Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015. Along with it, the fully revamped IT application ...READ MORE
Kalaburagi is now free wifi connected Kalaburagi is now wi-fi connected with the installation of a new, free wi-fi hotspot, at the city's Mahanagara Palike office premises. MP Mallikarjun Kharge inaugurated the ...READ MORE
Drone begins mapping boundaries of properties The Survey Settlement and Land Records (SSLR) Department, in coordination with the Survey of India, has taken up a pilot initiative to map properties, with ...READ MORE
The International Tax Wing of the Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, on 8th March launched two online services aimed to help non-resident taxpayers. The services include issuance of TDS certificates for non-resident ...READ MORE
BBMP gets Rs. 1,413 cr. in property tax The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has been able to collect Rs. 1,413.51 crore as property tax from nearly 10 lakh property owners ...READ MORE
BEL to make satellites for ISRO Bharat Electronics Ltd., recently chosen by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to make its future satellites, will acquire 30 acres of land near Devanahalli ...READ MORE
Southern Zonal Council Why in news? The 28th meeting of the Southern Zonal Council was recently held under the Chairmanship of the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh in Bengaluru. About zonal councils Zonal ...READ MORE
PM inaugurates first Assembly of the International Solar Alliance Topic: GS-2 Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India's interests IN NEWS: The Prime Minister, Shri ...READ MORE
Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year. The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January ...READ MORE
Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) Why in news? The administrative control of Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF) has been transferred to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Finance Ministry. So ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 11th &
New online system launched for Non-Resident Taxpayers
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 21st
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 31st
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 20th September
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 3rd October
Karnataka: Air ambulance service to be operational in
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 1st August