- The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state.
- The state labour department has released the draft amendments to the Karnataka Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Rules of 1961 to this end.
- Sources said that the government has already drafted the new move and it will be placed in the Assembly after going through the legality of the amendment.
- The objections raised in the amendment will also be taken up in the assembly.
- Karnataka Labour Minister Santosh Lad said that the amendment will ensure job opportunities to the local people.
- He also said that the industry houses gets a lot of concession from the government, be it land cost, tax rebate etc and therefore they also need to encourage the local talent.
- Employers’ attitude needs to be changed. We will place it before the cabinet and I am hopeful that there will be no roadblock.”
- The department also provided 5% reservation for a disabled person who is also a Kannadiga. The IT-BT (information technology-biotechnology) vertical has been exempted as they are not covered under the Karnataka Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Rules of 1961 for a period of five years from 2014.
- If industries do not follow these new guidelines, the government will cancel all concessions given to them.
- The amendments will be implemented once the law department gives its approval the second time.
- The move is not just for manufacturing sector but also for IT and Biotech sector.
- An industry can hire an outsider if there is not Kannadiga available for the job.
- A Kannadiga according to the new draft is someone who is born in Karnataka or lived in the state for not less than 15 years and knows to read, write, speak and understand Kannada.
- Sources in the labour department said the government did not want to hamper the “bread and butter” of the state GDP with the reservation policy . “We did not want to invite a problem with the powerful IT-BT lobby at this point in time. Let’s first implement this reservation and then take on the IT-BT vertical later,” a department official said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi on 25th Oct The tribal carnival would showcase the capabilities of the tribal communities, in the national capital. The Prime ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet decided to abolish the Karnataka Goseva Ayog (Cow Conservation Commission) constituted by the previous BJP government in 2012. The panel was set up as part of the State ...READ MORE
ರೈತರ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪನ್ನಗಳನ್ನು ಪಟ್ಟಣದ ಮಾರುಕಟ್ಟೆಗೆ ಸುರಕ್ಷಿತವಾಗಿ ಸಾಗಿಸುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಮತ್ತು ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ಜನರಿಗೂ ಉತ್ತಮ ಸಂಪರ್ಕ ರಸ್ತೆ ಅನುಕೂಲ ಕಲ್ಪಿಸುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ರಸ್ತೆ ನಿರ್ಮಾಣಗೊಂಡ ನಂತರದ ಐದು ವರ್ಷಗಳವರೆಗೆ ಗುತ್ತಿಗೆದಾರರೇ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಮಾಡಬೇಕು, ಆರನೇ ವರ್ಷ ಮತ್ತೆ ಮರುಡಾಂಬರಿಕರಣಗೊಳಿಸಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಹಸ್ತಾಂತರಿಸುವುದು ಯೋಜನೆಯಲ್ಲಿರುವ ...READ MORE
The Centrally-appointed Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) has pulled up the State government for ‘converting’ a reserve forest to gomala land in Belagavi. The recommendations by the 7-member FAC, which comprises officials ...READ MORE
GPS to be used for next year's elephant census Global Positioning System (GPS) will be used for the first time to count and map elephants in the pachyderm census to be ...READ MORE
Govt eases process of issuing BPL cards The state government on 20th March decided to simplify the procedure for issuing below poverty line ration cards, with an eye on the Assembly ...READ MORE
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
National Tribal Carnival 2016
Karnataka Cabinet Okays Abolition of Goseva Ayog
‘ನಮ್ಮ ಗ್ರಾಮ ನಮ್ಮ ರಸ್ತೆ’
State seeks diversion of Bhutaramanahatti Reserve Forest land,
Elephant Census to be held in April-May 2017
Karnataka – Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams –
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015