- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
This State Sponsored scheme was introduced during 1991-92 to cover urban poor whose annual income is less than Rs.32,000. The beneficiaries are selected by the Ashraya Committee, comprising of both official ...READ MORE
What is Kambala? Kambala is an annual festival celebrated in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The festival involves the traditional buffalo race, a popular and unique sport among the farming ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s ...READ MORE
The physical expansion and demographic growth of urban areas have exerted an adverse impact on the urban environment. The large scale conversion of agricultural land in the urban periphery for urban uses like industries, housing ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the "Digital India Week" on 1st July, 2015Following are the projects and products that have been launched, or are ready for deployment, as part of ...READ MORE
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
The Channapatna handcraft can be traced to the reign of Tipu Sultan who invited artisans from Persia to train local artisans in the making of the wooden toys. The traditional wooden ...READ MORE
∗ Gene theft or DNA theft is the act of acquiring the genetic material of another human being, often from a public place, without his or her permission. ∗ The DNA ...READ MORE
A new chapter in the country’s transport sector has been initiated which moves towards clean fuel, India’s first liquefied natural gas-driven bus was launched in Kerala. Union Petroleum and Natural Gas ...READ MORE
Rural Development – Housing – Urban Ashraya/Vajpayee Housing
After Jallakattu, Karnataka wakes up for “Kambala”
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences
Urban Development – Urban Environment
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
Channapatna craft losing sheen
Kerala becomes first State in India to roll