- A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus on the sidelines of the fourth meeting of the Group of Ministers, set up by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
- LNG fueled Bus was brought to PLL Kochi LNG Terminal for LNG filling. LNG fuel tank was provided by M/s Chart Industries, USA. As it is a pilot project, the LNG-driven bus will run on trial basis before it can be certified for commercial application.
- The LNG pipeline was one the major topics of discussion between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pinarayi Vijayan during the latter’s first New Delhi visit after taking charge as Kerala Chief Minister,
- After the meeting, the Prime Minister had asked him to coordinate things in this regard and Kerala CM had assured all help to complete laying of GAIL pipeline in Kochi-Mangaluru stretch
- On Kerala’s natural gas expansion plans, Pradhan said IOC planned to set up five CNG stations at Ernakulum by March 2017 and would provide Piped Natural Gas to 4000 households.
- The PNG connections would increase to 41,000 by 2020.
- The company has also finalised an arrangement with Kerala State Road Transport Corporation to set up an integrated fuel complex at its various depots in the state having provision to dispense different fuels, including LNG and CNG to vehicles
- The Government of India has already announced that it is planning to use LNG, which is cheaper than diesel, as a fuel for Railways and long-haul transportation.
- The KSRTC, which has a fleet of 6,000 buses, has already announced plans to use natural gas. LNG is greener as well as more economical as compared to Diesel. LNG is more suitable for heavy duty segment like Trucks and Buses.
- LNG is an environmentally friendly fuel with less number of Nox, Sox and particulate matters, as compared to any other automotive fuel. Co2 emission is also lesser than Diesel. Introduction of LNG in transport segment will also help India to meet its COP21 commitment.
ವಾಷಿಂಗ್ಟನ್ ಮೂಲದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ಶಾಂತಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ತಯಾರಿಸಿದ ವರದಿ. 162 ದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ನಡೆಸಿ ವರದಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕರಿಂದ ಅತಿಹೆಚ್ಚು ತೊಂದರೆಗೆ ಒಳಗಾದ ಮೊದಲ 10 ದೇಶಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಸೇರಿದೆ. ಈ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದನಾ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ (ಜಿಟಿಐ), ಜಗತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕ ...READ MORE
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) will train construction workers workingin its poat graduate campus. They will be trained in six basic skills related to their work by the varsity, which has been ...READ MORE
Street children will be provided Aadhaar cards to enable them to take admission in schools and access government health services. The Standard Operating Procedure for Care and Protection of Children in ...READ MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
Kyasanur Forest Disease or KFD is also known as monkey fever KFD is a tick-borne viral disease that was first reported in 1957 from Kyasanur, a village in Shivamogga district It gets transmitted from ...READ MORE
A draft notification by the Karnataka Department of Labour proposes to revise the common minimum wage for workers in 23 industries early next year This includes those working in industries like ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government on Monday launched rural Wi-Fi services in 11 gram panchayats, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah saying such a ‘digital inclusion’ will give village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a biochemical technology in molecular biology to amplify a single or a few copies of a piece ofDNA across several orders of magnitude, ...READ MORE
The third edition of the Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) will be celebrated at Daroji Karadi Dhama, near Hampi, on January 5, 6 and 7. The first two festivals were ...READ MORE
ಉಗ್ರರ ಕಾಟ: ಭಾರತಕ್ಕೆ 6ನೇ ಸ್ಥಾನ
VTU to train construction workers
Aadhaar card for street children
Genome Editing and its controversy
Kyasanur Forest Disease
Proposal to hike minimum wages in 23 industries
Karnataka: Rural Wi-Fi for ‘digital inclusion’ of village
POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION [PCR]
Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) in January
Ground water management