Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
First State-owned wayside amenity centre to come up in Chittapur soon The first government-owned roadside multi-amenity centre to cater the basic needs of tourists and travellers is going to be established ...READ MORE
The reality of urban governance in Karnataka and in India general, in the context of a local government, stands in contrast to the philosophy of the Constitution. The colonial authoritarian structure of city governance continues to ...READ MORE
M S Swaminathan bags 'Basava Krishi' award Noted agriculture scientist M S Swaminathan has been selected for the 'Basava Krishi' award given away by the Panchamasali Peetha of Kudalasangama. The award comprises ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday urged Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to grant Rs 500 crore for organising the Mahamasthakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district in February next year. The state ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
Uranium mining to move out of Gujanal to uninhabited areas Uranium mining is being moved out of Gujanal village in Gokak taluk of Belagavi district after complaints from villagers that deep ...READ MORE
Gross Domestic Product was 7.6 per cent in the second quarter of the last fiscal. The Indian economy grew at 7.3 per cent in the September quarter of current fiscal, up ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
A pre-recruitment training programme proposed by the Karnataka government for those aspiring to get into the Indian Army is all set to be launched. The admission process for the programme will ...READ MORE
BCU to launch India's first dept of cinema studies Bengaluru Central University (BCU) is all set to launch Department of Cinema Studies (DCS) from the next academic year. There are many film ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 20th
Urban Governance & Constitution of a District Planning
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
CM seeks Rs 500 crore from Centre for
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
GDP grows at 7.3% in September quarter
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Karnataka: Govt to prepare state’s youths for Army
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd