- National Urban Information System (NUIS) is the project of Ministry of Urban Development with Survey of India as the focal point.
- National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO has prepared geospatial thematic database (comprising of 12 layers) for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale and carried out Aerial survey of 132 towns at 1:2,000 scale for Survey of India.
- Within one year after the completion of geospatial thematic database, NRSC has hosted the database on Bhuvan Geoportal and developed Bhuvan-NUIS application for enabling formulation of Master Plans by state town planning departments.
- The thematic mapping under NUIS was envisaged as a onetime exercise. NRSC has submitted the geospatial thematic database for 152 towns on 1:10,000 scale to Ministry of Urban Development for further use.
- The concerned state town planning departments have been authorised to use Bhuvan-NUIS database for master plan formulation. However, the entire database is also made available in the public domain on Bhuvan Geoportal for visualisation.
- Under its Disaster Management Programme, ISRO has provided the flood inundation maps using satellite data extensively during the recent floods of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
What Is Rare Earth Element [REE] Rare earth metals are a set of seventeen chemical elements in the periodic table, specifically the fifteen lanthanides plus scandium and yttrium Why They Are Called ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
Aditya, India’s first dedicated scientific mission to study the sun is likely to get a go-ahead from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) Its is a joint venture between ISRO and physicists ...READ MORE
The famed Mysore Dasara also called the Nadahabba (state-festival) of the state is scheduled to be held from October 1 to 11, this year and here is what you should know. Poet Kanavi to ...READ MORE
Gross Domestic Product was 7.6 per cent in the second quarter of the last fiscal. The Indian economy grew at 7.3 per cent in the September quarter of current fiscal, up ...READ MORE
Anthropocene era set in The results, found in a new research. are published in the journal Earth’s Future in London The impact that human beings have made on the Earth in terms of production ...READ MORE
In an attempt to overcome severe power shortage faced by the state and to save power, Chief minister launched an ambitious programme of the Energy department called 'Hosa Belaku - ...READ MORE
4th State Finance Commission’s tour of State Why in News: The three-member Fourth State Finance Commission (SFC), headed by C.G. Chinnaswamy, has begun consulting with experts and urban and rural local ...READ MORE
NASA has started a new programme for detecting and tracking near-Earth objects (NEOs) — comets and asteroids that pass by the Earth’s orbit — to ward off any potential impact ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
Rare Earth Element [REE]
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
India’s solar mission – Aditya
Mysore Dasara: An insight into the Nadahabba
GDP grows at 7.3% in September quarter
Karnataka 4th Finance Commission: NammaKPSC classroom session for
New NASA programme to protect Earth from asteroids,
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC