- Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade
- From women plucking coffee beans to drying and processing them and turning the processed powder into aromatic brew, the colourful tableau on the theme ‘Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka’ will depict various stages of coffee preparation.
- As the tableau rolls out on the majestic Rajpath, Kodava men and women, wearing their distinctive dresses, will move along performing their traditional dance.
- Praveen D Rao has composed the signature music for the tableau
- The tableau has been based on folklorist H L Nage Gowda’s book on the origin of coffee, ‘Bettadinda Battalige’ (from the hills to the cup)
- It is for the sixth consecutive time that Karnataka is participating in the parade.
- Back in 2005, its tableau on the theme of Gomateshwara had bagged the first prize. In the subsequent years, the State showcased Mysuru Dasara, followed by Hoysala and Pattadkal architecture.
The state Cabinet on 22nd Feb decided to increase the ratio in shortlisting the number of candidates for personality test for gazetted probationers’ examination conducted by the Karnataka Public Service ...READ MORE
India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government on Monday launched rural Wi-Fi services in 11 gram panchayats, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah saying such a ‘digital inclusion’ will give village-level entrepreneurs ready access to online market ...READ MORE
10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana 10th Akhila Karnataka Gamaka Kala Sammelana was held in Bangalore Nearly 100 Gamakis took part in this event. The Gamakis are also singing modern verses written in ...READ MORE
There has been a rise in availability of sandalwood on private properties across Mysuru division, with more landowners coming forward to ‘declare’ and ‘sell’ the prized trees. This is the result ...READ MORE
City Cluster Development: City Cluster Development (CCD) is an urban led strategy towards promotion of economic and social development under which closely located areas of human settlements are linked together functionally, structurally and spatially to form ...READ MORE
The Revised Master Plan (RMP) 2031 the new Plan talks about more Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and mandating apartment owners to treat their waste water themselves, they ask: Why did ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
Karnataka: KAS personality test ratio goes up, 1:5
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
Karnataka: Rural Wi-Fi for ‘digital inclusion’ of village
Karnataka: Landowners declare their sandalwood trees
Urban Development: City Cluster Development & Heritage Based
Karnataka: Bengaluru unable to treat waste water?
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &