The Indian and Sri Lankan Navies would undertake the 4th edition of Sri Lanka-India Exercise (SLINEX) off Trincomalee, Sri Lanka from 27 Oct to 01 Nov 15.
- SLINEX series of bilateral maritime exercises were initiated in 2005 and since then three successful engagements have been conducted.
- The exercise will commence with a Harbour Phase, during which, the participants will engage in professional, cultural and social interactions.
- The Harbour Phase will be followed by the Sea Phase, which will commence on 30 Oct. The Sea Phase will include complex operations including anti-piracy exercises, gun firings, cross-deck helicopter operations and anti-surface exercises
- The benefits of operational interactions under the aegis of SLINEX are clearly visible as both the Navies today have an improved and steadfast understanding. SLINEX 15 will further enhance the capability of the two navies to work together at sea and contribute towards maritime security in the region.
- SLINEX aims to promote mutual understanding and provide exposure to both the Navies to each other’s operating procedures, communication procedures and best practices. This allows the two navies to develop greater confidence to operate together, if required, during complex maritime missions.
- Periodic conduct of this exercise has helped to build on past experiences and further advance professional as well as operational engagements between the two navies.
For the first time, Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM), jointly designed and developed by IAI, Israel and DRDO, has been successfully flight tested from an Israeli Naval Platform. ...READ MORE
Kalvari, the first ship of Scorpene class submarines being manufactured at Mazgaon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL), was set afloat in the Mumbai naval dockyard It will undergo sea trials, and eventually ...READ MORE
Water Resources Minister M B Patil on Wednesday informed the Legislative Council that it would be unscientific to desilt the Tungabhadra dam, which has about 33 tmcft of silt deposition. Replying ...READ MORE
The Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker were launched as a part of the Digital Army programme The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, a Near ...READ MORE
The Indian Air Force is commencing its annual exercise, Exercise Livewire, on 31 October 2015. The exercise involves utilization of air assets of all types available with the IAF. The aim of ...READ MORE
The United States Department of Defense (Pentagon) delivered to the defence ministry a Letter of Acceptance (LoA), agreeing to supply 145 M777 ultra lightweight howitzers to India. The LoA spells ...READ MORE