Programmes to control Non communicable diseases
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)–
- which is implemented for interventions up to District level
- under the National Health Mission.
NPCDCS has a focus on
- awareness generation for behavior and life-style changes,
- screening and early diagnosis of persons with high level of risk factors and
- their treatment and referral (if required) to higher facilities for appropriate management for Non-communicable Diseases including Diabetes.
Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
- Under National Health Mission govt
- in order to improve the overall quality of life of children and provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
- This programme involves screening of children from birth to 18 years of age for four Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development delays including disabilities.
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- for adolescents in the age group of 10-19 years, which promotes behaviour change in adolescents to prevent NCDs including diabetes.
- As per a newspaper report, an article published in Lancet Journal states that India is among the top three countries in the world with high diabetic population. It has also been stated therein that the prevalence of diabetes has increased by 80 per cent among women in India between 1980 to 2014.
- As per International Diabetes Federation, estimated number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) in India are 65.0 million, 66.8 million and 69.1 million in 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has undertaken a large scale epidemiological study on Task Force Projects on diabetes “ICMR – India Diabetes Study (ICMR INDIAB) Study” which looked at the prevalence of diabetes in different States.
- The theme of the World Health Day 2016 was “Halt The Rise Beat Diabetes”.
- NPCDCS – The programme includes creation of awareness in the society for change of lifestyle, dietary patterns, nutrition, etc. which are the major risk factors of diabetes.
- As per the Finance Minister’s budget speech, 2016 there is a proposal for increase of excise duty on aerated waters, containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured from 18 per cent to 21 per cent
Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA • An exclusive cell dedicated for municipal reforms. • Managed by Senior KAS and KMAS Officers and Professionals hired directly from the market. • The cell has in house Data Center with centralized ...READ MORE
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರವನ್ನು ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮೊದಲ ಬಾರಿಗೆ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಜೊತೆಗೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ ಮಾಡಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಏನಿದು ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಚೌಕಟ್ಟು ಒಪ್ಪಂದ?: ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರ ಮತ್ತು ಭಾರತೀಯ ರಿಸರ್ವ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಫೆಬ್ರುವರಿ 20, 2015ರಲ್ಲಿ Monetary Policy Framework Agreement ಅಥವಾ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ...READ MORE
The process of getting fish-catch data related to inland fisheries is expected to get revolutionised with the development of a mobile-based application.The app, which has been developed by the Central ...READ MORE
The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015. Along with it, the fully revamped IT application ...READ MORE
Karnataka MobileOne, the flagship application launched by the State government in 2014, bagged the Gold award at the World Governance Summit in Dubai Secretary, Department of e-Governance, Srivatsa Krishna, received the ...READ MORE
Chemistry Nobel for mapping how cells repair damaged DNA Tomas Lindahl, Paul L. Modrich and Aziz Sancar were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for having mapped and explained how the ...READ MORE
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
What in News: Special package for polyhouse farming Agriculture Minister C. Krishna Byregowda has said a special package will be formulated to provide loans at lower rate of interest to construct polyhouses ...READ MORE
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
Urban Development – Municipal Reforms Cell –DMA &
ಹಣದುಬ್ಬರ ತಡೆಗಟ್ಟಲು ಆರ್ ಬಿಐ ಜೊತೆ ವಿತ್ತೀಯ ಒಪ್ಪಂದ
KPSC Mains Paper
Fishery Friends- Karnataka
Karnataka MobileOne bags award
Nobel Prize winners: 2015
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
Government Programme Made easy: Karnataka Polyhouse farming
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill