- In a significant victory, a young Indian lawyer won a hotly-contested election in the UN General Assembly for membership to the world body’s top body of legal experts, garnering the highest number of votes in the Asia-Pacific group.
- Aniruddha Rajput, 33, is among the 34 individuals elected by the General Assembly as members of the International Law Commission, the UN organ tasked with the progressive development of international law and its codification.
- Amongst the youngest to be elected to the nearly 70-year old body, Mr Rajput is India’s first time candidate to the Commission, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin told news agency PTI.
- The five-year term of the newly elected members will commence from January 2017. The members to the Geneva-based body have been elected from five geographical groupings of African, Asia-Pacific, Eastern European, Latin American and Caribbean and Western European states.
- Aniruddha Rajput practiced in the Supreme Court for six years and was also a visiting professor for international Commercial Arbitration and International Trade Law at the Indian Law Institute for two years.
- An alumnus of London School of Economics, Rajput was appointed by the Law Commission of India to an expert group tasked with analysis of Model Bilateral Investment Treaty 2015 of India, according to his profile submitted to the UN.
- He has written several books, chapters, articles, conference papers on diverse legal subjects and his areas of expertise in international laws include Sources of International Law, International Arbitration, Law of the Sea, Use of Force, UN Law & Practice and International Trade Law (WTO Law).
- Japan’s Shinya Murase got the second highest number of votes in the Asia-Pacific group at 148, followed by Mahmoud Daifallah Hmoud of Jordan and Huikang Huang of China with 146 votes each, Korea’s Ki Gab Park with 136 votes, Ali bin Fetais Al-Marri of Qatar with 128 votes and Hong Thao Nguyen of Viet Nam with 120 votes.
- The international law commission was established by the UN General Assembly in 1947 to undertake the mandate of UN to ensure promotion and progressive development of International law and its codification.
Railways to mark Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary All coaches of the Indian Railways will now display the logo of the Swachch Bharat project and the national flag as part of the ...READ MORE
10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana 10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana was held in Bangalore Nearly 100 Gamakis took part in this event. The Gamakis are also singing modern verses written in ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court on 24th March ordered that the stay granted on ritual ‘Made Snana’ performed by people from Malekudiya community in Dakshina Kannada district and elsewhere would continue till ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
e-Pragati Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu launched ‘e-Pragati core platform’ .e-Pragati, a forward-looking digital initiative, is aimed at connecting the citizen to 34 departments, 336 autonomous organisations and 745-plus services. Through this ...READ MORE
ವಾರ್ನಿಶ್ ನೋಟು! ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ನೋಟುಗಳ ಬಾಳಿಕೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸಲು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಕ್ರಮಕ್ಕೆ ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ವಾರ್ನಿಶ್ ಮಾಡಿದ ನೋಟುಗಳನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ಚಲಾವಣೆಗೆ ತರಲು ಪ್ರಸ್ತಾವನೆಯೊಂದನ್ನು ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಆರ್ಬಿಐನ 2017-18ನೇ ಹಣಕಾಸು ವರ್ಷದ ವಾರ್ಷಿಕ ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಈ ಅಂಶ ಉಲ್ಲೇಖಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಈ ಪ್ರಯೋಗ ಯಶಸ್ವಿಯಾದರೆ, ...READ MORE
ಮಾಜಿ ಪ್ರಧಾನಿಗಳ ಮ್ಯೂಸಿಯಂ! ಮಾಜಿ ಪ್ರಧಾನಿಗಳ ಸಾಧನೆಗಳನ್ನು ಸಾರುವ ವಸ್ತು ಸಂಗ್ರಹಾಲಯ ನಿರ್ವಣದ ವಿನ್ಯಾಸ ಕುರಿತಂತೆ ಸಲಹೆ ನೀಡುವಂತೆ ಸಾರ್ವಜನಿಕರಿಗೆ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮನವಿ ಮಾಡಿದೆ. ನೆಹರು ಸ್ಮಾರಕ ವಸ್ತು ಸಂಗ್ರಹಾಲಯ ಮತ್ತು ಗ್ರಂಥಾಲಯದ (ಎನ್ಎಂಎಂಎಲ್) ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ನಿರ್ವಿುಸಲು ಉದ್ದೇಶಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಹೊಸ ವಸ್ತು ಸಂಗ್ರಹಾಲಯದ ...READ MORE
The Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill, 2017 Why in news? The Constitution (123rd Amendment) Bill, 2017, commonly known as the OBC Bill, was passed in the Lok Sabha on August 2 and will ...READ MORE
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 26th &
KPSC Mains Paper
Karnataka: SC stay on ‘Made Snana’ to continue
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 20th
“31st ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
“24th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 5th &
Special Agricultural Zone (SAZ)