- The term liquid biopsy refers to detecting bits of cancer DNA circulating in the blood
- They could be a simple way to sample tumor DNA in the blood to see if patients are responding to treatment, check for mutations or drug resistance, or see if cancer has returned.
- Liquid biopsies offer a non-invasive alternative to standard tissue biopsies and are expected to be a multibillion-dollar market.
- With a liquid biopsy, doctors could know immediately when a cancer starts changing and could adapt therapy to suit
- Today, we typically change therapy when the cancer progresses or grows – but we know the mutations occur much, much earlier
- Two new studies published recently of patients with breast and prostate cancers add to growing evidence
- Eventually, they could be used to screen healthy patients. But many more studies are needed first
- What is really missing at the moment is the hard evidence that using liquid biopsy and treating patients on that basis improves hard endpoints like how long the patient lives. The field really needs those studies to change practice
ATTEND FREE ORIENTATION CLASS (Bangalore School of civil services, Hebbal, Bangalore) Why should I take anthropology? Because Anthropology has the following advantage, Scoring subject Interesting subject Easy to grasp even for a non science student Short syllabus Repeating ...READ MORE
Q1. Write a comprehensive note on the river system in Karnataka. (300 words) Q2. What is the significance of Malnadu region of Karnataka. (150 words) Q3. Write a brief note on Drought ...READ MORE
62,381 more voters on Mysuru’s revised electoral list As many as 62,381 voters have been included in Mysuru district in the special summary revision of voters held till February 28. D. Randeep, ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
A financing agreement for IDA credit of US$ 48 million (equivalent) for the ‘Nagaland Health Project’ was signed with the World Bank. The Financing Agreement was signed by Mr. Raj Kumar, ...READ MORE
Antibiotic resistance simply put is when infection-causing bacteria is not killed by an antibiotic that was effective earlier, the bacteria continue to thrive. Treatment options shrink further when multiple antibiotics fail ...READ MORE
The government has declared the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) a terrorist organisation under the stringent provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 It is the 39th outfit to enter ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
2003ರಿಂದ ಜಾರಿಯಲ್ಲಿರುವ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆ ಫಲಾನುಭವಿಗೆ ನಗದುರಹಿತ ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆ ಒದಗಿಸುತ್ತದೆ ಯಶಸ್ವಿನಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುವುದು ಹೇಗೆ ? ಯಶಸ್ವಿನಿ ಫಲಾನುಭವಿಗಳು ಶಸ್ತ್ರಚಿಕಿತ್ಸೆ ಅಗತ್ಯವಾದಲ್ಲಿ ತಮ್ಮ ಯೂನಿಕ್ ಐ.ಡಿ. ಸಂಖ್ಯೆ ಹೊಂದಿರುವ ಸದಸ್ಯರ ಉಪಯೋಗಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ನೀಡಲಾದ ಮೂಲ ಗುರುತಿನ ಕಾರ್ಡ್ ಮತ್ತು ಮೂಲ ಹಣ ಪಾವತಿ ರಸೀದಿಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ಯೋಜನೆಯಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ...READ MORE
ANTHROPOLOGY BEST OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR MAINS…..
Day 1: Karnataka Geography 1
Republic Day Special: Free Current Affairs Classes
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
India Signs Financing Agreement with World Bank for
Centre declares NSCN(K) terrorist organisation
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)