- Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses
- In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised housing schemes under various departments with the MNREGA scheme that pays the wages of individuals, who work to build their homes.
- Till now, three different subsidised housing schemes under the housing and rural development departments paid around Rs. 40,000 to each poor beneficiary in three to four instalments. Now, they will get an additional Rs. 20,000 under MNREGA as wages for the person-days they spend on construction of the house. This is estimated to provide Rs. 520 crore to 2.6 lakh beneficiaries of housing schemes in 6,068 gram panchayats.
- This new concept will help the rural poor as it releases around Rs. 500 crore in the next 100 days
- A target of at least 50 beneficiaries per gram panchayat. Work orders are to be issued before the last week of March and work should be completed in three months.
- There is no chance of diversion of funds as every rupee is electronically transferred to the beneficiary’s account every 14 days. Gram panchayat officials can draw money directly from a central account after due certification.
- It will boost rural spending and help utilise funds from the central scheme by changing gears
- Pace of work on housing schemes in some district has been slow. It is expected to pick up as the works will be reviewed repeatedly by senior officials of the Panchayat Raj and Housing Department
- The pace of work on these schemes is generally lower in the HK region compared to other revenue divisions. Special emphasis will be laid in this region
- Effective utilization of funds due to usage of electronic transfer of funds and preventing leakage.
A 25-year-old engineer with respiratory problems was the first to use a recently launched air ambulance service to rush to a hospital. Sandeep was brought in a helicopter from Toranagallu in ...READ MORE
TADF is a new scheme to facilitate acquisition of Clean, Green & Energy Efficient Technologies, in form of Technology / Customised Products / Specialised Services / Patents / Industrial Design ...READ MORE
Govt to ensure private firms enforce retirement age rule The labour department will conduct inspections to ensure that employers implement the state government’s decision to enhance the retirement age of employees ...READ MORE
Eco-sensitive zones around state forest patches being redefined The state forest department and the Ministry of Environment and Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) are now redefining the boundaries of eco-sensitive zones ...READ MORE
Denmark the least corrupt country, India at 76th position India has climbed nine points to rank 76th in this year’s global corruption index topped by Denmark, with watchdog Transparency International calling ...READ MORE
Preparation of Master Plans for the orderly development of Cities, Towns and Villages in the State and providing technical assistance to Urban Development Authorities, Planning Authorities and Local Bodies in the ...READ MORE
The officials of the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Tuesday met the state government officials and urged them to speed up the process of making farmers register on M-Kisan portal. Union ...READ MORE
From March 26th Yeshwantpur-Hassan Intercity Express on new line Trains are set to chug on the new Chikbanavar-Hassan railway line with the railways setting March 26 as tentative date for the inauguration ...READ MORE
Pradhana Manthri Gram Sadak yojana (PMGSY) PMGSY was launched in the State during December 2000 with the objective of providing rural connectivity through all weather roads to the habitations having a population of 500 and above. Under ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Air ambulance debuts with flight from Ballari
Technology Acquisition and Development Fund
Karnataka State Updates for KAS/KPSC Exams – 26th
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
The Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) for 2015
Urban Development-Town and Country Planning
IMD urges govt to encourage farmers to register
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams –
Rural Development-Rural Roads InfrastructurePradhana Manthri Gram Sadak Yojana
Karnataka: Make in India meet concludes