Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
The state Cabinet decided to abolish the Karnataka Goseva Ayog (Cow Conservation Commission) constituted by the previous BJP government in 2012. The panel was set up as part of the State ...READ MORE
Karnataka State to get 8 more HIV viral load testing machines in April Karnataka will soon have eight more machines that can detect treatment failures among Aids patients who are undergoing antiretroviral ...READ MORE
Govt's plan worked: Specialist doctors bid for rural service The government’s attempt to get specialist doctors to name their price to work in the villages is yielding good results. The Health department ...READ MORE
Urban Development Department is responsible for all matters relating to urban areas in the State. Urbanization gives rise to various issues like (i) urban poverty and Slum Improvement (ii) increased pressure on basic services/civic amenities of housing, ...READ MORE
New Socio-Economic Survey report on caste categorisation to be out soon Social Welfare Minister H Anjaneya has announced that the socio-economic survey report being prepared by the Backward Classes Commission would prevail ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Govt deposits input subsidy into drought-hit farmers' accounts The government on 14th March took measures to deposit Rs 671 crore to bank accounts of 9.68 lakh drought-hit farmers as input subsidy ...READ MORE
Cauvery tribunal's term extended by six months The Centre has given a six-month extension to the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT), which is looking into the dispute between Karnataka and Tamil ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
The state government is all set to introduce postgraduate and short-term courses in public health for non-medical staff working in various government hospitals across the state. The Department of Health and ...READ MORE
An estimated million people are joining India’s workforce every month, thanks to its demographic dividend of a high number of youth in the population. As of now, the only employment data ...READ MORE
Karnataka Cabinet Okays Abolition of Goseva Ayog
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 24th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – KAS/KPSC EXAMS
Karnataka: Today’s Current Affairs – 15th March 2017
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
Karnataka Govt to introduce public health courses for
Govt plans to institute one of its kind Annual