- The Karnataka government on Monday launched rural Wi-Fi services in 11 gram panchayats, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah saying such a ‘digital inclusion’ will give village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market place for their products and services.
- He also launched the “Grand Challenge Karnataka”, an initiative under the multi-sector Start-up Policy to scout for new technologies or innovations that can offer solutions to some of the prevalent problems in the state.
- At the inauguration of Bengaluru ITE.Biz 2016, an annual IT event, Siddaramaiah said with “digital inclusion becoming the most important parameter of growth and economic development”, it is the intention of the government to see that the last mile connectivity is provided in all villages.
- “For this we will be banking on the availability of National Optic Fibre Network up to the Gram Panchayat level,” he added.
- The gram panchayats benefitting from the Wi-Fi initiative include two each in Mysuru, Tumkuru, Gadag, Ballari and Kalburgi and one in Bagalkot district.
- The rural population in these gram panchayats can make use of the services by buying concessional Wi-Fi vouchers.
- The impact of digital inclusion will be manifold which would enable village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market place and have opportunity to explore new markets for their products and services.
- The chief minister also called for gender equality, saying, “it is a fact that achieving gender equality would have large economic impact. IT sector has enabled significant number of women to join the work space, but more needs to be done.”
- Siddaramaiah said, “Grand Challenge Karnataka aims to channelise innovations for social impact and in the process support the establishment and growth of start-ups.”
- The government has approved a proposal to set up six common instrumentation centres across the state which will provide opportunity to electronic hardware startups and MSMEs to have easy access to high quality instrumentation facilities for fine-tuning their products.
- The IT and BT department is in the process of setting up a finishing school in Animation and Visual Effects in association with Industry bodies
- The government was contemplating setting up centres of excellence in aerospace, cyber security and other related areas to provide high-end skilling in areas of emerging technologies.
- Government has been augmenting industrial infrastructure in two-tier and three tier cities.
- The state also intends to support setting up of technology business incubators in the potential areas of Internet of Things, Electronics System Design and manufacturing, Robotics, 3D Printing, Nanotechnology, Medical devices, Health technology and Clean technology, in phases across the state.
ಜಲಮೂಲಗಳ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛತೆ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಜೂನ್ 5ರ ವಿಶ್ವ ಪರಿಸರ ದಿನಾಚರಣೆ ಹಿನ್ನೆಲೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದ ಪಣಂಬೂರು, ಮಲ್ಪೆ, ಗೋಕರ್ಣ ಹಾಗೂ ಕಾರವಾರ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ ದೇಶದ 24 ಸಮುದ್ರ ತೀರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ವಿಶೇಷ ಸ್ವಚ್ಛತಾ ಅಭಿಯಾನ ಕೈಗೊಳ್ಳಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಪರಿಸರ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯ ಸಿದ್ಧತೆ ನಡೆಸಿದೆ. ಜೊತೆಗೆ ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಗ್ರಾಮ ಸ್ವರಾಜ್ ಮತ್ತು ಪಂಚಾಯತ್ ರಾಜ್ ಮಸೂದೆ–2015’ ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆಯಲ್ಲಿಮಂಡನೆ ಇತ್ತೀಚಿನ ವರ್ಷಗಳಲ್ಲೇ ಇದು ಅತ್ಯಂತ ಸುದೀರ್ಘ ಮಸೂದೆ. ಜಿಲ್ಲಾ ಪಂಚಾಯಿತಿ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷರಿಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸಚಿವ ಸ್ಥಾನಮಾನ, ಅದಕ್ಕೆ ತಕ್ಕ ಸಂಬಳ ಮತ್ತು ಇತರ ಸವಲತ್ತುಗಳು ಸಿಗಲಿವೆ. ಮಸೂದೆಯಲ್ಲಿನ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಅಂಶಗಳು : ಗ್ರಾಮಮಟ್ಟದಿಂದ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಮಟ್ಟದ ವರೆಗಿನ ...READ MORE
State’s wait for pneumonia vaccine under UIP set to get longer It may take at least two more years for the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV), introduced now in the Universal Immunisation ...READ MORE
Mobile app to ‘fix’ bus breakdown issues The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has launched a mobile app to track and fix buses in the hope that it will bring down ...READ MORE
RBI to Infuse Rs 36000cr to ease Liquidity Topic: GS-3 Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment. IN NEWS: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ...READ MORE
ಉತ್ತರ-ದಕ್ಷಿಣ ಸ್ನೇಹಮಿಲನ ಸತತ ಆರೂವರೆ ದಶಕ ಕಾಲ ಬೂದಿ ಮುಚ್ಚಿದ ಕೆಂಡದಂತಿದ್ದ ದಕ್ಷಿಣ ಹಾಗೂ ಉತ್ತರ ಕೊರಿಯಾ ಸಂಬಂಧದಲ್ಲಿ ಸುಧಾರಣೆ ತರುವ ಐತಿಹಾಸಿಕ 13 ಒಪ್ಪಂದಗಳಿಗೆ ಉಭಯ ದೇಶಗಳ ಮುಖ್ಯಸ್ಥರು ಷರಾ ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ‘ವಿಶ್ವ ಕಂಟಕ’ ಎಂಬ ಕುಖ್ಯಾತಿ ಪಡೆದ ಉತ್ತರ ಕೊರಿಯಾ ...READ MORE
The Make in India – Karnataka conference concluded in Bengaluru on Tuesday. Aimed at re-energising the industry and boosting the manufacturing sector, the conference saw the participation of more than 5,000 ...READ MORE
“18th ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
ಪಂಚಾಯತ್ ರಾಜ್ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಗೆ ಬದಲಾವಣೆ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 6th
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 2nd October
“28th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes
Nobel Prize winners: 2015