Programmes to control Non communicable diseases
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)–
- which is implemented for interventions up to District level
- under the National Health Mission.
NPCDCS has a focus on
- awareness generation for behavior and life-style changes,
- screening and early diagnosis of persons with high level of risk factors and
- their treatment and referral (if required) to higher facilities for appropriate management for Non-communicable Diseases including Diabetes.
Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
- Under National Health Mission govt
- in order to improve the overall quality of life of children and provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
- This programme involves screening of children from birth to 18 years of age for four Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development delays including disabilities.
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- for adolescents in the age group of 10-19 years, which promotes behaviour change in adolescents to prevent NCDs including diabetes.
- As per a newspaper report, an article published in Lancet Journal states that India is among the top three countries in the world with high diabetic population. It has also been stated therein that the prevalence of diabetes has increased by 80 per cent among women in India between 1980 to 2014.
- As per International Diabetes Federation, estimated number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) in India are 65.0 million, 66.8 million and 69.1 million in 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has undertaken a large scale epidemiological study on Task Force Projects on diabetes “ICMR – India Diabetes Study (ICMR INDIAB) Study” which looked at the prevalence of diabetes in different States.
- The theme of the World Health Day 2016 was “Halt The Rise Beat Diabetes”.
- NPCDCS – The programme includes creation of awareness in the society for change of lifestyle, dietary patterns, nutrition, etc. which are the major risk factors of diabetes.
- As per the Finance Minister’s budget speech, 2016 there is a proposal for increase of excise duty on aerated waters, containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured from 18 per cent to 21 per cent
Rebooting ties with Iran Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Tehran on May 22-23 will be an important marker in New Delhi’s attempt to instill momentum in bilateral ties. India's interests in ...READ MORE
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
Bill proposes 50% reservation for Karnataka students in NLSIU Students of Karnataka may soon get 50% reservation in Bengaluru’s premier legal education institution National Law School of India University (NLSIU). The State ...READ MORE
The fire that broke out in the Kappatagudda foothills between Bidnal and Virapapur Lambani tandas on 3rd March night, has been completely doused. Fire and Emergency Services personnel, police, Forest department ...READ MORE
Deposit Contribution Works Karnataka Housing Board has undertaken deposit contribution works as per entrustment by the Government. Up to October 2015 the details of works taken and progress is as follows - 475 building projects ...READ MORE
The state government has decided to adhere to its stand and not denotify fruits and vegetables from the Karnataka Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee (Regulation and Development) Act, despite the Centre ...READ MORE
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
Introduction - Why Important Steel is the backbone of any modern economy. The level of per capita consumption of steel is often considered an important index of the level of economic ...READ MORE
ಸಂವಿಧಾನ ಶಿಲ್ಪಿ ಡಾ.ಬಿ.ಆರ್. ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ಅವರ 125ನೇ ಜಯಂತಿ ಅಂಗವಾಗಿ 2015–16ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟರಿಗೆ ವಸತಿ ಒದಗಿಸಲು ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ನಿವಾಸ ಯೋಜನೆ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ಸಂಪುಟ ಒಪ್ಪಿಗೆ ಸೂಚಿಸಿದೆ. ‘ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿ ಮತ್ತು ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಪಂಗಡದ ಉಪಯೋಜನೆಯ ಅಡಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ಅನುದಾನ ಹೊಂದಿಸಲಾಗುವುದು. ಗ್ರಾಮೀಣ ...READ MORE
Biometric attendance to weed out bogus billing Civic officials are all set to introduce the biometric system of attendance for pourakarmikas to weed out suspect bogus billing by contractors. The National Informatics ...READ MORE
Rebooting ties with Iran- Modi’s visit to Iran
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
12 acres of Kappatagudda forest destroyed in fire
Urban Development – Housing Schemes
Karnataka State will not denotify fruits & vegetables
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
Steel Sector in India
ಅಂಬೇಡ್ಕರ್ ನಿವಾಸ ಯೋಜನೆ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams