- National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial thematic database (comprising of 12 layers) for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale and carried out Aerial survey of 132 towns at 1:2,000 scale for Survey of India.
- Within one year after the completion of geospatial thematic database, NRSC has hosted the database on Bhuvan Geoportal and developed Bhuvan-NUIS application for enabling formulation of Master Plans by state town planning departments.
- The thematic mapping under NUIS was envisaged as a onetime exercise. NRSC has submitted the geospatial thematic database for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale to Ministry of Urban Development for further use.
- The concerned state town planning departments have been authorised to use Bhuvan-NUIS database for master plan formulation. However, the entire database is also made available in the public domain on Bhuvan Geoportal for visualisation.
- Under its Disaster Management Programme, ISRO has provided the flood inundation maps using satellite data extensively during the recent floods of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for creation of buffer stock of pulses. Background: Although India is the highest producer of pulses in the world, its ...READ MORE
The International Tax Wing of the Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, on 8th March launched two online services aimed to help non-resident taxpayers. The services include issuance of TDS certificates for non-resident ...READ MORE
To strengthen Karnataka and Bengaluru as organic hubs for both farmers and marketers, the state government will hold a first-of-its kind ‘National Trade Fair - Organics and Millets-2017’ from April ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
The Union Budget 2017 was broadly focused on 10 broad themes farmers, rural population, youth, poor and health care for the underprivileged; infrastructure; financial sector for stronger institutions; speedy accountability; ...READ MORE
Bengaluru to get 7 Bescom model sub-divisions by 2018 A reliable power supply with almost no fluctuation or interruption in supply, an upgrade to smart meters, better customer service, and increased ...READ MORE
FICCI, ISRO set to host global space industry meet The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) are hosting an international ...READ MORE
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country conferred in three categories Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. This year, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved conferment of ...READ MORE
Long term measures to increase production of pulses
New online system launched for Non-Resident Taxpayers
Karnataka: 3-day national organic, millet fair in B’luru
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
Explained: Union Budget 2017-18
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams
Ganga water for medicinal properties
Padma Awards: Seven Padma awardees from Karnataka –
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning