- The Central Government notified ‘Mid Day Meal Rules, 2015’ on September 30th, 2015.
- The National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA, 2013) contains provisions related to welfare schemes including Mid Day Meal Scheme. In accordance with the provisions of the Act, the Ministry of HRD has finalized the MDM Rules after consultation with the States and other related Central Ministries.
The salient provisions of the rules are as under:
- Entitlements of children: Every child within the age group of six to fourteen years studying in classes I to VIII who enroll and attend the school, shall be provided hot cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary free of charge every day except on school holidays. The place of serving meals to the children shall be school only.
- Implementation of the Scheme: Every school shall have the facility for cooking meal in hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens for cooking meals wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Central Government and the meal shall be served to children at respective school only.
- Responsibility of School Management Committee: The School Management Committee mandated under Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 shall also monitor implementation of the Mid-day meal Scheme and shall oversee quality of meals provided to the children, cleanliness of the place of cooking and maintenance of hygiene in implementation of mid day meal scheme.
- Utilization of School Funds: The Headmaster or Headmistress of the school shall be empowered to utilise any fund available in school for the purpose of continuation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in the school in case of temporary unavailability of food grains, cooking cost etc. in the school. The utilised fund shall be reimbursed to the school account immediately after receipt of mid day meal funds.
- Testing of the meals by Accredited Labs to ensure nutritional standards: Hot cooked meal provided to children shall be evaluated and certified by the Government Food Research Laboratory or any laboratory accredited or recognized by law, so as to ensure that the meal meets with the nutritional standards and quality.
- The Food and Drugs Administration Department of the State may collect samples to ensure the nutritive value and quality of the meals. The samples shall be collected at least once in a month from randomly selected schools or centralised kitchens and sent for examination to the accredited laboratories.
- Food Security Allowance. – If the Mid-Day Meal is not provided in school on any school day due to non-availability of food grains, cooking cost, fuel or absence of cook-cum-helper or any other reason, the State Government shall pay food security allowance by 15th of the succeeding month in the manner provided herein below:-
a. Quantity of Food grains as per entitlement of the child; and
b. Cooking cost prevailing in the State.
- The State Government shall take action to fix responsibility on the person or agency in accordance with the procedure laid down, if mid day meal is not provided in school on school days continuously for three days or at least for five days in a month.
Please Note: Registration is must for attending the workshop. You will be contacted by our team and informed about the date and timing of the workshop Only those who have cleared the KPSC ...READ MORE
ATTEND FREE ORIENTATION CLASS (Bangalore School of civil services, Hebbal, Bangalore) Why should I take anthropology? Because Anthropology has the following advantage, Scoring subject Interesting subject Easy to grasp even for a non science student Short syllabus Repeating ...READ MORE
What is apprenticeship? An apprenticeship is a system of training a new generation of practitioners of a trade or profession with on-the-job training and often some accompanying study (classroom work and ...READ MORE
1. Horticultural area and productivity proposed to be increased. 2. Establishment of Centre of Excellence, strengthening FPOs by providing working capital and risk management support. 3. Implementation of new scheme to encourage ...READ MORE
The "Start up India Stand up India" initiative was announced by the PrimeMinister in his address to the nation on 15th August, 2015. The Stand up India component is anchored ...READ MORE
Karnataka MobileOne, the flagship application launched by the State government in 2014, bagged the Gold award at the World Governance Summit in Dubai Secretary, Department of e-Governance, Srivatsa Krishna, received the ...READ MORE
What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme How - Who is eligible - Who is not eligible Issue What is the scheme - Income declaration scheme A limited-period Compliance Window to declare undisclosed income or ...READ MORE
For the first time in its history, the India Meteorological Department — best known for its monsoon forecasts — will issue a summer forecast for April, May and June Those involved ...READ MORE
The first step has been taken towards removal of Karnataka Lokayukta Y. Bhaskar Rao by the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (Secular). They submitted separate petitions to Legislative Assembly ...READ MORE
ANTHROPOLOGY BEST OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR MAINS…..
National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
Horticulture In Karnataka Budget
Stand Up India Scheme approved
Karnataka MobileOne bags award
New scheme to tackle black money menace- Income
In a first, IMD to bring out summer
FREE SUNDAY CURRENT AFFAIRS CLASS