- Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade
- From women plucking coffee beans to drying and processing them and turning the processed powder into aromatic brew, the colourful tableau on the theme ‘Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka’ will depict various stages of coffee preparation.
- As the tableau rolls out on the majestic Rajpath, Kodava men and women, wearing their distinctive dresses, will move along performing their traditional dance.
- Praveen D Rao has composed the signature music for the tableau
- The tableau has been based on folklorist H L Nage Gowda’s book on the origin of coffee, ‘Bettadinda Battalige’ (from the hills to the cup)
- It is for the sixth consecutive time that Karnataka is participating in the parade.
- Back in 2005, its tableau on the theme of Gomateshwara had bagged the first prize. In the subsequent years, the State showcased Mysuru Dasara, followed by Hoysala and Pattadkal architecture.
National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), ...READ MORE
ವಾಸಯೋಗ್ಯ ನಗರಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ನಗರ ಯೋಜನೆ ಮತ್ತು ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆಗೆ ಉತ್ತೇಜಿಸುವ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಹಾಗೂ ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಮಟ್ಟದ ಜೀವನ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಗುಣಮಟ್ಟವನ್ನು ನಗರಗಳು ಅಳವಡಿಸಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲಿ ಎಂಬ ಉದ್ದೇಶದಿಂದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ವಸತಿ ಮತ್ತು ನಗರಾಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯ ‘ವಾಸಯೋಗ್ಯ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕ’ ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Pulse polio immunisation in two phases To create awareness on the upcoming pulse polio drive among citizens, a rally was organised by the BBMP and the Rotary Club on 31st March. Nursing ...READ MORE
Self Employment Programme The Government of India, Ministry of Rural Development has restructured SGSY as “Aajeevika”- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) and being implemented from 2010-2011. The State Government is implementing this ...READ MORE
Operation Greens Topic: Government schemes IN NEWS: Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MoFPI) has approved the operationalisation strategy for Operation Greens. About the Scheme: Operation Greens was announced in the Budget speech of 2018-19 with ...READ MORE
The Munak Canal in Haryana’s Mundela village, which brings 80 million gallons per day of water to Delhi, became a target of Jats protesting for reservation in Haryana last week. First, ...READ MORE
Good Samaritan Bill gets President’s nod President Ram Nath Kovind has given his assent to the Karnataka Good Samaritan and Medical Professional (Protection and Regulation During Emergency Situations) Bill, 2016. The President gave assent ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
Biometric attendance to weed out bogus billing Civic officials are all set to introduce the biometric system of attendance for pourakarmikas to weed out suspect bogus billing by contractors. The National Informatics ...READ MORE
National Judicial Reference System
“14th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka State Current Affairs – 1st April 2017
Rural Development-Self Employment Programme
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 6th
Water crisis in Delhi – call for action
Karnataka Current Affair – KAS/KPSC Exams – 1st
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams