Programmes to control Non communicable diseases
National Programme for Prevention and Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases and Stroke (NPCDCS)–
- which is implemented for interventions up to District level
- under the National Health Mission.
NPCDCS has a focus on
- awareness generation for behavior and life-style changes,
- screening and early diagnosis of persons with high level of risk factors and
- their treatment and referral (if required) to higher facilities for appropriate management for Non-communicable Diseases including Diabetes.
Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
- Under National Health Mission govt
- in order to improve the overall quality of life of children and provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
- This programme involves screening of children from birth to 18 years of age for four Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development delays including disabilities.
Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)
- for adolescents in the age group of 10-19 years, which promotes behaviour change in adolescents to prevent NCDs including diabetes.
- As per a newspaper report, an article published in Lancet Journal states that India is among the top three countries in the world with high diabetic population. It has also been stated therein that the prevalence of diabetes has increased by 80 per cent among women in India between 1980 to 2014.
- As per International Diabetes Federation, estimated number of people with diabetes (20-79 years) in India are 65.0 million, 66.8 million and 69.1 million in 2013, 2014 & 2015 respectively.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has undertaken a large scale epidemiological study on Task Force Projects on diabetes “ICMR – India Diabetes Study (ICMR INDIAB) Study” which looked at the prevalence of diabetes in different States.
- The theme of the World Health Day 2016 was “Halt The Rise Beat Diabetes”.
- NPCDCS – The programme includes creation of awareness in the society for change of lifestyle, dietary patterns, nutrition, etc. which are the major risk factors of diabetes.
- As per the Finance Minister’s budget speech, 2016 there is a proposal for increase of excise duty on aerated waters, containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or flavoured from 18 per cent to 21 per cent
India and Japan today signed a landmark civil nuclear cooperation deal after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his counterpart Shinzo Abe, a move that will boost bilateral economic ...READ MORE
Why In News: The tiger conservation programme of Bhadra National Park has got a shot in the arm with the Central government giving its nod for a Rs 9-crore action ...READ MORE
ANTI-COUNTERFEITING TRADE AGREEMENT Introduction The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), is a multinational treaty for the purpose of establishing international standards for intellectual property rights enforcement. The agreement aims to establish an international legal ...READ MORE
To crackdown on the menace of fake AYUSH doctors, registration of Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Siddha, Unani, and Yoga practitioners has been made mandatory in the State. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed ...READ MORE
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has been in operation in all the districts of Karnataka State since 2006-07 which is being implemented in a phased manner. The primary ...READ MORE
Brazil says the number of babies born with microcephaly or abnormally small heads since October has now reached nearly 4,000. The authorities there believe the increase is caused by an outbreak ...READ MORE
Why in News: The Centre’s flagship scheme to distribute free liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) connections to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, has received a lacklustre response in the state. In the ...READ MORE
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
India- Japan Sign Landmark Nuclear Energy Deal
NammaKPSC Classroom: KAS 2016-17 challengers- All About Bhadra
S & T Related Intellectual Property Rights
Karnataka: Lower House passes bill to regulate Ayush
How is the Union Budget Prepared?
Rural Development- Rural Employment and Livelihood-
Brazil Zika outbreak
Not many takers in state for free LPG connections
To offset silt in Tungabhadra dam: State plans to
In a first, IMD to bring out summer