- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
What Is Rare Earth Element [REE] Rare earth metals are a set of seventeen chemical elements in the periodic table, specifically the fifteen lanthanides plus scandium and yttrium Why They Are Called ...READ MORE
Internet of Things India Congress Why in News: The first edition of ‘IoT India Congress, 2016’ was in Bengaluru. The congress aims to bring together key stakeholders across the value chain and verticals to ...READ MORE
ಹೆಣ್ಣುಮಕ್ಕಳ ಸುರಕ್ಷತೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಭವಿಷ್ಯದ ದೃಷ್ಟಿಯಿಂದ ರೂಪಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಯೋಜನೆ. ‘ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೋ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವೋ’ ಯೋಜನೆಯ ಒಂದು ಭಾಗ. ಸ್ಮಾಲ್ ಸೇವಿಂಗ್ ಸ್ಕೀಮ್. ಹತ್ತು ವರ್ಷ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಮಿತಿ ದಾಟದ ಬಾಲಕಿಯರಿಗೆ ಈ ಯೋಜನೆ ಅನ್ವಯವಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಾಲಕಿಯ ಹೆಸರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಆಕೆಯ ಪಾಲಕರು , ಲೀಗಲ್ ಗಾರ್ಡಿಯನ್ಈ ಖಾತೆ ...READ MORE
ಅನುಪಾತ (ಸಿಎಸ್ಆರ್), ಇಳಿಕೆ ಪ್ರವೃತ್ತಿ, 1961 ರಲ್ಲಿ 1000 ಹುಡುಗಿಯರಿಗೆ 0-6 ವರ್ಷಗಳ ವಯಸ್ಸಿನ ಹುಡುಗರ ಸಂಖ್ಯೆ ನಡುವೆ ವ್ಯಾಖ್ಯಾನಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ . ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಲಿಂಗ ಎನಿಕೆಯು 1991 ರಲ್ಲಿ 945, 2001 ರಲ್ಲಿ 927, ಮತ್ತು ಅವ್ಯಾಹತವಾಗಿ 2011 ರಲ್ಲಿ 918 ಗೆ ...READ MORE
The state forest department has issued a notification allowing culling of wild boars in Ramanagara distric, by declaring them vermin. The notification issued by the Ramanagara forest office which has legalized the ...READ MORE
Legislative Council elections in the state Polling in the elections to the 25 seats of the Legislative Council from the Local Authorities constituencies , to be held on Sunday, will decide the fate ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
Gross Domestic Product was 7.6 per cent in the second quarter of the last fiscal. The Indian economy grew at 7.3 per cent in the September quarter of current fiscal, up ...READ MORE
In a first-of-its-kind initiative, the Mangaluru City Corporation in Karnataka will officially unveil its IT-based initiative to track and control malaria cases on October 17. The initiative would be through software ...READ MORE
Rare Earth Element [REE]
Internet of things
ಬೇಟಿ ಬಚಾವೊ, ಬೇಟಿ ಪಢಾವ್
Department allows farmers in Ramanagara district to kill
Karnataka Legislative Council- A brief history
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
GDP grows at 7.3% in September quarter
IT-based malaria control initiative
Devadasis practice in Karnataka