- National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial thematic database (comprising of 12 layers) for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale and carried out Aerial survey of 132 towns at 1:2,000 scale for Survey of India.
- Within one year after the completion of geospatial thematic database, NRSC has hosted the database on Bhuvan Geoportal and developed Bhuvan-NUIS application for enabling formulation of Master Plans by state town planning departments.
- The thematic mapping under NUIS was envisaged as a onetime exercise. NRSC has submitted the geospatial thematic database for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale to Ministry of Urban Development for further use.
- The concerned state town planning departments have been authorised to use Bhuvan-NUIS database for master plan formulation. However, the entire database is also made available in the public domain on Bhuvan Geoportal for visualisation.
- Under its Disaster Management Programme, ISRO has provided the flood inundation maps using satellite data extensively during the recent floods of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
The Indian Railways will join hands with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to get online satellite imagery for improving safety and enhancing efficiency. a massive exercise of GIS [Geographical Information ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
Indira Awas Yojana This Centrally Sponsored Scheme was introduced during 1989-90 for rural homeless people who are below the poverty line. 60% of the target is earmarked for SCs/STs, 15% for minorities and ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
What is Kambala? Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming ...READ MORE
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
World Trade Organisation - Nairobi meeting from December 15 to 18. India is likely to ratify the World Trade Organisation’s (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), aimed at easing customs rules to expedite ...READ MORE
The State Cabinet gave its nod for incorporating several changes in the panchayat raj legislation Amendments are based on the recommendations made by a committee headed by former speaker K R Ramesh Kumar. The ...READ MORE
The Make in India – Karnataka conference concluded in Bengaluru on Tuesday. Aimed at re-energising the industry and boosting the manufacturing sector, the conference saw the participation of more than 5,000 ...READ MORE
ISRO to help put railway safety back on
Rural Development – Housing – Indira Awas Yojana
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
After Jallakattu, Karnataka wakes up for “Kambala”
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
Trade Facilitation Agreement
Gram Swaraj Panchayat Raj bill, 2015
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes
Act East Policy