Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot
- The Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) will launch the Dasara special package train tour on the Golden Chariot from October 1, 2016.
- This will be the first ever short domestic trip of the luxury train. The idea is to make travel on the Golden Chariot affordable to all and ensure that train runs full house
- Tickets for the Dasara special and domestic travel would be sold through various tourism portals soon.
- The Dasara special will be a one-day, two-nights trip, where tourists will travel from Bengaluru to Mysuru, have breakfast onboard and then see the jamboo savari with gold pass.
- The guests will also enjoy the cultural programmes organised as part of the festival.
- There will be 86 berths, along with exclusive berths for the disabled.
- Apart from enjoying the festival like a royal guest, passengers can also utilise the facilities of a five-star hotel on the Golden Chariot such as the five course meal, bar and spa.
- After the Dasara special tour, the KSTDC will launch weekend domestic travels. Initially, two circuits are being launched, the Mysuru-Hampi circuit and the Hampi-Badami-Patadkal circuit.
- These circuits will be only during weekends, so that the train does not stand idle
- For the Mysuru-Hampi trip, the train will leave Bengaluru to Mysuru on Friday night. On Saturday, after visiting Mysuru for half-a-day, tourists will go to Kabini Jungle Lodges property for safari and will head for Hampi the same night.
- Ten trips of Pride of South (from Bengaluru to Goa) and Southern Splendour (covering Bengaluru, Chennai and Puducherry) are already pre-fixed and will not be altered. The two new domestic circuits will run on the remaining 16 weeks
- Based on their success, more trips will be introduced in Karnataka to run the train throught the year
India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic ...READ MORE
Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) For taking up Housing and Slum up gradation programme in Non-BSUP cities, Integrated Housing & Slum Development Programme (IHSDP) was launched along with BSUP in December 2005. This programme combines ...READ MORE
To strengthen Karnataka and Bengaluru as organic hubs for both farmers and marketers, the state government will hold a first-of-its kind ‘National Trade Fair - Organics and Millets-2017’ from April ...READ MORE
Unable to enforce segregation of waste at source or run processing plants without citizens protesting, the city’s planners have hit upon a novel solution. They are planning to load the garbage ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
The High Court of Karnataka recently expressed displeasure over the dwindling number of policewomen in the state. Justice A N Venugopala Gowda, who is monitoring the recruitment of police personnel in ...READ MORE
'Startup coast' coming up in Karnataka State-of-the-art innovation centres, modern incubation set-up, tinkering labs and co-working space for startups are coming up in coastal Karnataka. This is the first project of its ...READ MORE
The 68th Republic Day parade in New Delhi's Rajpath was a colourful affair tableaux from 17 states and Union Territories showcased the varied historical, art and cultural heritage of the ...READ MORE
Mysuru missed the ‘Smart City’ bus yet again Slipping to fifth place in the most recent Swachh rankings, Mysuru has missed the ‘Smart City’ bus yet again. Meanwhile, Bengaluru finally made it ...READ MORE
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal
Urban Development – Integrated Housing & Slum Development
Karnataka: 3-day national organic, millet fair in B’luru
Waste Management: A goods train to transport city’s
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
High Court: Prepare plan for recruiting women police
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
India Celebrate 68th Republic Day – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams