- National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), Authority for Advanced Ruling (AAR), various High Courts and the Supreme Court.
- According to official records the database has over 1.5 lakh orders and judgements and data of over 5 lakh appeals (pending and disposed) of ITAT, HCs and the Supreme Court was hosted for use till now. The database is being continuously enhanced and more and more records are being uploaded every day
- The facility will also be made fully accessible for taxpayers in the near future so that they can check the status of their appeals on this portal.
I-T dept launches PAN-based litigation management system
- As a part of National Judicial Reference System the I-T dept has activated a PAN-based online system which enables the taxman to access cases in their jurisdiction on a click.
- A new link has been activated in the NJRS which enables the Assessing Officer (AO) and his superiors to view appeals pertaining to their jurisdiction based on the Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- The new measure will drastically cut down time in appeal and litigation management in the department
- The tax department is on a spree to ensure more and more number of people and taxpayers in the country use the PAN card. It has recently launched business application software which uses PAN to track all the transactions and financial records of an individual and entity across the country.
Water Programme (NRDWP): In order to meet adequate and safe drinking water supply requirements in rural areas, particularly in areas where coverage is less than 55 lpcd and in those ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
Antibiotic resistance simply put is when infection-causing bacteria is not killed by an antibiotic that was effective earlier, the bacteria continue to thrive. Treatment options shrink further when multiple antibiotics fail ...READ MORE
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
The number of women in the State police force is not enough to deal with crimes against women, who constitute about 50% of the total population, the Karnataka High Court ...READ MORE
National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point. National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
Rural Development-National Rural Drinking & Desert Development Programme
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
Insufficient women in police force – High Court
National Urban Information System
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
Steel Sector in India