- The railways have started installing point of sale (PoS) machines at as many as 73 reservation counters.
- The facility will also be made available at parcel counters, where payments can be made using debit and credit cards, this facility, however, is not available at unreserved counters.
- N S Shridhar Murthy, senior divisional commercial manager said, “Around 60% of the tickets are booked online. We normally earn Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4 lakh from freight charges and Rs 7 lakh to Rs 10 lakh from ticket fares daily.
- However, there has seen a drop of 10% in the revenue during the last one month. With digital adoption, we hope to increase patronage,” he added. Agarwal said the sale of monthly passes has gone up to 65,000, an increase of 10%
Upgrading Baiyappanahalli terminal
- On the proposal of upgrading Baiyappanahalli railway station as a third terminal, Agarwal said that the civil work for constructing three pit lines for the maintenance of trains and seven platforms has already started.
- On completion, around 16 train services could be started from here. This is expected to be ready in 2018.
- Besides, Agarwal said as many as 2.52 lakh cases were booked against ticket less travellers till November this year.
- With this, they have collected a revenue of Rs 12 crore. It was Rs 8 crore during the corresponding period last year
New MEMU train
- SWR has proposed to introduce three new Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) trains from Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna railway station (Bengaluru City) to Ramanagaram, Whitefield and Kuppam.
- They have got three rakes (a set of coaches) from the Indian Railways.
- In a month, there will be three MEMU train services from Bengaluru City to Ramanagaram, one train service to Whitefield and another to Kuppam in Andhra Pradesh, 130 km from Bengaluru City railway station.
- The train has been scheduled to depart from Bengaluru City railway station at 5.20 am and reach Ramanagaram at 6.14 am. It departs from Ramanagaram at 7 am and returns to Bengaluru City at 8.40 am. From here, it departs at 8.45 am for Whitefield, where it arrives at 9.40 am.
- On its return journey, it leaves Whitefield at 10.30 am and arrives at Bengaluru City railway station at 11.10 am. The same train leaves Bengaluru City at 11.40 am and arrives at Kuppam at 1.50 pm with a halt at Whitefield. The train then leaves Kuppam at 2.45 pm and reaches Bengaluru City at 5.15 pm with a halt at Whitefield.
- The MEMU leaves Bengaluru at 5.25 pm and reaches Ramanagaram at 6.30 pm. It leaves Ramanagaram for Bengaluru at 6.35 pm and reaches the city railway station at 7.50 pm. After a 10-minute halt, it returns to Ramanagaram at 9.10 pm. It leaves Ramanagaram at 9.55 and terminates at Bengaluru City railway station at 11.10 pm.
- SWR also has plans to convert 15 conventional (passenger) trains into MEMU trains. “We have sought financial support of Rs 360 crore from the state government. The funds will be used to convert passenger trains into MEMU trains, which increase passenger capacity from 1,000 to 2,500,” he said.
Shatabdi fare to Mysuru Rs 300
- Sanjeev Agarwal, divisional manager, SWR said that the fare on Chennai Central-Mysuru Shatabdi Express between Bengaluru City and Mysuru has been reduced from Rs 440 to Rs 300.
- Besides, there has been a reduction of 10% in the tatkal quota in Rajdhani, Duronto and Shatabdi trains. Also, railways has introduced 10% rebate in the basic fare on vacant berths after preparation of the first chart.
- The 10% discount shall also be applicable for allotment of vacant berths (when passengers don’t show up) in the train by TTEs.
Inflow in the Netravathi to the Thumbe vented dam, which supplies drinking water to the city, has dropped by 50% in a month. It might force the Mangaluru City Corporation to ...READ MORE
The state government is all set to introduce postgraduate and short-term courses in public health for non-medical staff working in various government hospitals across the state. The Department of Health and ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Bioleaching is the extraction of metals from their ores through the use of living organisms. ∗ It is the Conversion of insoluble metal sulfides into water-soluble metal sulfates. ∗ Nowadays bioleaching ...READ MORE
The Sundarbans is a natural region comprising southern Bangladesh and a small part in Eastern India. It covers approximately 10,000 square kilometres. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest ...READ MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016 The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has ...READ MORE
Air quality remained abysmal on Dec 1st , with four of the seven monitoring stations reporting the “severe” warning during the morning. The situation improved slightly by 7 p.m. due to ...READ MORE
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry A team of nearly 60 experts from ...READ MORE
Below poverty line and above poverty line families will not get their monthly ration under the public distribution system from April 1, if they fail to link Aadhaar number with ...READ MORE
Netravathi River: Inflow Drop at Thumbe Dam by
Karnataka Govt to introduce public health courses for
Genome Editing and its controversy
Cable TV digitisation
Poor AQI in Delhi
Mental health survey by NIMHANS
No PDS supplies if Aadhaar is not linked
ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ನಿವಾಸ ಯೋಜನೆ