- The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is leading the National Mental Health Survey (NMHS) with support from the Union Health Ministry
- A team of nearly 60 experts from is busy monitoring the data collection in 12 States. The survey is on in Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Manipur, Jharkand and West Bengal
- To estimate the prevalence, patterns and burden of mental, neurological and substance use disorders in a representative population of the country,
- identify treatment gaps and service utilisation patterns, and
- assess the current mental health resources
- A pilot survey was conducted in the public health observatory in Kolar. The findings of the pilot study that covered 3,000 people would be released in February.
- The pilot study helped NIMHANS to finalise the methodology for the final study. It covers not only the prevalence, patterns and burden of mental health but will also look at how to plan and utilise the available services and create the pathway for care
- The survey would help the government plan interventions in the mental health care sector.
- It will help not only in stepping up awareness on mental health, but also in creating facilities to treat people with mental health problems
- The country’s mental health barometer, including services and facilities to treat and address the relative incidence of diseases, should be in place by April 2016.
- The survey has adopted a standard methodology used for psychiatric epidemiological surveys — randomised cluster sampling technique using ‘Probability Proportional to Size’ (PPS) methodology. Data is being collected using electronic handheld devices.
- Several questionnaires (including socio-demographic proforma, a structured diagnostic interview schedule MINI, WHO-approved questionnaire on epilepsy, Intellectual Disability Screener, etc.,) are being used to collect the information on mental health problems.
- Health care seeking, socio-economic and disability-related questions are involved in the survey
- To map the services and systems for mental health care in the individual States, the survey teams are using a separate questionnaire developed and based on WHO Mental Health Atlas and WHO AIMS adapted to Indian systems.
- Apart from imparting a two-month rigorous training for personnel deployed for the survey, team members from NIMHANS regularly review the progress using multiple methods, including online discussions and also make monthly visits to the States where the survey is on.
Community health officers to help mitigate problem of doctors shortage Mysuru Medical College and Research Institute (MMCRI) is one among the two medical institutions in the State selected by the Ministry ...READ MORE
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
ಪೌರತ್ವ ಪಡೆದ ವಿಶ್ವದ ಮೊದಲ ರೋಬೊ ಮನದಾಳ ಪೌರತ್ವ ಪಡೆದಿರುವ ವಿಶ್ವದ ಮೊದಲ ರೋಬೊ ಸೋಫಿಯಾಗೆ ನಟ ಶಾರುಕ್ ಖಾನ್ ಎಂದರೆ ಬಹಳ ಇಷ್ಟವಂತೆ. ಇಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆಯುತ್ತಿರುವ ವಿಶ್ವ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ತಂತ್ರಜ್ಞಾನ ಸಮ್ಮೇಳನದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆದ ಸಂವಾದದ ವೇಳೆ ತಾನು ಶಾರುಕ್ನ ಬಹು ದೊಡ್ಡ ಅಭಿಮಾನಿ ...READ MORE
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಕೃಷಿ ಸಚಿವಾಲಯವು ಇತ್ತೀಚೆಗೆ ತನ್ನ ‘ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮದಡಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲಿ ಕೀಟನಾಶಕಗಳ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ವಿತರಕರು ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರಾಟಗಾರರಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸಲು ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಿಸುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಭಾರತೀಯ ವಾಣಿಜ್ಯೋದ್ಯಮ ಸಂಘಟನೆಗಳ ಮಹಾ ಒಕ್ಕೂಟ (ಫಿಕ್ಕಿ) ನಡೆಸಿದ ಅಧ್ಯಯನದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ, ದೇಶಿ ಕೃಷಿ ರಂಗದಲ್ಲಿ ₹ 25 ಸಾವಿರ ...READ MORE
Kambala season to begin on 11th Nov Kambala, the traditional buffalo slush track race, is set to begin in the coastal belt from November 11, with the Supreme Court refusing to pass ...READ MORE
SC orders Karnataka to decide Shakadri's plea in 6 weeks The Supreme Court on 27th March directed the Karnataka government to decide within six weeks several representations made by the religious head ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
1st ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)
ಆಹಾರ ಸುರಕ್ಷತಾ’ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
Karnataka State Update – KAS / KPSC Exams