- India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic and security ties and facilitate US-based players to set up atomic plants in India.
- The two countries had reached a broad agreement for cooperation in civil nuclear energy sector during Abe’s visit to India in December last year, but the deal was yet to be signed as some issues were yet to be worked out.
- This is Japan’s first civilian nuclear cooperation pact with a country that has not signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and paves the way for India to buy nuclear technology from Japan.
- India signed a landmark nuclear deal with the US in 2008, clearing the path for the country to source nuclear power plants and technology from international markets.
- But with Japanese companies in possession of key elements such as safety components and the construction of domes of nuclear power plants, an accord with Japan was crucial for India.
- There was political resistance in Japan the only country to suffer atomic bombings during World War II against a nuclear deal with India, particularly after the disaster at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant in 2011.
- Japan is a major player in the nuclear energy market and an atomic deal with it will make it easier for US-based nuclear plant makers Westinghouse Electric Corporation and GE Energy Inc to set up atomic plants in India as both these conglomerates have Japanese investments.
- Other nations who have signed civil nuclear deal with India include the US, Russia, South Korea, Mangolia, France, Namibia, Argentina, Canada, Kazakhstan and Australia.
Union Cabinet has approved several amendments to the national power tariff policy with a view to promote renewable energy and improve the ease of doing business for developers in the ...READ MORE
ಯಾರು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು? ದೇಹದ ಯಾವುದಾದರೂ ಒಂದು ಅಥವಾ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಅಂಗ ಶೇ.40ಕ್ಕೂ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಪ್ರಮಾಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಊನವಾಗಿರುವ ದೈಹಿಕ ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರು, ದೃಷ್ಟಿದೋಷ, ಶ್ರವಣದೋಷ, ಬುದ್ಧಿಮಾಂದ್ಯರು, ಮಾನಸಿಕ ಅಸ್ವಸ್ಥರು ಇವರನ್ನು ಅಂಗವಿಕಲರೆಂದು ಪರಿಗಣಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆಗೆ ಲಕ್ಷ ರೂ.ವರೆಗೆ ವೈದ್ಯಕೀಯ ಪರಿಹಾರ ನಿಧಿ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅಂಗವೈಕಲ್ಯದ ...READ MORE
The third edition of the Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) will be celebrated at Daroji Karadi Dhama, near Hampi, on January 5, 6 and 7. The first two festivals were ...READ MORE
The State Assembly Secretariat reveals a stellar performance by just three MLAs, all from the Congress S. Rafeeq Ahmed of Tumakuru city, B.M. Nagaraja of Siraguppa, and Prasanna Kumar K.B. ...READ MORE
Second visit of PM Narendra Modi to USA commenced on 24 September 2015 after his stopover visit to Ireland. The primary agenda: To garner support for ‘Make in India’ ‘Skill India’ and ...READ MORE
The first unit of the Yeramarus Thermal Power Station (YTPS) has successfully completed the trial run by generating power continuously for 72 hours. The first generating unit of the newly set ...READ MORE
Citizens can apply online for regularisation of their properties under the Akrama-Sakrama scheme may have to wait at least a week as the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is yet to ...READ MORE
The country is witnessing a start-up revolution and to harness the potential of India’s innovators and entrepreneurs a vibrant financial ecosystem is essential. India’s is at number three in terms of Start-ups ...READ MORE
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
New Socio-Economic Survey report on caste categorisation to be out soon Social Welfare Minister H Anjaneya has announced that the socio-economic survey report being prepared by the Backward Classes Commission would prevail ...READ MORE
National Power Tariff Policy
ವಿಕಲಾಂಗರ ನೆರವಿಗೆ ಹಲವು ಯೋಜನೆ
Karnataka Hakki Habba (bird festival) in January
MLA absenteeism the norm at successive Assembly sessions
PM Narendra Modi Visit to US
Yermarus Thermal Power Station first unit fit for
Akrama-Sakrama online process to start after a week
Start ups ecosystem in India
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – KAS/KPSC EXAMS