- In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Addressing the cases of misleading advertisements with respect to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drugs, treatments and related services, ASCI will comprehensively monitor these advertisements across print and electronic media.
- The MoU was signed by Advisor (Ayurveda), Ministry of AYUSH Dr, Dinesh Chan Katoch and Chairman, ASCI Shri Srinivasan K Swamy in the presence of Secretary AYUSH Shri Ajit M Sharan at New Delhi.
- ASCI has been given a self-monitoring mandate by the Ministry of AYUSH to identify potentially misleading advertisement in the AYUSH sector and process complaints through its Consumer Complaints Council (CCC).
- The Ministry of AYUSH will also redirect complaints against misleading advertisements they receive, to the ASCI, which will be reviewed using ASCI’s code and guidelines. The MoU also requires ASCI to report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 and Rules thereunder as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
- Commenting on the partnership, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH Sh. Ajit M. Sharan, said that the MOU is yet another important step taken by the AYUSH ministry to ensure that Indian consumers have access to safe and effective medicines.
- The arrangement would also ensure that any advertisement making claims for diseases and disorders, in violation of the existing regulations, are immediately brought to our attention.
- Chairman, ASCI, Sh. S.K. Swamy, added that AYUSH is among top three sectors where we find a high incidence of misleading advertisements and some of the advertisements in the AYUSH sector claiming treatment of certain diseases in violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies Regulations have been a cause of concern.
- ASCI’s partnership with the Ministry of AYUSH will provide the necessary support to our efforts in effectively curtailing misleading advertisements in this sector.
Solar energy sector The government approved a post facto agreement with Germany to expand bilateral cooperation in the field of solar energy. The Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to ...READ MORE
76% of rural Karnataka ‘open defecation-free’ The State government has declared 76% of the rural population of Karnataka as not dependent on open defecation anymore. The authorities have set an ambitious target ...READ MORE
National Court of Appeal 1. What is a National Court of Appeal? The National Court Appeal with regional benches in Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata is meant to act as final court of ...READ MORE
Karnataka Bank registers Rs. 1.1 lakh crore turnover Karnataka Bank has surpassed a total business turnover of Rs. 1.1 lakh crore as on March 31. Aiming to further consolidate its position, the ...READ MORE
The Centre is planning to revive a cluster of gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields shut for 15 years but with an estimated $2.1 billion worth of deposits left as ...READ MORE
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report is titled “Biodegradable Plastics and Marine Litter: Misconceptions, Concerns and Impacts on Marine Environments” Toys, athletic goods, and household goods sectors used the largest amount ...READ MORE
125 Indira Canteens by I-Day, 73 more by Gandhi Jayanti The difficulty in finding ideal plots of land for Indira Canteens in several wards has forced the State government to climb ...READ MORE
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
50 new taluks from Jan. 1 The proposed 50 new taluks in the State will come into existence from January 1, Revenue Minister Kagodu Thimmappa said on 4th Dec. President Ram Nath ...READ MORE
Government approves pacts with Germany
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 3rd
All you need to know about National Court
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 7th
Govt to consider reviving KGF that has $2
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on plastics
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
FAME – India
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Safety concerns of apps