- PSLV-C31 successfully put into orbit IRNSS-1E, the fifth satellite of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) after its succesful launch from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC), SHAR, Sriharikota
- PSLV-C31 for the eleventh time used ‘XL’ version of PSLV.
- IRNSS-1E, with a liftoff mass of 1425 kg, carried navigation payload and ranging payload
- Some 19 minutes after it lifted off from Second Launch Pad of the SDSC at 9.31 am,, PSLV-C31 placed the satellite in precise orbit.
- PSLV C-31 rocket has successfully launched IRNSS-IE satellite in orbit
- The configuration of IRNSS-1E is similar to that of IRNSS-1A, 1B, 1C and 1D launched by PSLV-C22, PSLV-C24, PSLV-C26 and PSLV-C27 in July 2013, April 2014, October 2014 and March 2015 respectively.
- The ranging payload of IRNSS-1E consists of a C-band transponder which facilitates accurate determination of the range of the satellite. IRNSS-1E also carries Corner Cube Retro Reflectors for laser ranging.
- Besides the deployment of the constellation of seven satellites, the ground segment comprises 13 Indian Range and Integrity Monitoring Stations, a IRNSS Network Timing Centre, a ISRO Navigation Centre and a Space Control Facility.
- IRNSS, an independent regional navigation satellite system, is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region extending up to 1,500 km from its boundary.
- The system is expected to provide a position accuracy of better than 20 metre in the primary service area.
A plot of land for India to build its first naval base in the Indian Ocean region has been allocated by the Seychelles government in the Assumption Island. Its is a joint ...READ MORE
Food and Civil Supplies Minister U T Khader on 27th Feb said that the state government will have to discontinue supply of sugar through PDS if the Centre does not restore its ...READ MORE
For the first time, the secretariat has allowed the MLAs to either WhatsApp or e-mail their questions. This facility is introduced for the session starting February 6. Of the 224 MLAs, ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ It is a project of DRDO aimed at converting biomass, municipal solid wastes, high ash coal and industrial wastes into useful products like electricity, fertilizers and chemicals ∗ The project ...READ MORE
Satellite-based navigation system In News: The GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system, which will offer seamless navigation to the aviation industry, was recently launched by the Civil Aviation Minister. GAGAN was develped ...READ MORE
The Rajya Sabha cleared the Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015 The bill lowers the age of a legally defined juvenile from 18 to 16 in the case of heinous crimes.. The Bill ...READ MORE
Indian space agency ISRO is aiming for a world record by putting into orbit 83 satellites two Indian and 81 foreign on a single rocket in early 2017. The company’s order ...READ MORE
What Country’s first, indigenous rotavirus vaccine launched The Rotavirus vaccine was developed indigenously, under a public-private partnership between the Ministry of Science Technology and the Health Ministry. Why to combat diarrhoeal deaths. How As given in ...READ MORE
Under Centrally Sponsored UIDSSMT (mission period) scheme, out of the 38 projects sanctioned for the State, 28 projects are completed. The central government has released an amount of Rs.534.97 crore for ...READ MORE
India’s naval base in Seychelles
Karnataka: Govt may stop supplying PDS sugar
Poor response from MLAs to e-governance initiatives
MULTI-FEED GASIFICATION TECHNOLOGY
GPS-Aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) system
Juvenile Justice (Amendment) Bill, 2015
ISRO Eyes World Record With Launch Of 83
India’s rotavirus vaccine launched
Urban Infrastructure Development Scheme for Small and Medium
Marital rape – Need to be criminalised?