- National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial thematic database (comprising of 12 layers) for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale and carried out Aerial survey of 132 towns at 1:2,000 scale for Survey of India.
- Within one year after the completion of geospatial thematic database, NRSC has hosted the database on Bhuvan Geoportal and developed Bhuvan-NUIS application for enabling formulation of Master Plans by state town planning departments.
- The thematic mapping under NUIS was envisaged as a onetime exercise. NRSC has submitted the geospatial thematic database for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale to Ministry of Urban Development for further use.
- The concerned state town planning departments have been authorised to use Bhuvan-NUIS database for master plan formulation. However, the entire database is also made available in the public domain on Bhuvan Geoportal for visualisation.
- Under its Disaster Management Programme, ISRO has provided the flood inundation maps using satellite data extensively during the recent floods of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
It is a scheme by Government of Karnataka to harness Solar Energy for the benefit of the Farmer. This scheme will ensure solar panels are placed to generate electricity for running irrigation ...READ MORE
The Vijayapura civic body will set them up at an estimated cost of Rs. 70 lakh To deal with the rising garbage issue in Vijayapura city and to reduce the transportation ...READ MORE
Restoration of the 80-year-old house in which Jnanpith Award winner K. Shivaram Karanth spent most of his life has begun at Balavana in Puttur, 90 km from Mangaluru. The work is ...READ MORE
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
Ministry aims to have a new auction policy for hydrocarbon blocks ready by the end of the current financial year. Marginal field policy In the recently announced marginal field policy, the government ...READ MORE
INS Khanderi, second of the Scorpene class submarine, was launched in Mumbai on Thursday. The submarine, which was launched at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), will undergo trials before being inducted ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Govt deposits input subsidy into drought-hit farmers' accounts The government on 14th March took measures to deposit Rs 671 crore to bank accounts of 9.68 lakh drought-hit farmers as input subsidy ...READ MORE
Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board is an autonomous body formed by the State legislature under Bengaluru Water supply and Sewerage Board Act on 10-09-1964 for Water Supply & Sewage ...READ MORE
Why in News: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Vientiane, Laos on Wednesday to attend two important meetings – the 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia forum. Here is what you ...READ MORE
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ
Karnataka Government Programme for KPSC exam: Surya Raitha
Karnataka: Five waste segregation units to be set
Karanth’s house being restored
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
New auction policy for natural gas
India’s Second Scorpene Submarine “Khanderi” Launched
Karnataka: Today’s Current Affairs – 15th March 2017
Karnataka Economy: Bengaluru Water Supply and Sewerage Board
The 14th Indo-Asean summit and the East Asia