- Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses
- In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised housing schemes under various departments with the MNREGA scheme that pays the wages of individuals, who work to build their homes.
- Till now, three different subsidised housing schemes under the housing and rural development departments paid around Rs. 40,000 to each poor beneficiary in three to four instalments. Now, they will get an additional Rs. 20,000 under MNREGA as wages for the person-days they spend on construction of the house. This is estimated to provide Rs. 520 crore to 2.6 lakh beneficiaries of housing schemes in 6,068 gram panchayats.
- This new concept will help the rural poor as it releases around Rs. 500 crore in the next 100 days
- A target of at least 50 beneficiaries per gram panchayat. Work orders are to be issued before the last week of March and work should be completed in three months.
- There is no chance of diversion of funds as every rupee is electronically transferred to the beneficiary’s account every 14 days. Gram panchayat officials can draw money directly from a central account after due certification.
- It will boost rural spending and help utilise funds from the central scheme by changing gears
- Pace of work on housing schemes in some district has been slow. It is expected to pick up as the works will be reviewed repeatedly by senior officials of the Panchayat Raj and Housing Department
- The pace of work on these schemes is generally lower in the HK region compared to other revenue divisions. Special emphasis will be laid in this region
- Effective utilization of funds due to usage of electronic transfer of funds and preventing leakage.
The year 2016 marks an end of the era of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which drove the global development agenda since the new millennium. The MDGs have paved the way for ...READ MORE
Olive Ridley Turtles Topic: Environment and Ecology IN NEWS: Cyclone Titli and the resultant rains have started to degrade the mass nesting site of olive ridley turtles at the Rushikulya river ...READ MORE
‘13 amendments to KSP bylaws passed’ Manu Baligar, President of the State unit of the Kannada Sahitya Parishath said recently that the special general body meeting at Kota in Udupi district ...READ MORE
MGNREGA funds to be used for developing gardens in schools The Dakshina Kannada Zilla Panchayat will rope in the Horticulture Department and use funds under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment ...READ MORE
The Mysuru Division of South Western Railways has initiated additional precautionary measures to beef up rail safety following the recent train accident near Kanpur that claimed nearly 150 lives. This includes ...READ MORE
ವಾಷಿಂಗ್ಟನ್ ಮೂಲದ ಆರ್ಥಿಕ ಮತ್ತು ಶಾಂತಿ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ತಯಾರಿಸಿದ ವರದಿ. 162 ದೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಅಧ್ಯಯನ ನಡೆಸಿ ವರದಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕರಿಂದ ಅತಿಹೆಚ್ಚು ತೊಂದರೆಗೆ ಒಳಗಾದ ಮೊದಲ 10 ದೇಶಗಳ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾರತ ಸೇರಿದೆ. ಈ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಜಾಗತಿಕ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದನಾ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ ಪ್ರಕಾರ (ಜಿಟಿಐ), ಜಗತ್ತಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಭಯೋತ್ಪಾದಕ ...READ MORE
'Startup coast' coming up in Karnataka State-of-the-art innovation centres, modern incubation set-up, tinkering labs and co-working space for startups are coming up in coastal Karnataka. This is the first project of its ...READ MORE
What causes pilot whales to get disoriented? Pilot whales are highly sensitive to noise pollution, caused by man-made sounds that interfere with echolocation. This makes them susceptible to disorientation from a ...READ MORE
Almost nine percent of popular apps downloaded from Google Play interact with websites that could compromise users’ security and privacy, according to a new University of California, Riverside study. The team ...READ MORE
SDG 3: big agenda, big opportunities for India
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th &
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 21st
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Karnataka: Mysuru Railway Division Intensifies Track Patrolling
ಉಗ್ರರ ಕಾಟ: ಭಾರತಕ್ಕೆ 6ನೇ ಸ್ಥಾನ
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Beaching of whales
Safety concerns of apps
Fishery Friends- Karnataka