Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಜನಸಂಖ್ಯಾ ರಿಜಿಸ್ಟರ್ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಬಹು ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿತ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಜನಸಂಖ್ಯಾ ರಿಜಿಸ್ಟರ್ನ (ಎನ್ಆರ್ಸಿ) ಅಂತಿಮ ಕರಡು ಪ್ರಕಟವಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಅಸ್ಸಾಂನ 40 ಲಕ್ಷ ಮಂದಿ ಭಾರತೀಯ ಪ್ರಜೆಗಳೆಂದು ಸಾಬೀತುಪಡಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ವಿಫಲರಾಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಒಟ್ಟು 29 ಕೋಟಿ ಜನಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯ ಪೈಕಿ 2.9 ಕೋಟಿ ಜನರ ಹೆಸರುಗಳು ...READ MORE
Fiscal deficit exceeds full-year target in just seven months Topic: Indian Economy IN NEWS: India’s fiscal deficit in the first seven months of the financial year, at ₹6.49 lakh crore, exceeded the budgeted target ...READ MORE
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday urged Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to grant Rs 500 crore for organising the Mahamasthakabhisheka at Shravanabelagola in Hassan district in February next year. The state ...READ MORE
Karnataka Govt: Over-exploitation pushed down water table in 143 taluks On 22nd March, the government presented a grim picture of the water situation. Groundwater levels in 143 of the total 176 ...READ MORE
Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane has been ventured to develop vibrant village communities by adopting an intensive and integrated approach to rural development. The programme was launched on the occasion of Golden Jubilee ...READ MORE
Bengaluru: City to host biggest drone racing contest India’s biggest drone racing competition would take place at this year’s ‘Bengaluru Tech Summit’, which would take place from November 29 to December 1. Top ...READ MORE
Report finds cloud seeding increased rain Last year, there was visible skepticism when the State government, fearing another year of drought, initiated Project Varshadhare, a Rs. 35-crore cloud seeding programme. Though the ...READ MORE
Biometric attendance to weed out bogus billing Civic officials are all set to introduce the biometric system of attendance for pourakarmikas to weed out suspect bogus billing by contractors. The National Informatics ...READ MORE
Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill Why in news? The Lok Sabha passed the Prevention of Corruption (Amendment) Bill, 2018, that seeks to punish bribe-givers and bribe-takers. The Bill provides for jail terms of ...READ MORE
Mudigere taluk records highest rainfall in State The rainfall in Hassan and Chikkamagaluru districts was widespread on 11th & 12th June The State’s highest rainfall of 395.5mm was recorded at Kirugunda in ...READ MORE
31st ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 1st December
CM seeks Rs 500 crore from Centre for
KARNATAKA – CURRENT AFFAIRS – KAS / KPSC
Rural Development-Suvarna Gramodaya Yojane-KAS/KPSC 2016
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 21st November
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 23rd &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 25th July
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 14th June