- National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial thematic database (comprising of 12 layers) for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale and carried out Aerial survey of 132 towns at 1:2,000 scale for Survey of India.
- Within one year after the completion of geospatial thematic database, NRSC has hosted the database on Bhuvan Geoportal and developed Bhuvan-NUIS application for enabling formulation of Master Plans by state town planning departments.
- The thematic mapping under NUIS was envisaged as a onetime exercise. NRSC has submitted the geospatial thematic database for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale to Ministry of Urban Development for further use.
- The concerned state town planning departments have been authorised to use Bhuvan-NUIS database for master plan formulation. However, the entire database is also made available in the public domain on Bhuvan Geoportal for visualisation.
- Under its Disaster Management Programme, ISRO has provided the flood inundation maps using satellite data extensively during the recent floods of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
Fire in Kalkere Range Thousands of acres of forest cover burnt down in forest fire in Bandipur tiger reserve on Saturday and a forest guard succumbed to burn injuries while preventing the flames ...READ MORE
Padma Awards are the highest civilian Awards of the country conferred in three categories Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. This year, President of India Pranab Mukherjee approved conferment of ...READ MORE
Aditya, India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the sun is likely to get a go-ahead from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Its is a joint venture between ISRO and physicists ...READ MORE
"A King Cobra has been run over by a vehicle on Castle Rock Main Road passing through the Castle Rock Wildlife Range of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve." Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve is the fourth ...READ MORE
2% DA hike for government staff The State government has increased dearness allowances of its employees from 43.25% to 45.25% of the basic pay with effect from July 2017. The hike would ...READ MORE
Four new plant-eating insects that may turn out to be a potential threat to agriculture in several states have been found in Karnataka. These pests, reported for the first time in ...READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
The Aadhaar enrolment in Karnataka reached a milestone on 15th Feb as it crossed the six-crore mark, after over six-and-a-half years after the exercise began. The registration in the State now ...READ MORE
Legislative Council elections in the state Polling in the elections to the 25 seats of the Legislative Council from the Local Authorities constituencies , to be held on Sunday, will decide the fate ...READ MORE
Everything you need to know about Bandipur Forest
Padma Awards: Seven Padma awardees from Karnataka –
India’s solar mission – Aditya
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Four new farm pests found in Karnataka
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
Karnataka: Aadhaar enrolment crosses six-crore mark
Karnataka Legislative Council- A brief history
Genome Editing and its controversy