- In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Addressing the cases of misleading advertisements with respect to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drugs, treatments and related services, ASCI will comprehensively monitor these advertisements across print and electronic media.
- The MoU was signed by Advisor (Ayurveda), Ministry of AYUSH Dr, Dinesh Chan Katoch and Chairman, ASCI Shri Srinivasan K Swamy in the presence of Secretary AYUSH Shri Ajit M Sharan at New Delhi.
- ASCI has been given a self-monitoring mandate by the Ministry of AYUSH to identify potentially misleading advertisement in the AYUSH sector and process complaints through its Consumer Complaints Council (CCC).
- The Ministry of AYUSH will also redirect complaints against misleading advertisements they receive, to the ASCI, which will be reviewed using ASCI’s code and guidelines. The MoU also requires ASCI to report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 and Rules thereunder as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
- Commenting on the partnership, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH Sh. Ajit M. Sharan, said that the MOU is yet another important step taken by the AYUSH ministry to ensure that Indian consumers have access to safe and effective medicines.
- The arrangement would also ensure that any advertisement making claims for diseases and disorders, in violation of the existing regulations, are immediately brought to our attention.
- Chairman, ASCI, Sh. S.K. Swamy, added that AYUSH is among top three sectors where we find a high incidence of misleading advertisements and some of the advertisements in the AYUSH sector claiming treatment of certain diseases in violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies Regulations have been a cause of concern.
- ASCI’s partnership with the Ministry of AYUSH will provide the necessary support to our efforts in effectively curtailing misleading advertisements in this sector.
ಮತ್ತೆ ಕರೆನ್ಸಿ ಎಮರ್ಜೆನ್ಸಿ! ನೋಟು ಅಮಾನ್ಯೀಕರಣದ ಆರಂಭಿಕ ದಿನಗಳಲ್ಲಾದಂತೆ ಈಗ ಮತ್ತೆ ಹಲವು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ನಗದು ಕೊರತೆ ಎದುರಾಗಿದೆ. ವಿಧಾನಸಭೆ ಚುನಾವಣೆಗೆ ಸಜ್ಜಾಗಿರುವ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಸೇರಿ 9ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳ ಎಟಿಎಂಗಳು ಖಾಲಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಹಣವಿಲ್ಲ ಎಂಬ ಬೋರ್ಡ್ಗಳು ರಾರಾಜಿಸುತ್ತಿವೆ. ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಅವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯೇ ...READ MORE
Initiatives Taken Up Solid Waste Management: Municipal Solid Waste Management is one of the basic functions of the Municipalities. Rapid urbanization, heterogeneous nature of waste, lack of awareness among the public and various other stake ...READ MORE
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are working on a high-tech 3D sketching tool that will allow designers to sketch on a 3D canvas with better precision and ...READ MORE
Aviation MRO in the country is currently worth $ 700 million and is set to reach $ 2 billion by 2020 Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) involves fixing any sort of mechanical, ...READ MORE
The remaining will have to come from the State government or through private-public partnership. The larger the area, more the burden on the State government. Unlike the last year, when Rs ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Cogeneration is the use of a heat engine or a power station to simultaneously generate both electricity and useful heat. ∗ Co-generation is defined as the combined generation of electric ...READ MORE
The four cities from Karnataka selected in the second round of the Smart City initiative have commenced the process of selecting project management consultants to help execute their respective action ...READ MORE
“18th ಏಪ್ರಿಲ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
State Issues – Solid Waste Management
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill
IISc scientists work on tool for 3D sketching
Maintenance, repair and operations(MRO) industry
Smart City: Bengaluru’s core areas shortlisted for project
KPSC Mains Paper
Karnataka: Smart Cities – Process on to pick
ISRO to help put railway safety back on