- Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed.
- The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for these projects till 31.3.2014.
- The State Government has released an amount of Rs.65.62 crore. An amount of Rs.10.61 crore has been spent during the year and Rs.532.76 lakhs has been released by the Government during 2015-16.
- The 2nd ACA for the 3 projects of Mulbagalu, Vijayapura water supply and Soundatti-UGD, could not be claimed from the GoI, as there is a delay in implementation of the projects.
- The revised estimate cost of the Soundatti UGD project is four times the approved cost and it was decided in the 18th Empowered Committee held on 3.12.2015 that this scheme may be dropped. Now, the State Government has to bear this expenditure.
- The extra expenditure under the scheme is met out from the IEBR fund of KUWS&DB.
UIDSSMT – TRANSITION PHASE
- Under the transition phase of UIDSSMT, 14 water supply, 5-UGD and 2-Roads & Drains projects totalling Rs.768.42 crore has been sanctioned by Government of India during 2013-14.
- The water supply and UGD projects are being implemented by KUWS&DB whereas the Roads & Drains projects are
implemented by concerned ULBs.
- The central government has released its share of grants of Rs.307.36 crore to the state.
- The state government has released Rs.148.79 crore in 2013-14, Rs.52.72 crore in 2014-15 and Rs.144.25 crore in 2015-16, the total releases being Rs.345.76 crore.
- An amount of Rs.50.99 crore has been spent during the year.
- The total cumulative expenditure is Rs.83.76 crore.
- Out of 21 projects, 16 projects are been started by KUWS & DB. The remaining 5 projects are under tender process.
- For the 21 projects approved under transition phase, the Central Government has reduced its share from 80% to 50% of the project cost.
- Due to this, there is an additional burden of Rs.230.52 crore on State/ULB. Discussions are going on in FD regarding State bearing the addition cost of Rs.230.52 crore.
- The cumulative expenditure up to December 2015 is Rs.83.76 crore.16 projects are in progress and the remaining 5 are under tender process.
Chemistry Nobel for mapping how cells repair damaged DNA Tomas Lindahl, Paul L. Modrich and Aziz Sancar were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for having mapped and explained how the ...READ MORE
The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
Almost nine percent of popular apps downloaded from Google Play interact with websites that could compromise users’ security and privacy, according to a new University of California, Riverside study. The team ...READ MORE
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform showcasing the government's performance and achievements to the citizens. Developed as the Chief Minister's dash board, 'Pratibimba,' which means reflection, will serve ...READ MORE
Green nod to Karnataka's Rs 1,561-cr Harohalli industrial park The Centre has given its green light to the combined development of Harohalli industrial zone in Ramnagara district of Karnataka entailing an ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
Nobel Prize winners: 2015
Karnataka: Smart Cities – Process on to pick
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Labour reform bills to be introduced
Safety concerns of apps
Karnataka: CM launches ‘Pratibimba’ website to project achievements
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
Centre notifies the mid-day meals rules