- National Judicial Reference System (NJRS) is an electronic repository of cases under the direct taxes category or income tax pending in legal forums like the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT), Authority for Advanced Ruling (AAR), various High Courts and the Supreme Court.
- According to official records the database has over 1.5 lakh orders and judgements and data of over 5 lakh appeals (pending and disposed) of ITAT, HCs and the Supreme Court was hosted for use till now. The database is being continuously enhanced and more and more records are being uploaded every day
- The facility will also be made fully accessible for taxpayers in the near future so that they can check the status of their appeals on this portal.
I-T dept launches PAN-based litigation management system
- As a part of National Judicial Reference System the I-T dept has activated a PAN-based online system which enables the taxman to access cases in their jurisdiction on a click.
- A new link has been activated in the NJRS which enables the Assessing Officer (AO) and his superiors to view appeals pertaining to their jurisdiction based on the Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- The new measure will drastically cut down time in appeal and litigation management in the department
- The tax department is on a spree to ensure more and more number of people and taxpayers in the country use the PAN card. It has recently launched business application software which uses PAN to track all the transactions and financial records of an individual and entity across the country.
BBMP: 40 Indira Canteens ready so far Inching towards its August 15 deadline, the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is leaving no stone unturned in meeting its target of setting up ...READ MORE
Database soon of medicinal plants, traditional healthcare The State could soon have a modern database of local medicinal plants and knowledge pertaining to traditional healthcare practices created using Geographical Information System ...READ MORE
Forest dept to take up seed ball dispersal in big afforestation drive The Forest department has decided to rope in citizens in a big way in afforestation to take up seed ...READ MORE
M S Swaminathan bags 'Basava Krishi' award Noted agriculture scientist M S Swaminathan has been selected for the 'Basava Krishi' award given away by the Panchamasali Peetha of Kudalasangama. The award comprises ...READ MORE
Here is the link for the PDF format: schedule-for-the-year-2017READ MORE
Minimum basic for state govt staff may be fixed at Rs 16,350 The sixth pay commission constituted by the state government said on Saturday it is yet to finalise its report, ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura civic body will set them up at an estimated cost of Rs. 70 lakh To deal with the rising garbage issue in Vijayapura city and to reduce the transportation ...READ MORE
The state government is all set to introduce postgraduate and short-term courses in public health for non-medical staff working in various government hospitals across the state. The Department of Health and ...READ MORE
The Union Budget 2017 was broadly focused on 10 broad themes farmers, rural population, youth, poor and health care for the underprivileged; infrastructure; financial sector for stronger institutions; speedy accountability; ...READ MORE
The Centre is planning to revive a cluster of gold mines at Kolar Gold Fields shut for 15 years but with an estimated $2.1 billion worth of deposits left as ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams
Database soon of medicinal plants and traditional healthcare
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 8th
KPSC/KAS EXAMINATION SCHEDULE – 2017 (TENTATIVE)
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 16th –
Karnataka: Five waste segregation units to be set
Karnataka Govt to introduce public health courses for
Explained: Union Budget 2017-18
Govt to consider reviving KGF that has $2