- A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus on the sidelines of the fourth meeting of the Group of Ministers, set up by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
- LNG fueled Bus was brought to PLL Kochi LNG Terminal for LNG filling. LNG fuel tank was provided by M/s Chart Industries, USA. As it is a pilot project, the LNG-driven bus will run on trial basis before it can be certified for commercial application.
- The LNG pipeline was one the major topics of discussion between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pinarayi Vijayan during the latter’s first New Delhi visit after taking charge as Kerala Chief Minister,
- After the meeting, the Prime Minister had asked him to coordinate things in this regard and Kerala CM had assured all help to complete laying of GAIL pipeline in Kochi-Mangaluru stretch
- On Kerala’s natural gas expansion plans, Pradhan said IOC planned to set up five CNG stations at Ernakulum by March 2017 and would provide Piped Natural Gas to 4000 households.
- The PNG connections would increase to 41,000 by 2020.
- The company has also finalised an arrangement with Kerala State Road Transport Corporation to set up an integrated fuel complex at its various depots in the state having provision to dispense different fuels, including LNG and CNG to vehicles
- The Government of India has already announced that it is planning to use LNG, which is cheaper than diesel, as a fuel for Railways and long-haul transportation.
- The KSRTC, which has a fleet of 6,000 buses, has already announced plans to use natural gas. LNG is greener as well as more economical as compared to Diesel. LNG is more suitable for heavy duty segment like Trucks and Buses.
- LNG is an environmentally friendly fuel with less number of Nox, Sox and particulate matters, as compared to any other automotive fuel. Co2 emission is also lesser than Diesel. Introduction of LNG in transport segment will also help India to meet its COP21 commitment.
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System ...READ MORE
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
ಭೂಮಿಯ ಮೇಲ್ಮೈ ಮೇಲೆ ಬೀಳುವ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯು ಪ್ರಾಥಮಿಕವಾಗಿ ಭೌಗೋಳಿಕ ನೆಲೆ, ಭೂಮಿ-ಸೂರ್ಯನ ಚಲನೆ, ಭೂಮಿಯ ಪರಿಭ್ರಮಣ ರೇಖೆಯ ಓರೆ ಮತ್ತು ತೇಲುವ ಕಣಗಳಿಂದಾಗಿ ವಾತಾವರಣವು ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಕುಂದಿಸುವ ಕ್ರಿಯೆ (Attenuation) ಮುಂತಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳನ್ನು ಅವಲಂಬಿಸಿರುತ್ತದೆ ಒಂದು ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಸೌರ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಸಾಮರ್ಥ್ಯ ಅಥವಾ ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
Indira Awas Yojana This Centrally Sponsored Scheme was introduced during 1989-90 for rural homeless people who are below the poverty line. 60% of the target is earmarked for SCs/STs, 15% for minorities and ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
Silicon likely makes up a significant proportion of the Earth’s core after iron and nickel, say scientists who claim to have identified the ‘missing element’ in the deep interiors of ...READ MORE
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
Database soon of medicinal plants and traditional healthcare
Aadhar Bill 2016
ಸೌರ ಶಕ್ತಿ ಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ನೋಟ
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
Labour reform bills to be introduced
Rural Development – Housing – Indira Awas Yojana
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
State of nutrition in the country
Science & Tech: Silicon identified as ‘missing element’