Kerala students to take digital literacy to the masses
- The Kerala-wide Digital Empowerment Campaign, which seeks to bridge the digital divide and maximise the potential of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) in day-to-day life, is all set to be rolled
- Student police cadets from as many as 280 schools in all 14 districts will be enlisted for the campaign, which is expected to help 3 million people in the State.
- Equipped with tablets preloaded with special software, the students will train at least one member in each family in the catchment area of a school extending up to a radius of 3 km.
- President Pranab Mukherjee is scheduled to launch the campaign on February 27 during his visit to the State.
- The Kerala State IT Mission (KSITM), the nodal agency for the project, is readying as many as 5600 tablets to be distributed to the cadets.
- Interestingly, one can monitor the training process on real time basis using the software. A programme monitoring unit will also be set up at KSITM.
- More than 10 lakh people will be digitally empowered in the first phase of the campaign over a period of four months.
- The initiative is aimed at making them capable of using e-mail, accessing online government services, making online utility payments and bank transfers and doing online shopping.
- The training will also cover mobile services and information security. The second phase will utilise the services of both NSS volunteers and NCC cadets to reach out to more citizens.
- Taken up under the Digital India initiative, the campaign seeks to build on the achievements registered through Akshaya and IT@School projects.
- High mobile penetration, internet subscription base, optic fibre network coverage, e-governance initiatives and the rise in e-commerce activities justified a higher level of digital empowerment in Kerala.
- Assuming that 50 per cent of the State’s population in the age group of 30 to 60 years has already been digitally empowered through Akshaya and IT@School programmes, the campaign seeks to reach out to the remaining 60 lakh people.
- The pilot phase of the campaign last year had utilised student police cadets from 10 schools in Thiruvananthapuram to train 10,000 citizens.
- The President is also expected to declare Kerala a ‘Digital State’ on the strength of its digital infrastructure and e-governance initiatives
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform showcasing the government's performance and achievements to the citizens. Developed as the Chief Minister's dash board, 'Pratibimba,' which means reflection, will serve ...READ MORE
Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India, intended to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and ...READ MORE
KLCDA for declaring 176 ‘live’ lakes in Bengaluru as wetlands The Karnataka Lake Conservation and Development Authority (KLCDA) has sought for the declaration of 176 ‘live’ lakes in the city as ...READ MORE
Cauvery tribunal's term extended by six months The Centre has given a six-month extension to the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT), which is looking into the dispute between Karnataka and Tamil ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
Malware affects thousands of BSNL broadband modems At least 60,000 BSNL broadband modems have become dysfunctional after a malware attack since Wednesday night across the Karnataka Telecom Circle. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಹಸ್ರ ಗೋವುಗಳ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ದೇಶದಲ್ಲೇ ಇದೇ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ಹೊಸ ಪರಿಕಲ್ಪನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಪಾಲನೆಗೆ ಶ್ರೀರಾಮಚಂದ್ರಾಪುರ ಮಠ ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದೆ. ಉತ್ತರಕನ್ನಡ ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ ಸಿದ್ದಾಪುರದ ಬಾನ್ಕುಳಿ ಮಠದ ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೋಸ್ವರ್ಗ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣ ಮಾಡಲು ಯೋಜನೆ ರೂಪಿಸಿದ್ದು, ಮೇ 2ರಂದು ಯೋಜನೆ ಧಾರ್ವಿುಕ ವಿಧಿ ವಿಧಾನಗಳ ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
Karnataka: CM launches ‘Pratibimba’ website to project achievements
All you need to know about Startup India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
“11th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning