- A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus on the sidelines of the fourth meeting of the Group of Ministers, set up by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
- LNG fueled Bus was brought to PLL Kochi LNG Terminal for LNG filling. LNG fuel tank was provided by M/s Chart Industries, USA. As it is a pilot project, the LNG-driven bus will run on trial basis before it can be certified for commercial application.
- The LNG pipeline was one the major topics of discussion between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pinarayi Vijayan during the latter’s first New Delhi visit after taking charge as Kerala Chief Minister,
- After the meeting, the Prime Minister had asked him to coordinate things in this regard and Kerala CM had assured all help to complete laying of GAIL pipeline in Kochi-Mangaluru stretch
- On Kerala’s natural gas expansion plans, Pradhan said IOC planned to set up five CNG stations at Ernakulum by March 2017 and would provide Piped Natural Gas to 4000 households.
- The PNG connections would increase to 41,000 by 2020.
- The company has also finalised an arrangement with Kerala State Road Transport Corporation to set up an integrated fuel complex at its various depots in the state having provision to dispense different fuels, including LNG and CNG to vehicles
- The Government of India has already announced that it is planning to use LNG, which is cheaper than diesel, as a fuel for Railways and long-haul transportation.
- The KSRTC, which has a fleet of 6,000 buses, has already announced plans to use natural gas. LNG is greener as well as more economical as compared to Diesel. LNG is more suitable for heavy duty segment like Trucks and Buses.
- LNG is an environmentally friendly fuel with less number of Nox, Sox and particulate matters, as compared to any other automotive fuel. Co2 emission is also lesser than Diesel. Introduction of LNG in transport segment will also help India to meet its COP21 commitment.
Why in News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Vientiane, Laos on Wednesday to attend two important meetings – the 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia forum. Here is what you ...READ MORE
ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್) ನಮ್ಮ ದೇಹದ ವಿವಿಧ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಗೆ ಅತ್ಯವಶ್ಯಕವಾಗಿ ಬೇಕಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳು. ನಾವು ಸೇವಿಸುವ ಆಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿನ ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು ಪಚನವಾಗಿ ರಕ್ತದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀರುವಂತಾಗಲು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಂಶದ ಅಗತ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಗುಣವಾಗಿ ಅವುಗಳನ್ನು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ (Water Soluble) ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳೆಂದು ವಿಂಗಡಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜೀವಸತ್ವ ಎ.ಡಿ.ಇ.ಕೆ.ಗಳನ್ನು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್ ...READ MORE
BBMP: 40 Indira Canteens ready so far Inching towards its August 15 deadline, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is leaving no stone unturned in meeting its target of setting up ...READ MORE
Portrait of Basavanna in government offices soon Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on 26th April said all government offices in the state should display portraits of 12th century social reformer Basaveshwara. The government ...READ MORE
According to the Load Generation Balance Report for 2015-2016 Karnataka would face difficult times in the remaining months of the current fiscal year unless it takes immediate steps to address ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan (RMP) 2031 the new Plan talks about more Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and mandating apartment owners to treat their waste water themselves, they ask: Why did ...READ MORE
Schengen zone Schengen has 26 countries - 22 EU members and four non-EU. Those four are: Iceland and Norway (since 2001), Switzerland (since 2008) and Liechtenstein (since 2011). Schengen is a town ...READ MORE
Conference on ancient India Prof. Achuta Rao Memorial History Conference will be held at the Manipal Centre for Philosophy and Humanities (MCPH), a constituent of Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), ...READ MORE
49 new taluks formed The State government has issued an order for formation of 49 new taluks to take the administration to the doorsteps of the people. The State Budget for 2017-18 ...READ MORE
The 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Power crisis in Karnataka
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka: Bengaluru unable to treat waste water?
Schengen area – All you need to know
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams