- In the last one month, only about 50,000 BPL households have submitted applications to the three state-owned oil marketing companies — Indian Oil Corporation Bharat Petroleum Corporation and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation, seeking free LPG connections.
- Free connections will be given in the name of woman member of the BPL families under the scheme, which was launched by the Centre in May this year.
- The Centre is using money saved by it under the Give-It-Up scheme (giving up LPG subsidy on refill cylinder) to fund the scheme.
- The beneficiaries under the scheme need not pay the deposit amount of Rs 1,600 for getting new connection. But the cost of refill cylinder and gas stove has to be borne by the beneficiary.
- The oil companies, which are tasked with the responsibility of achieving 100% LPG coverage, are now in a fix as they are finding it tough to identify the beneficiaries.
- As per the 2011 socio-economic caste census report, which is being used as the basis by the Centre to identify the beneficiaries under the scheme, Karnataka has 1.31 crore households.
- Of these, about 42 lakh come under the BPL bracket. The report also says that the LPG coverage is 74.8 % in the state. The Centre has set a target for itself to achieve 100% LPG coverage in three years.
- Discrepancy in the BPL data o
- The census report has become outdated.
- There is a possibility of large number of BPL families having obtained LPG connections much before the announcement of the scheme.
- As per the data collected by the oil companies, Yadgir, Koppal and Bidar districts are at the bottom of the list of poor coverage of LPG in the state.
- The oil companies have listed 13 districts where the coverage is low and, priority will be given families in these districts while issuing free connections. Kalaburagi, Raichur, Bagalkot, Gadag, Vijayapura, Haveri, Chikkaballapura, Tumakuru, Chitradurga and Chamarajnagar are the other districts in the list
About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- It aims at Providing Free LPG connections to Women from BPL Households.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. This is the first time in the history of the country that the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas would implement a welfare scheme benefitting crores of women belonging to the poorest households.
- Under the scheme, Rs 8000 crore has been earmarked for providing five crore LPG connections to BPL households. This Scheme would be implemented over three years, namely, the FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
- The Scheme provides a
- financial support of Rs 1600 for
- each LPG connection
- to the BPL households.
- The identification of eligible BPL families will be made in consultation with the State Governments and the Union Territories.
- The scheme is being partly funded from the savings of the GiveItUp initiative.
Till the year 1896, unfiltered water was supplied to Bengaluru city in the Kalyani system from a number of tanks such as Dharmambudhi, Sampangi, Ulsoor, Sankey etc., supplemented by local ...READ MORE
Kalaburagi is now free wifi connected Kalaburagi is now wi-fi connected with the installation of a new, free wi-fi hotspot, at the city's Mahanagara Palike office premises. MP Mallikarjun Kharge inaugurated the ...READ MORE
The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015. Along with it, the fully revamped IT application ...READ MORE
The Munak Canal in Haryana’s Mundela village, which brings 80 million gallons per day of water to Delhi, became a target of Jats protesting for reservation in Haryana last week. First, ...READ MORE
Tirthahalli taluk in grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease Tirthahalli taluk continues to remain in the grip of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever, as four positive cases among ...READ MORE
No new schemes, projects can be announced now With the model code of conduct in place, the state government can no longer announce new schemes or launch new projects. Also, schemes already ...READ MORE
ಚಿಪ್ಕೋ ಚಳುವಳಿಯ 45ನೇ ವಾಷಿಕೋತ್ಸವಕ್ಕೆ ಗೂಗಲ್ ಡೂಡಲ್ ಗೌರವ ಅರಣ್ಯ ನಾಶದ ವಿರುದ್ಧ ಜನಜಾಗೃತಿ ಮೂಡಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ಪ್ರಮುಖ ಪಾತ್ರ ವಹಿಸಿದ್ದ ಚಿಪ್ಕೋ ಚಳುವಳಿಯ 45 ವಾರ್ಷಿಕೋತ್ಸವದ ಸಂದರ್ಭದಲ್ಲಿ ಗೂಗಲ್ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ವಿಶಿಷ್ಟವಾದ ಡೂಡಲ್ ಮೂಲಕ ಚಳುವಳಿಯನ್ನು ನೆನಪಿಸಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಅಣೆಕಟ್ಟು, ಕಾರ್ಖಾನೆಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ರಸ್ತೆಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ದೊಡ್ಡ ...READ MORE
Mission Statement: The State Urban Livelihoods Mission will aim “to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment & skilled wage employment opportunities, ...READ MORE
Govt eases process of issuing BPL cards The state government on 20th March decided to simplify the procedure for issuing below poverty line ration cards, with an eye on the Assembly ...READ MORE
MP Nalin Kumar Kateel inaugurated MRPL's Kaushal Vikas Kendra (KVK) on 12th Feb. He emphasized the need to light the lamp of prosperity and knowledge in every home and every village, ...READ MORE
BWSSB – Existing Water Supply System Scenario &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
Water crisis in Delhi – call for action
Karnataka State Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 28th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Urban Development: State Urban Livelihoods Mission (SULM)
Karnataka – Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams –
MRPL’s Kaushal Vikas Kendra to train 60 youth