- Homeless rural residents of Karnataka will now get additional funds to build their houses
- In a first for the country, the State government has decided to dovetail funds meant for subsidised housing schemes under various departments with the MNREGA scheme that pays the wages of individuals, who work to build their homes.
- Till now, three different subsidised housing schemes under the housing and rural development departments paid around Rs. 40,000 to each poor beneficiary in three to four instalments. Now, they will get an additional Rs. 20,000 under MNREGA as wages for the person-days they spend on construction of the house. This is estimated to provide Rs. 520 crore to 2.6 lakh beneficiaries of housing schemes in 6,068 gram panchayats.
- This new concept will help the rural poor as it releases around Rs. 500 crore in the next 100 days
- A target of at least 50 beneficiaries per gram panchayat. Work orders are to be issued before the last week of March and work should be completed in three months.
- There is no chance of diversion of funds as every rupee is electronically transferred to the beneficiary’s account every 14 days. Gram panchayat officials can draw money directly from a central account after due certification.
- It will boost rural spending and help utilise funds from the central scheme by changing gears
- Pace of work on housing schemes in some district has been slow. It is expected to pick up as the works will be reviewed repeatedly by senior officials of the Panchayat Raj and Housing Department
- The pace of work on these schemes is generally lower in the HK region compared to other revenue divisions. Special emphasis will be laid in this region
- Effective utilization of funds due to usage of electronic transfer of funds and preventing leakage.
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
The Union Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015, as reported by the Select Committee of Rajya Sabha. The Bill will now be taken up for ...READ MORE
As per Agriculture Census 2010-11, Total number of operational holdings were estimated as 138.35 million. The total operated area was 159.59 million hectare. The average size of the holding has been estimated as ...READ MORE
Siddaramaiah, who presented the state budget proposals for 2017-18 in the Assembly on 15th March, tried to explain the financial constraints his government faces because of a sluggish economy. This has ...READ MORE
By the end of the year, India expects to freeze the design for the largest battleship ever built for the Indian Navy. It will also be one of the largest carriers ...READ MORE
Polyhouse farming/ shelter farming is an alternative new technique in agriculture gaining foothold in rural India. In Karnataka Polyhouse farming a part of Krishi bhagya programme of GOK It reduces dependency on rainfall and ...READ MORE
The Cabinet on 15th Feb gave in-principle approval for implementing the long-pending Mekedatu multipurpose project utilising the Cauvery river water at a cost of Rs 5,912 crore. The project will help ...READ MORE
Ballari to play host to Janapada Rangotsava from April 21 Connoisseurs of art and music are in for an audio-visual treat at the three-day national-level Janapada Rangotsava from April 21 at ...READ MORE
ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಯೋಜನೆ ಕನರ್ಾಟಕ ರಾಜ್ಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಪ್ರಾಯೋಗಿಕವಾಗಿ 2ನೇ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ 1975 ರಂದು ಮೈಸೂರು ಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ, ಟಿ. ನರಸೀಪುರ ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕಿನಲ್ಲಿ 100 ಅಂಗನವಾಡಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಾರಂಬಿಸಲಾಯಿತು. ಈಗ ರಾಜ್ಯದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಕತಾಲ್ಲೂಕುಗಳಿಗೆ ವಿಸ್ತರಿಸಲಾಗಿದೆ. ಗಬರ್ಿಣಿ, ಬಾಣಂತಿ, ಕಿಶೋರಿಯರು ಮತ್ತು ...READ MORE
Union Minister of State for Drinking Water and Sanitation Ramesh Jigajinagi on 3rd March expressed unhappiness over the Karnataka government for tardy progress in execution of rural drinking water programme despite ...READ MORE
FAME – India
Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015
Highlights of Agriculture Census 2010-11
Karnataka Budget 2017- 2018 – Highlights
Design for second domestic aircraft carrier to be
Poly house farming
Karnataka: Cabinet approves 5,912-cr Mekedatu reservoir project
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಬಿವೃದ್ದಿ ಯೋಜನೆ
Centre irked by slow progress of rural drinking