- In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Addressing the cases of misleading advertisements with respect to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drugs, treatments and related services, ASCI will comprehensively monitor these advertisements across print and electronic media.
- The MoU was signed by Advisor (Ayurveda), Ministry of AYUSH Dr, Dinesh Chan Katoch and Chairman, ASCI Shri Srinivasan K Swamy in the presence of Secretary AYUSH Shri Ajit M Sharan at New Delhi.
- ASCI has been given a self-monitoring mandate by the Ministry of AYUSH to identify potentially misleading advertisement in the AYUSH sector and process complaints through its Consumer Complaints Council (CCC).
- The Ministry of AYUSH will also redirect complaints against misleading advertisements they receive, to the ASCI, which will be reviewed using ASCI’s code and guidelines. The MoU also requires ASCI to report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 and Rules thereunder as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
- Commenting on the partnership, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH Sh. Ajit M. Sharan, said that the MOU is yet another important step taken by the AYUSH ministry to ensure that Indian consumers have access to safe and effective medicines.
- The arrangement would also ensure that any advertisement making claims for diseases and disorders, in violation of the existing regulations, are immediately brought to our attention.
- Chairman, ASCI, Sh. S.K. Swamy, added that AYUSH is among top three sectors where we find a high incidence of misleading advertisements and some of the advertisements in the AYUSH sector claiming treatment of certain diseases in violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies Regulations have been a cause of concern.
- ASCI’s partnership with the Ministry of AYUSH will provide the necessary support to our efforts in effectively curtailing misleading advertisements in this sector.
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change has notified the revised standards for coal-based Thermal Power Plants in the country, with the primary aim of minimising pollution. These standards are ...READ MORE
As per Registrar General of India, Sample Registration System (SRS) 2013, the Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) is 40 per 1000 live births. the Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR) is 28 per 1000 live ...READ MORE
Karnataka state will get its first air ambulance facility in the New Year. The Chief Minister Siddaramaiah formally launched the air ambulances on 16th Dec, commercial operations will begin in January ...READ MORE
Introduction Wind power is the conversion of wind energy into a useful form of energy Wind Energy is generated by harnessing the kinetic energy of atmospheric air Wind turbines work by transforming the ...READ MORE
The amendment to the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notification 2011 permitting the use of reclaimed land for construction of roads in notified areas has triggered a wave of concern among ...READ MORE
The remaining will have to come from the State government or through private-public partnership. The larger the area, more the burden on the State government. Unlike the last year, when Rs ...READ MORE
The State government’s delay in taking a decision on restoring the ‘conservation reserve tag’ for Kappatagudda in Gadag district has resulted in the ‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign gaining momentum. Gadag’s Gandhi Circle ...READ MORE
1)Consider the following on “Zika” Virus a) it is a tick-borne disease b) it is a contagious disease c) it causes headache, muscle and joint pain along with neurological and foetaldeformation known as Microcephaly d) ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet approved the implementation of solar power projects under distributed-generation approach wherein electricity generated will be supplied to the local community. The move will help cope with the problem ...READ MORE
Earth Summit 1992 Earth Summit 1992 was the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Summit or Rio Conference Outcomes Rio Declaration on Environment and Development Agenda 21 Convention ...READ MORE
Stricter Standards for Coal Based Thermal Power Plants
Infant Mortality- Status
Karnataka: Air ambulance service to be operational in
Amendment to CRZ 2011
Smart City: Bengaluru’s core areas shortlisted for project
‘Save Kappatagudda’ campaign begins today
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTION 3-02-2016
Karnataka: Solar policy amended by cabinet
Kyoto to Paris- All about climate change negotiations