Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
To crackdown on the menace of fake AYUSH doctors, registration of Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Siddha, Unani, and Yoga practitioners has been made mandatory in the State. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
To monitor vehicular pollution, the Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) on 16th Nov launched 12 vehicles fitted with sophisticated emission monitoring equipment. KSPCB chairman Lakshman said the vehicles are fitted ...READ MORE
The state-run Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) on 2nd March said that it has called off the plan to construct the controversial steel flyover bridge in Bengaluru. The proposed 6.9 km six-lane steel bridge from ...READ MORE
Despite the Animal Welfare Board of India’s ‘request’ to the State government to stop Kambala for the year 2015-16 it will be held. Administrations of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi will follow ...READ MORE
Faced with acute water shortage, particularly during the summer months, Bengaluru is struggling hard to cope . If this is the scenario now, how scary will it be in 2031? ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
The Union Budget 2017 was broadly focused on 10 broad themes farmers, rural population, youth, poor and health care for the underprivileged; infrastructure; financial sector for stronger institutions; speedy accountability; ...READ MORE
Urban Slums The population living in urban slums in Karnataka has raised from 14.02 lakh (2001) to 32.91 lakh (2011) in a decade. This is a rise from 7.8 per cent of the total urban population ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Lower House passes bill to regulate Ayush
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
Karnataka State Government Launches Mobile Units To Check
Finally Karnataka government scraps Bengaluru steel flyover project
Kambala to be held in Dakshina Kannada
Bengaluru’s water needs in 2031: Master Plan paints
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Explained: Union Budget 2017-18
Karnataka-Urban Development-Urban Slums
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting