- In order to curtail malpractices in the advertisement of AYUSH drugs, the Ministry of AYUSH has signed a MoU with the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI).
- Addressing the cases of misleading advertisements with respect to Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy drugs, treatments and related services, ASCI will comprehensively monitor these advertisements across print and electronic media.
- The MoU was signed by Advisor (Ayurveda), Ministry of AYUSH Dr, Dinesh Chan Katoch and Chairman, ASCI Shri Srinivasan K Swamy in the presence of Secretary AYUSH Shri Ajit M Sharan at New Delhi.
- ASCI has been given a self-monitoring mandate by the Ministry of AYUSH to identify potentially misleading advertisement in the AYUSH sector and process complaints through its Consumer Complaints Council (CCC).
- The Ministry of AYUSH will also redirect complaints against misleading advertisements they receive, to the ASCI, which will be reviewed using ASCI’s code and guidelines. The MoU also requires ASCI to report to the Ministry of AYUSH, all advertisements in potential violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 and Rules thereunder as well as non-compliance of ASCI’s CCC recommendations for the Ministry of AYUSH to take further action.
- Commenting on the partnership, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH Sh. Ajit M. Sharan, said that the MOU is yet another important step taken by the AYUSH ministry to ensure that Indian consumers have access to safe and effective medicines.
- The arrangement would also ensure that any advertisement making claims for diseases and disorders, in violation of the existing regulations, are immediately brought to our attention.
- Chairman, ASCI, Sh. S.K. Swamy, added that AYUSH is among top three sectors where we find a high incidence of misleading advertisements and some of the advertisements in the AYUSH sector claiming treatment of certain diseases in violation of the Drugs and Magic Remedies Regulations have been a cause of concern.
- ASCI’s partnership with the Ministry of AYUSH will provide the necessary support to our efforts in effectively curtailing misleading advertisements in this sector.
Introduction ∗ Bioleaching is the extraction of metals from their ores through the use of living organisms. ∗ It is the Conversion of insoluble metal sulfides into water-soluble metal sulfates. ∗ Nowadays bioleaching ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka The Health Department launched the National Framework for Malaria Elimination in India programme in Karnataka The World Health Organisation is committed to eradicating malaria ...READ MORE
New policy on education for children with special needs The Department of Primary and Secondary Education will frame a draft policy on the education for children with special needs. This will ...READ MORE
ವಾಕ್ ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯದ ಹಕ್ಕು ಸ್ವೇಚ್ಛಾನುಸಾರವಲ್ಲ, ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಐಪಿಸಿಯ ದಂಡನಾರ್ಹ ಕಲಂಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಾಂವಿಧಾನಿಕ ಸಿಂಧುತ್ವ ಇದೆ ಎಂದು ಸುಪ್ರೀಂಕೋರ್ಟ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದೆ. ಮಾನಹಾನಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಿಸಿದ ಭಾರತೀಯ ದಂಡ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಐಪಿಸಿ) ಕಲಂ 499 ಮತ್ತು 500 ಹಾಗೂ ಅಪರಾಧ ಪ್ರಕ್ರಿಯಾ ಸಂಹಿತೆಯ (ಸಿಪಿಸಿ) ...READ MORE
The state-run Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) on 2nd March said that it has called off the plan to construct the controversial steel flyover bridge in Bengaluru. The proposed 6.9 km six-lane steel bridge from ...READ MORE
A pre-recruitment training programme proposed by the Karnataka government for those aspiring to get into the Indian Army is all set to be launched. The admission process for the programme will ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are ...READ MORE
National Court of Appeal 1. What is a National Court of Appeal? The National Court Appeal with regional benches in Chennai, Mumbai and Kolkata is meant to act as final court of ...READ MORE
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
National framework for malaria elimination launched in Karnataka
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – For KAS
ಮಾನಹಾನಿಯ ಸ್ವರೂಪ ಆಗಲಿ ಪುನರ್ವಿಮರ್ಶೆ
Finally Karnataka government scraps Bengaluru steel flyover project
Karnataka: Govt to prepare state’s youths for Army
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Welfare of acid attack victims
All you need to know about National Court