- The Central Government notified ‘Mid Day Meal Rules, 2015’ on September 30th, 2015.
- The National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA, 2013) contains provisions related to welfare schemes including Mid Day Meal Scheme. In accordance with the provisions of the Act, the Ministry of HRD has finalized the MDM Rules after consultation with the States and other related Central Ministries.
The salient provisions of the rules are as under:
- Entitlements of children: Every child within the age group of six to fourteen years studying in classes I to VIII who enroll and attend the school, shall be provided hot cooked meal having nutritional standards of 450 calories and 12 gm of protein for primary and 700 calories and 20 gm protein for upper primary free of charge every day except on school holidays. The place of serving meals to the children shall be school only.
- Implementation of the Scheme: Every school shall have the facility for cooking meal in hygienic manner. Schools in urban area may use the facility of centralised kitchens for cooking meals wherever required in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Central Government and the meal shall be served to children at respective school only.
- Responsibility of School Management Committee: The School Management Committee mandated under Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 shall also monitor implementation of the Mid-day meal Scheme and shall oversee quality of meals provided to the children, cleanliness of the place of cooking and maintenance of hygiene in implementation of mid day meal scheme.
- Utilization of School Funds: The Headmaster or Headmistress of the school shall be empowered to utilise any fund available in school for the purpose of continuation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in the school in case of temporary unavailability of food grains, cooking cost etc. in the school. The utilised fund shall be reimbursed to the school account immediately after receipt of mid day meal funds.
- Testing of the meals by Accredited Labs to ensure nutritional standards: Hot cooked meal provided to children shall be evaluated and certified by the Government Food Research Laboratory or any laboratory accredited or recognized by law, so as to ensure that the meal meets with the nutritional standards and quality.
- The Food and Drugs Administration Department of the State may collect samples to ensure the nutritive value and quality of the meals. The samples shall be collected at least once in a month from randomly selected schools or centralised kitchens and sent for examination to the accredited laboratories.
- Food Security Allowance. – If the Mid-Day Meal is not provided in school on any school day due to non-availability of food grains, cooking cost, fuel or absence of cook-cum-helper or any other reason, the State Government shall pay food security allowance by 15th of the succeeding month in the manner provided herein below:-
a. Quantity of Food grains as per entitlement of the child; and
b. Cooking cost prevailing in the State.
- The State Government shall take action to fix responsibility on the person or agency in accordance with the procedure laid down, if mid day meal is not provided in school on school days continuously for three days or at least for five days in a month.
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report is titled “Biodegradable Plastics and Marine Litter: Misconceptions, Concerns and Impacts on Marine Environments” Toys, athletic goods, and household goods sectors used the largest amount ...READ MORE
"ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ ಬೇಟಿ ಪಡಾವೋ' ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಅಂಗವಾಗಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರವು "ಸುಕನ್ಯಾ ಸಮೃದ್ಧಿ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು 2 ಡಿಸೆಂಬರ್ 2014ರಂದು ಬಿಡುಗಡೆ ಮಾಡಿದೆ. ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಹೆಣ್ಣು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಭವಿಷ್ಯಕ್ಕಾಗಿ 'ಸುಕನ್ಯಾ ಸಮೃದ್ಧಿ' ಹೆಸರಿನ ಉಳಿತಾಯ ಖಾತೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದೆ. ಹೆಣ್ಣು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಸ್ವಾವಲಂಬನೆಗಾಗಿ ...READ MORE
Dear aspirants, NammaKPSC Is pleased to release the 2nd edition of Mahithi monthly Kannada. This has been our dream and the demand of thousands of aspirants across Karnataka. This is like ...READ MORE
The Cabinet approved the National Mineral Exploration Policy setting the stage for auctioning exploration permits to private sector players on a revenue-sharing basis starting with 100 identified mineral blocks over ...READ MORE
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
Amazon India, Flipkart and their rivals could soon face tax complications with Karnataka proposing a 1 per cent levy on payments by buyers to sellers on ecommerce sites, a move ...READ MORE
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
ಮಳೆಯಾಶ್ರಿತ ಪ್ರದೇಶದ ರೈತರ ಜೀವನೋಪಾಯ ಉತ್ತಮಪಡಿಸಲು 'ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ' ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಜಾರಿಗೆ ತಂದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಸ್ವಾಭಾವಿಕ ಸಂಪನ್ಮೂಲ ಮಣ್ಣು ಮತ್ತು ನೀರಿನ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣೆಯೊಂದಿಗೆ ಕೃಷಿ ಉತ್ಪಾದಕತೆ ಮತ್ತು ರೈತರು ಹಾಗೂ ಕೃಷಿ ಕಾರ್ಮಿಕರ ಆದಾಯ ಮಟ್ಟ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿಸುವುದು ಕೃಷಿ ಭಾಗ್ಯ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಉದ್ದೇಶವಾಗಿದೆ. ಮೊದಲ ...READ MORE
ರತ್ನಖಚಿತ ಸಿಂಹಾಸನ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ?ಪಾರಂಪರಿಕ ನಗರಿ ಮೈಸೂರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ನಾಡಹಬ್ಬ ದಸರೆಯ ಸಂಭ್ರಮ ಕಳೆಗಟ್ಟಲಾರಂಭಿಸಿದ್ದು, ಅರಮನೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಧಾರ್ವಿುಕ ವಿಧಾನಗಳಂತೆ ಸಾವಿರಾರು ವರ್ಷಗಳ ಇತಿಹಾಸವಿರುವ ರತ್ನಖಚಿತ ಸಿಂಹಾಸನದ ಜೋಡಣೆ ಕಾರ್ಯವೂ ನೆರವೇರಿದೆ. ರಾಜವಂಶಸ್ಥ ಯದುವೀರ ಕೃಷ್ಣದತ್ತ ಚಾಮರಾಜ ಒಡೆಯರ್ ಈ ಸಿಂಹಾಸನದಲ್ಲಿ ವಿರಾಜಮಾನರಾಗಿ ಖಾಸಗಿ ದರ್ಬಾರ್ ...READ MORE
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on plastics
ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನಗಳ ಮಾಸ ಪತ್ರಿಕೆ- ಜನವರಿ ತಿಂಗಳು 2017
New National Mineral Exploration Policy
Ganga water for medicinal properties
New tax tangle for e-commerce firms: Karnataka proposes
Sunday Manthan Session 3
“5th ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018ರ ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನಗಳು “