- The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry
- A team of nearly 60 experts from is busy monitoring the data collection in 12 States. The survey is on in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Manipur, Jharkand and West Bengal
- To estimate the prevalence, patterns and burden of mental, neurological and substance use disorders in a representative population of the country,
- identify treatment gaps and service utilisation patterns, and
- assess the current mental health resources
- A pilot survey was conducted in the public health observatory in Kolar. The findings of the pilot study that covered 3,000 people would be released in February.
- The pilot study helped NIMHANS to finalise the methodology for the final study. It covers not only the prevalence, patterns and burden of mental health but will also look at how to plan and utilise the available services and create the pathway for care
- The survey would help the government plan interventions in the mental health care sector.
- It will help not only in stepping up awareness on mental health, but also in creating facilities to treat people with mental health problems
- The country’s mental health barometer, including services and facilities to treat and address the relative incidence of diseases, should be in place by April 2016.
- The survey has adopted a standard methodology used for psychiatric epidemiological surveys — randomised cluster sampling technique using ‘Probability Proportional to Size’ (PPS) methodology. Data is being collected using electronic handheld devices.
- Several questionnaires (including socio-demographic proforma, a structured diagnostic interview schedule MINI, WHO-approved questionnaire on epilepsy, Intellectual Disability Screener, etc.,) are being used to collect the information on mental health problems.
- Health care seeking, socio-economic and disability-related questions are involved in the survey
- To map the services and systems for mental health care in the individual States, the survey teams are using a separate questionnaire developed and based on WHO Mental Health Atlas and WHO AIMS adapted to Indian systems.
- Apart from imparting a two-month rigorous training for personnel deployed for the survey, team members from NIMHANS regularly review the progress using multiple methods, including online discussions and also make monthly visits to the States where the survey is on.
The North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme (NKUSIP) is the third Asian Development Bank assisted urban development project in Karnataka. The expected impact of the Investment Program is improved urban infrastructure ...READ MORE
The Supreme Court expressed alarm at the apparent lack of concern shown by the government’s delay in filing a response to a PIL petition against the practice of dedicating girls ...READ MORE
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
Drinking water supply schemes under Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission have been formulated in rural areas with surface water as source to tackle water quality problem. Habitations affected by chemical ...READ MORE
About World Radio Day World Radio Day is observed on February 13 to celebrate radio as a medium to promote and access information. After originally proposed by the Kingdom of Spain, UNESCO ...READ MORE
As per Agriculture Census 2010-11, Total number of operational holdings were estimated as 138.35 million. The total operated area was 159.59 million hectare. The average size of the holding has been estimated as ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Waste-to-energy (WtE) or energy-from-waste (EfW) is the process of creating energy in the form of electricity orheat from the incineration of waste source. WtE is a form of energy ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್) ನಮ್ಮ ದೇಹದ ವಿವಿಧ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಗೆ ಅತ್ಯವಶ್ಯಕವಾಗಿ ಬೇಕಾದ ಅಂಶಗಳು. ನಾವು ಸೇವಿಸುವ ಆಹಾರದಲ್ಲಿನ ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳು ಪಚನವಾಗಿ ರಕ್ತದಲ್ಲಿ ಹೀರುವಂತಾಗಲು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಂಶದ ಅಗತ್ಯಕ್ಕೆ ಅನುಗುಣವಾಗಿ ಅವುಗಳನ್ನು ಜಿಡ್ಡಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಕರಗುವ (Water Soluble) ಜೀವಸತ್ವಗಳೆಂದು ವಿಂಗಡಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಜೀವಸತ್ವ ಎ.ಡಿ.ಇ.ಕೆ.ಗಳನ್ನು (ವಿಟಮಿನ್ ...READ MORE
Urban Development: North Karnataka Urban Sector Investment Programme
Devadasis practice in Karnataka
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ
Rural Development-Multi Village Scheme Project & Swachha Bharat
World Radio Day 2017 – ‘Radio is You’!
Highlights of Agriculture Census 2010-11
WASTE TO ENERGY
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
Karanth’s house being restored