADB for road development The government has decided to borrow $350 million from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for developing a core road network of ...READ MORE
Chennai floods explained
“11th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 9th September
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th July
Accessible India campaign
Cultural carnival Hampi Utsav off to a colourful
“11th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 15th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams