- Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade
- From women plucking coffee beans to drying and processing them and turning the processed powder into aromatic brew, the colourful tableau on the theme ‘Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka’ will depict various stages of coffee preparation.
- As the tableau rolls out on the majestic Rajpath, Kodava men and women, wearing their distinctive dresses, will move along performing their traditional dance.
- Praveen D Rao has composed the signature music for the tableau
- The tableau has been based on folklorist H L Nage Gowda’s book on the origin of coffee, ‘Bettadinda Battalige’ (from the hills to the cup)
- It is for the sixth consecutive time that Karnataka is participating in the parade.
- Back in 2005, its tableau on the theme of Gomateshwara had bagged the first prize. In the subsequent years, the State showcased Mysuru Dasara, followed by Hoysala and Pattadkal architecture.
The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential. India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government has entered into an agreement with French multinational software company Dassault Systems to impart both short and long-term courses in aerospace and defence sectors using 3D design ...READ MORE
Sericulture farmers in Karnataka, India’s leading raw silk producing State, are disappointed over the Union Budget’s failure to increase the customs duty on import of raw silk. The customs duty on ...READ MORE
INS Khanderi, second of the Scorpene class submarine, was launched in Mumbai on Thursday. The submarine, which was launched at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), will undergo trials before being inducted ...READ MORE
Street children will be provided Aadhaar cards to enable them to take admission in schools and access government health services. The Standard Operating Procedure for Care and Protection of Children in ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
Accessible India, Empowered India”,is a scheme aimed at ease of access for persons with disabilities in government buildings and public transport. It is the responsibility of the signatories to the UN ...READ MORE
The incidents of cross-border firing have shown a sharp decline after the border guarding forces of the two countries decided to “pick up the phone before picking up the gun”, ...READ MORE
This scheme was introduced during 1991-92 to provide housing for rural homeless poor Annual income of the beneficiary was Rs.32,000 Till 2004-05 the beneficiaries were selected by the Ashraya Committees headed by the ...READ MORE
Start ups ecosystem in India
Karnataka: B’luru to get Centre of Excellence in
Sericulture farmers in state disappointed with the budget
India’s Second Scorpene Submarine “Khanderi” Launched
Aadhaar card for street children
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
Accessible India campaign
DG-level talks with Pak bears fruit
Rural Development – Housing – Rural Ashraya/Basava Vasathi
Karnataka: Tipu’s armoury shifting starts smooth