- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
More seats for State students in PG medical, dental courses Nearly 64% of the total 2,281 postgraduate medical seats and 55.54% of the 929 postgraduate dental seats in the State have ...READ MORE
Floating test-range for missile defence system India is building a unique floating testing range — a huge ship — to overcome the limitations imposed by the land mass for carrying out ...READ MORE
One lakh jobs to be created in a year In an effort to reach out to unemployed youth ahead of the 2018 Legislative Assembly elections, the Congress government has decided to ...READ MORE
State to file revision petition in SC on quashed SC/ST promotions The Cabinet on 17th March decided to file a revision petition challenging the Supreme Court ruling which struck down the consequential ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
As per Agriculture Census 2010-11, Total number of operational holdings were estimated as 138.35 million. The total operated area was 159.59 million hectare. The average size of the holding has been estimated as ...READ MORE
What is Jallikattu? Jallikattu is an ancient bull taming blood sport played in Tamil Nadu. It's a part of Pongal celebrations on Mattu Pongal day According to experts, the term Jallikattu is derived ...READ MORE
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Testing ranges for missiles
Karnataka Current Affairs for KAS / KPSC Exams
18th March 2017 – Today’s Karnataka State Current
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Highlights of Agriculture Census 2010-11
Jallikattu Explained – History – Controversy – PETA
GDP grows at 7.3% in September quarter