Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
ISRO: After Mars, it’s time for Venus The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has invited scientists to suggest studies for a potential orbiter mission to Venus - somewhat similar to the ...READ MORE
Government had entrusted MCC with responsibility of issuing building plans, collecting property tax Owners of houses and sites in MUDA (Mysuru Urban Development Authority) layouts will have to pay property tax ...READ MORE
The Channapatna handcraft can be traced to the reign of Tipu Sultan who invited artisans from Persia to train local artisans in the making of the wooden toys. The traditional wooden ...READ MORE
The eleventh annual meeting of the G20 heads of governments Why in News: The eleventh annual meeting of the G20 heads of governments was held at the Chinese city of Hangzhou, ...READ MORE
ಹೆಣ್ಣುಮಕ್ಕಳ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಭವಿಷ್ಯದ ದೃಷ್ಟಿಯಿಂದ ರೂಪಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ‘ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವೋ’ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಒಂದು ಭಾಗ. ಸ್ಮಾಲ್ ಸೇವಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೀಮ್. ಹತ್ತು ವರ್ಷ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಿತಿ ದಾಟದ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆ ಅನ್ವಯವಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಾಲಕಿಯ ಹೆಸರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಆಕೆಯ ಪಾಲಕರು , ಲೀಗಲ್ ಗಾರ್ಡಿಯನ್ಈ ಖಾತೆ ...READ MORE
Home Minister G Parameshwara said that a special drive would be launched throughout the state to check the narcotics menace. Responding to a calling attention notice tabled by Ramachandra Gowda (BJP) in ...READ MORE
The Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics, modelled on the London School of Economics, will begin classes from the upcoming academic year (2017-18) at the Jnana Bharathi campus of ...READ MORE
Former High Court judge Justice P Vishwanath Shetty was sworn in as the Karnataka Lokayukta, a year after the post fell vacant following a bribery scandal that had hit the ...READ MORE
Rural Energy Programmes National Biogas Manure and Management Programme (NBMMP), Karnataka State Bio-fuel Policy -2009 and Soura Belaku are the three programmes implemented under Rural Energy sector. National Biogas Manure and Management Programme (NBMMP) Biogas is a clean, ...READ MORE
Mincheri hill to turn into tree park The Mincheri Hill Range, which is among the lesser known trekking routes in Ballari district, is now being developed into a tree park. It ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka: Property owners in MUDA layouts to pay
Channapatna craft losing sheen
Highlights of the G-20 Summit – 2016
Karnataka will launch special drive to curb narcotics
Cabinet okays Rs 150-cr corpus for School of
Karnataka gets Lokayukta after a year – Justice
Rural Development-Rural Energy Programmes-National Biogas Manure and Management
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams