- Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade
- From women plucking coffee beans to drying and processing them and turning the processed powder into aromatic brew, the colourful tableau on the theme ‘Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka’ will depict various stages of coffee preparation.
- As the tableau rolls out on the majestic Rajpath, Kodava men and women, wearing their distinctive dresses, will move along performing their traditional dance.
- Praveen D Rao has composed the signature music for the tableau
- The tableau has been based on folklorist H L Nage Gowda’s book on the origin of coffee, ‘Bettadinda Battalige’ (from the hills to the cup)
- It is for the sixth consecutive time that Karnataka is participating in the parade.
- Back in 2005, its tableau on the theme of Gomateshwara had bagged the first prize. In the subsequent years, the State showcased Mysuru Dasara, followed by Hoysala and Pattadkal architecture.
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
Home minister G Parameshwara said that the state government has decided to provide five per cent reservation for sportspersons in the recruitments of police department. The government would do everything possible ...READ MORE
10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana 10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana was held in Bangalore Nearly 100 Gamakis took part in this event. The Gamakis are also singing modern verses written in ...READ MORE
Karnataka notifies land reform amendment law; soon to frame rules The Karnataka government will soon frame rules for timely implementation of the amendments brought to a law that aims to give ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
BCU to launch India's first dept of cinema studies Bengaluru Central University (BCU) is all set to launch Department of Cinema Studies (DCS) from the next academic year. There are many film ...READ MORE
Council passes Road Safety Authority Bill The Karnataka State Road Safety Authority Bill, 2017, which seeks to curb accidents by making roads safer was passed in the Council on 16th Nov. The ...READ MORE
Defunct Tungabhadra Steel to be closed down The Union government has finally decided to close down Tungabhadra Steel Products Limited at Hosapete in Ballari district. The ISO 9001 company, located on a ...READ MORE
Ganga water for medicinal properties
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
Karnataka will reserve 5% jobs in police force
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAs/KPSC Exams – 1st
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 2nd
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 17th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 11th