- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
Aadhaar Bill Finance Minister Arun Jaitley introduced the Aadhaar Bill, 2016, in the Lok Sabha. Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016 The Bill provides statutory backing ...READ MORE
Despite the Animal Welfare Board of India’s ‘request’ to the State government to stop Kambala for the year 2015-16 it will be held. Administrations of Dakshina Kannada and Udupi will follow ...READ MORE
2010-11ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಿಂದ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ 2 ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಗಳಾದ ಕೋಲಾರ ಹಾಗೂ ಧಾರವಾಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಜಾರಿಗೊಳಿಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. ಇದರಡಿ ಗಬಿಣಿಯರಿಗೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಹಾಲುಣಿಸುವ ಮಹಿಳೆಯರಿಗೆ ,ಪೌಷ್ಠಿಕತೆ ಕುರಿತು ಶಿಕ್ಷಣ, ಆರೋಗ್ಯ ಸಲಹೆ ಪದ್ಧತಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ತಿಳುವಳಿಕೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ...READ MORE
Self Employment Programme The Government of India, Ministry of Rural Development has restructured SGSY as “Aajeevika”- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) and being implemented from 2010-2011. The State Government is implementing this ...READ MORE
Through the Android app launched by the Ministry of Ayush, the Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Authority (KaMPA) can check whether spices like cinnamon have been obtained from trees growing in ...READ MORE
The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s ...READ MORE
Karnataka will depict various stages of coffee-making, from plucking of beans to making of filter coffee, in a captivating tableau during the Republic Day parade From women plucking coffee beans to ...READ MORE
The physical expansion and demographic growth of urban areas have exerted an adverse impact on the urban environment. The large scale conversion of agricultural land in the urban periphery for urban uses like industries, housing ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi on 25th Oct The tribal carnival would showcase the capabilities of the tribal communities, in the national capital. The Prime ...READ MORE
Aadhar Bill 2016
Kambala to be held in Dakshina Kannada
ಇಂದಿರಾಗಾಂದಿ ಮಾತೃತ್ವ ಸಹಯೋಗ ಯೋಜನೆ
Rural Development-Self Employment Programme
e-Charak app – Forest dept gets set to
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences
Kodagu: The Coffee Land of Karnataka- To be
Urban Development – Urban Environment
National Tribal Carnival 2016
FRP for sugarcane farmers