- Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses
- In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised housing schemes under various departments with the MNREGA scheme that pays the wages of individuals, who work to build their homes.
- Till now, three different subsidised housing schemes under the housing and rural development departments paid around Rs. 40,000 to each poor beneficiary in three to four instalments. Now, they will get an additional Rs. 20,000 under MNREGA as wages for the person-days they spend on construction of the house. This is estimated to provide Rs. 520 crore to 2.6 lakh beneficiaries of housing schemes in 6,068 gram panchayats.
- This new concept will help the rural poor as it releases around Rs. 500 crore in the next 100 days
- A target of at least 50 beneficiaries per gram panchayat. Work orders are to be issued before the last week of March and work should be completed in three months.
- There is no chance of diversion of funds as every rupee is electronically transferred to the beneficiary’s account every 14 days. Gram panchayat officials can draw money directly from a central account after due certification.
- It will boost rural spending and help utilise funds from the central scheme by changing gears
- Pace of work on housing schemes in some district has been slow. It is expected to pick up as the works will be reviewed repeatedly by senior officials of the Panchayat Raj and Housing Department
- The pace of work on these schemes is generally lower in the HK region compared to other revenue divisions. Special emphasis will be laid in this region
- Effective utilization of funds due to usage of electronic transfer of funds and preventing leakage.
Kyasanur Forest Disease or KFD is also known as monkey fever KFD is a tick-borne viral disease that was first reported in 1957 from Kyasanur, a village in Shivamogga district It gets transmitted from ...READ MORE
The cultural carnival, ‘Hampi Utsav’ was off to a colourful start at Eduru Basavanna main stage at Hampi, once the capital of the mighty Vijayanagara empire, on Thursday with Chief ...READ MORE
Padma honour for nine from State Nine persons from Karnataka figure on the list of those chosen for the prestigious Padma awards for 2018. Cue sports stalwart Pankaj Advani has been chosen ...READ MORE
ಆಫ್ಲೈನ್ ಟೂಲ್ಗಳ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ನಾಗರಿಕರ ಖಾಸಗಿತನದ ಉಲ್ಲಂಘನೆ, ಡೇಟಾ ಕದಿಯುವಿಕೆ ಮತ್ತು ಕಣ್ಗಾವಲು ಆತಂಕಗಳ ನಿವಾರಣೆ ಯತ್ನವಾಗಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರಕಾರ ಇದೀಗ ಆಫ್ಲೈನ್ ಆಧಾರ್ ದೃಢೀಕರಣ ಟೂಲ್ಗಳ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿಗೆ ಮುಂದಾಗಿದೆ. ಕ್ಯೂಆರ್ ಕೋಡ್ಗಳು ಮತ್ತು ಬಯೋ ಮೆಟ್ರಿಕ್ ಅಥವಾ ಯುಐಡಿಎಐ ಸರ್ವರ್ಗಳ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಹಂಚಿಕೊಳ್ಳದೆ ...READ MORE
Team assesses impact of pollution around Byramangala reservoir The pollution levels around Byramangala reservoir are so high that residents around it are finding it difficult to live, said members of the ...READ MORE
Higher Education Financing Agency (HEFA) Context: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for expanding the scope of Higher Education Financing ...READ MORE
The state Cabinet on 22nd Feb decided to increase the ratio in shortlisting the number of candidates for personality test for gazetted probationers’ examination conducted by the Karnataka Public Service ...READ MORE
Regulations for Drones Why in news? The government has announced the Drone Regulations 1.0. These regulations will enable the safe, commercial usage of drones starting December 1, 2018. They are intended to ...READ MORE
Fire in Kalkere Range Thousands of acres of forest cover burnt down in forest fire in Bandipur tiger reserve on Saturday and a forest guard succumbed to burn injuries while preventing the flames ...READ MORE
Kyasanur Forest Disease
Cultural carnival Hampi Utsav off to a colourful
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
“3rd ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams – 6th
Karnataka: KAS personality test ratio goes up, 1:5
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 28th August
Everything you need to know about Bandipur Forest
VTU to train construction workers