- A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala.
- Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan jointly flagged off the first pilot run of the eco-friendly bus on the sidelines of the fourth meeting of the Group of Ministers, set up by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
- LNG fueled Bus was brought to PLL Kochi LNG Terminal for LNG filling. LNG fuel tank was provided by M/s Chart Industries, USA. As it is a pilot project, the LNG-driven bus will run on trial basis before it can be certified for commercial application.
- The LNG pipeline was one the major topics of discussion between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Pinarayi Vijayan during the latter’s first New Delhi visit after taking charge as Kerala Chief Minister,
- After the meeting, the Prime Minister had asked him to coordinate things in this regard and Kerala CM had assured all help to complete laying of GAIL pipeline in Kochi-Mangaluru stretch
- On Kerala’s natural gas expansion plans, Pradhan said IOC planned to set up five CNG stations at Ernakulum by March 2017 and would provide Piped Natural Gas to 4000 households.
- The PNG connections would increase to 41,000 by 2020.
- The company has also finalised an arrangement with Kerala State Road Transport Corporation to set up an integrated fuel complex at its various depots in the state having provision to dispense different fuels, including LNG and CNG to vehicles
- The Government of India has already announced that it is planning to use LNG, which is cheaper than diesel, as a fuel for Railways and long-haul transportation.
- The KSRTC, which has a fleet of 6,000 buses, has already announced plans to use natural gas. LNG is greener as well as more economical as compared to Diesel. LNG is more suitable for heavy duty segment like Trucks and Buses.
- LNG is an environmentally friendly fuel with less number of Nox, Sox and particulate matters, as compared to any other automotive fuel. Co2 emission is also lesser than Diesel. Introduction of LNG in transport segment will also help India to meet its COP21 commitment.
The Centre’s revision of service tax rate for packaged tours booked through travel and tour agencies will result in a nearly 20% hike in charges, which will be passed on ...READ MORE
ವಿಶ್ವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಹೆರಿಗೆ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ತಾಯಂದಿರ ಮರಣ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವನ್ನು (ಎಂಎಂಆರ್) ಶೇ 77ರಷ್ಟು ಇಳಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತದ ಸಾಧನೆಗೆ ವಿಶ್ವ ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ (ಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಎಚ್ಒ) ಬೆನ್ನು ತಟ್ಟಿದೆ. ಹೆರಿಗೆ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೆಚ್ಚಾಗಿದ್ದ ತಾಯಂದಿರ ಮರಣ ಪ್ರಮಾಣವನ್ನು 26 ವರ್ಷಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಶೇ77ರಷ್ಟು ನಿಯಂತ್ರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. 1990ರಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
Government of India has introduced the centrally sponsored Mega City scheme during the year 1995. Under this scheme a sum of Rs.241.75 crore central share and equal share under state grant i.e.Rs.241.75 crore was provided to ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
Pressure mounts on State to reduce VAT on petrol, diesel With Gujarat, Maharashtra and Himachal Pradesh reducing Value Added Tax (VAT) on fuel from Wednesday, towing the line of the Centre ...READ MORE
ಪರಿಸರ ಸೂಕ್ಷ್ಮ ವಲಯ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ?ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸೇರಿದಂತೆ 6 ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳ ಆಕ್ಷೇಪದ ಮಧ್ಯೆಯೇ ಪಶ್ಚಿಮಘಟ್ಟವನ್ನು ಪರಿಸರ ಸೂಕ್ಷ್ಮ ವಲಯ ಎಂದು ಘೋಷಿಸಿಲು ಸದ್ಯದಲ್ಲೇ ಅಧಿಸೂಚನೆ ಹೊರಡಿಸಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರ ನಿರ್ಧರಿಸಿದೆ. ಹಿನ್ನಲೆ ಪಶ್ಚಿಮಘಟ್ಟ ಪ್ರದೇಶಗಳ 56825 ಚದರ ಕಿಮೀ ಪ್ರದೇಶವನ್ನು ಪರಿಸರ ಸೂಕ್ಷ್ಮ ವಲಯ ...READ MORE
Packaged tours booked through travel &tour agencies will
“11th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
Urban Development-Central Sponsored Mega City Scheme & Smart
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 12th-13th
“25th ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Water crisis in Delhi – call for action