Programmes to control Non communicable diseases
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)–
- which is implemented for interventions up to District level
- under the National Health Mission.
NPCDCS has a focus on
- awareness generation for behavior and life-style changes,
- screening and early diagnosis of persons with high level of risk factors and
- their treatment and referral (if required) to higher facilities for appropriate management for Non-communicable Diseases including Diabetes.
Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
- Under National Health Mission govt
- in order to improve the overall quality of life of children and provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
- This programme involves screening of children from birth to 18 years of age for four Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development delays including disabilities.
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- for adolescents in the age group of 10-19 years, which promotes behaviour change in adolescents to prevent NCDs including diabetes.
- As per a newspaper report, an article published in Lancet Journal states that India is among the top three countries in the world with high diabetic population. It has also been stated therein that the prevalence of diabetes has increased by 80 per cent among women in India between 1980 to 2014.
- As per International Diabetes Federation, estimated number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) in India are 65.0 million, 66.8 million and 69.1 million in 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has undertaken a large scale epidemiological study on Task Force Projects on diabetes “ICMR – India Diabetes Study (ICMR INDIAB) Study” which looked at the prevalence of diabetes in different States.
- The theme of the World Health Day 2016 was “Halt The Rise Beat Diabetes”.
- NPCDCS – The programme includes creation of awareness in the society for change of lifestyle, dietary patterns, nutrition, etc. which are the major risk factors of diabetes.
- As per the Finance Minister’s budget speech, 2016 there is a proposal for increase of excise duty on aerated waters, containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured from 18 per cent to 21 per cent
Experts warn of ecological damage, oppose expansion of Tadadi port Marine experts and faculty of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to grant environmental ...READ MORE
2010-11ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಿಂದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ 2 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಾದ ಕೋಲಾರ ಹಾಗೂ ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಇದರಡಿ ಗಬಿಣಿಯರಿಗೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಹಾಲುಣಿಸುವ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ,ಪೌಷ್ಠಿಕತೆ ಕುರಿತು ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ, ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಲಹೆ ಪದ್ಧತಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ತಿಳುವಳಿಕೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Road Transport & highways has issued a draft notification for implementation of BS-V and BS-VI norms for the automobile sector, covering the four wheeler category. The ministry has ...READ MORE
The Industrial Policy of the state aims at industrialization in backward regions and also development of industrial corridors and identifying potential locations to set up industries. In this context, it is ...READ MORE
World’s largest steelmaker ArcelorMittal may set up a solar farm on land allotted to it for a steel plant in Ballari district of Karnataka, in view of excess global steel ...READ MORE
Chief Minister In the Republic of India, a chief minister is the head of government of each of twenty-nine states and two union territories (Delhi and Puducherry). Chief Minister’s position in state is ...READ MORE
The second Asian Partnership on Disaster Reduction (IAP) meeting of delegates, sponsored by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) and Government of India will be held from ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
India specific India is among top 10 FDI recipients India jumped to the ninth rank in 2014 with a 22 per cent rise in FDI inflows to $34 billion. India was at ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆ
Draft notification for BS-V and BS-VI norms
Urban Development – Regional Development
Karnataka: ArcelorMittal plans solar farm in Ballari
Everything you need to know about Chief Ministers
Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
World Investment Report 2015 – UNCTAD
DG-level talks with Pak bears fruit