Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System ...READ MORE
SC orders Karnataka to decide Shakadri's plea in 6 weeks The Supreme Court on 27th March directed the Karnataka government to decide within six weeks several representations made by the religious head ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
NGT: Close industries near Bellandur Lake Namma Bengaluru Foundation, at the forefront of the fight to save the lake, on 19th April announced the formation of a 10-member committee United Bengaluru ...READ MORE
Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country conferred in three categories Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. This year, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved conferment of ...READ MORE
Piped natural gas and compressed natural gas will soon be available in Tumakuru, Belagavi and Dharwad districts. Work on the City Gas Distribution (CGD) project has already begun in these districts. Petroleum ...READ MORE
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
To boost electronic manufacturing in the country, the Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved incentives to the tune of Rs 10,000 crore for investors by amending the Modified Special Incentive Package ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan (RMP) 2031 the new Plan talks about more Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and mandating apartment owners to treat their waste water themselves, they ask: Why did ...READ MORE
Database soon of medicinal plants and traditional healthcare
Karnataka State Update – KAS / KPSC Exams
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Padma Awards: Seven Padma awardees from Karnataka –
Tumakuru, Belagavi & Dharwad districts to soon get
Karanth’s house being restored
Cabinet approves amendment in Modified Special Incentive Package
Karnataka: Bengaluru unable to treat waste water?
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire