- A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus on the sidelines of the fourth meeting of the Group of Ministers, set up by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
- LNG fueled Bus was brought to PLL Kochi LNG Terminal for LNG filling. LNG fuel tank was provided by M/s Chart Industries, USA. As it is a pilot project, the LNG-driven bus will run on trial basis before it can be certified for commercial application.
- The LNG pipeline was one the major topics of discussion between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pinarayi Vijayan during the latter’s first New Delhi visit after taking charge as Kerala Chief Minister,
- After the meeting, the Prime Minister had asked him to coordinate things in this regard and Kerala CM had assured all help to complete laying of GAIL pipeline in Kochi-Mangaluru stretch
- On Kerala’s natural gas expansion plans, Pradhan said IOC planned to set up five CNG stations at Ernakulum by March 2017 and would provide Piped Natural Gas to 4000 households.
- The PNG connections would increase to 41,000 by 2020.
- The company has also finalised an arrangement with Kerala State Road Transport Corporation to set up an integrated fuel complex at its various depots in the state having provision to dispense different fuels, including LNG and CNG to vehicles
- The Government of India has already announced that it is planning to use LNG, which is cheaper than diesel, as a fuel for Railways and long-haul transportation.
- The KSRTC, which has a fleet of 6,000 buses, has already announced plans to use natural gas. LNG is greener as well as more economical as compared to Diesel. LNG is more suitable for heavy duty segment like Trucks and Buses.
- LNG is an environmentally friendly fuel with less number of Nox, Sox and particulate matters, as compared to any other automotive fuel. Co2 emission is also lesser than Diesel. Introduction of LNG in transport segment will also help India to meet its COP21 commitment.
The union government approved the hybrid annuity model for building national highways, paving the way for construction of 28 projects worth Rs. 36,000 crore this fiscal year. The move will speed ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ It is a project of DRDO aimed at converting biomass, municipal solid wastes, high ash coal and industrial wastes into useful products like electricity, fertilizers and chemicals ∗ The project ...READ MORE
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
The BMRDA had prepared the Structure Plan in 1998 based on the availability and future prospects in respect of the natural resources and infrastructure and the trend of urbanization in the region. The Structure Plan was ...READ MORE
Programmes to control Non communicable diseases National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)- which is implemented for interventions up to District level under the National Health ...READ MORE
Rs. 400 crore funding for 100 innovative startups As many as 100 startups will get Rs. 400 crore funding under the Karnataka government’s Elevate programme to fast track the most innovative ...READ MORE
Deposit Contribution Works Karnataka Housing Board has undertaken deposit contribution works as per entrustment by the Government. Up to October 2015 the details of works taken and progress is as follows - 475 building projects ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
All you need to know about HYBRID ANNUITY
MULTI-FEED GASIFICATION TECHNOLOGY
Aadhar Bill 2016
Urban Development: Structure Plan & BBMP
Non communicable diseases
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Urban Development – Housing Schemes
National Judicial Reference System
Government approves pacts with Germany
Food And Health