Programmes to control Non communicable diseases
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)–
- which is implemented for interventions up to District level
- under the National Health Mission.
NPCDCS has a focus on
- awareness generation for behavior and life-style changes,
- screening and early diagnosis of persons with high level of risk factors and
- their treatment and referral (if required) to higher facilities for appropriate management for Non-communicable Diseases including Diabetes.
Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
- Under National Health Mission govt
- in order to improve the overall quality of life of children and provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
- This programme involves screening of children from birth to 18 years of age for four Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development delays including disabilities.
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- for adolescents in the age group of 10-19 years, which promotes behaviour change in adolescents to prevent NCDs including diabetes.
- As per a newspaper report, an article published in Lancet Journal states that India is among the top three countries in the world with high diabetic population. It has also been stated therein that the prevalence of diabetes has increased by 80 per cent among women in India between 1980 to 2014.
- As per International Diabetes Federation, estimated number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) in India are 65.0 million, 66.8 million and 69.1 million in 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has undertaken a large scale epidemiological study on Task Force Projects on diabetes “ICMR – India Diabetes Study (ICMR INDIAB) Study” which looked at the prevalence of diabetes in different States.
- The theme of the World Health Day 2016 was “Halt The Rise Beat Diabetes”.
- NPCDCS – The programme includes creation of awareness in the society for change of lifestyle, dietary patterns, nutrition, etc. which are the major risk factors of diabetes.
- As per the Finance Minister’s budget speech, 2016 there is a proposal for increase of excise duty on aerated waters, containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured from 18 per cent to 21 per cent
ISRO: After Mars, it’s time for Venus The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has invited scientists to suggest studies for a potential orbiter mission to Venus - somewhat similar to the ...READ MORE
Degradation seeing forest landscape disappear: CAG-commissioned study A staggering 3,660 sq.km. of evergreen and deciduous forests have disappeared over the past four decades, while 267 sq.km of built-up area and buildings ...READ MORE
Ministry aims to have a new auction policy for hydrocarbon blocks ready by the end of the current financial year. Marginal field policy In the recently announced marginal field policy, the government ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
ಹಸಿರು ಸಂಪತ್ತು ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ದೇಶದ ಹಸಿರು ಸಂಪತ್ತು 2009 ರಿಂದ 2015ರವರೆಗೆ ಶೇ. 1.29 ಹೆಚ್ಚಳವಾಗಿದ್ದು, ಭಾರತದ ಒಟ್ಟು 7 ಲಕ್ಷ ಚದರ ಕಿ.ಮೀ. ಪ್ರದೇಶವನ್ನು ‘ಅರಣ್ಯ’ ಎಂದು ಭಾರತೀಯ ಅರಣ್ಯ ಸಮೀಕ್ಷೆ ಘೋಷಿಸಿದೆ. ಪರಿಸರ ಸ್ಥಿತಿಗತಿ ಕುರಿತು ವಿಶ್ವ ಪರಿಸರ ದಿನದ ...READ MORE
‘Skill on Wheels’ programme to kick off from Mysuru The National Skill Development Corporation’s (NSDC) ‘Skill on Wheels’ programme, which seeks to provide information and guidance to budding entrepreneurs and employment-seekers, ...READ MORE
ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿ ಗೌರವ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಕನ್ನಡದ ಖ್ಯಾತ ಸಂಶೋಧಕ ಡಾ. ಎಂ.ಚಿದಾನಂದ ಮೂರ್ತಿ ಅವರಿಗೆ 2018ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರಪತಿ ಗೌರವ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿ ಸಂದಿದೆ. ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರೀಯ ಕನ್ನಡ ಭಾಷೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಅವರು ನಡೆಸಿದ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆಯನ್ನು ಗುರುತಿಸಿ ಈ ಪುರಸ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ಆಯ್ಕೆ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಶಾಸ್ತ್ರೀಯ ತೆಲುಗು, ಸಂಸ್ಕೃತ, ಪರ್ಷಿಯಾ, ಅರೇಬಿಕ್, ...READ MORE
Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) Context: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for expanding the scope of Higher Education Financing ...READ MORE
Reforming criminals Judgement was given in a majority judgment of the five-judge Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu observed in the Rajiv Gandhi killers’ remission case. They noted that ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
New auction policy for natural gas
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from
“7th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 4th Dec
“17th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 6th
SC judgement : Remission of sentences
PSLV-C31 launches IRNSS-1E