- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
The Mission aims at creating economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive cities. It is being implemented in the cities of Bengaluru and Mysuru in Karnataka with KUIDFC as the Nodal Agency. The ...READ MORE
The Centre’s revision of service tax rate for packaged tours booked through travel and tour agencies will result in a nearly 20% hike in charges, which will be passed on ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
Two reports released on Thursday, one at the global level and the other India-specific, say the country is on track to meet only two (under-five overweight and exclusive breastfeeding rates) ...READ MORE
The new simplified “Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015” notified by the Central Government on 17th July 2015 became operational form August 2015. Along with it, the fully revamped IT application ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
The State Assembly Secretariat reveals a stellar performance by just three MLAs, all from the Congress S. Rafeeq Ahmed of Tumakuru city, B.M. Nagaraja of Siraguppa, and Prasanna Kumar K.B. ...READ MORE
Please find below the sample question paper of the previous year test-1 To Register yourself for the Test Series: https://www.instamojo.com/nammakpsc/?ref=profile_barREAD MORE
What is a genome ? The genome of an organism is the whole of its hereditary information encoded in its DNA. Within DNA there is a unique chemical code that guides ...READ MORE
The High Court of Karnataka recently expressed displeasure over the dwindling number of policewomen in the state. Justice A N Venugopala Gowda, who is monitoring the recruitment of police personnel in ...READ MORE
Urban Development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
Packaged tours booked through travel &tour agencies will
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
State of nutrition in the country
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
MLA absenteeism the norm at successive Assembly sessions
UPSC/KPSC TEST SERIES
Genome Editing and its controversy
High Court: Prepare plan for recruiting women police