- The “Start up India Stand up India” initiative was announced by the PrimeMinister in his address to the nation on 15th August, 2015. The Stand up India component is anchored by Department of Financial Services (DFS) to encourage greenfield enterprises by SC/ST and Women entrepreneurs.
- The Scheme is intended to facilitate at least two such projects per bank branch, on an average one for each category of entrepreneur.
- It is expected to benefit atleast 2.5 lakh borrowers. The expected date of reaching the target of at least 2.5 lakh approvals is 36 months from the launch of the Scheme.
The Stand Up India Scheme provides for:
- Refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of Rs. 10,000 crore.
- Creation of a credit guarantee mechanism through the National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC).
- Handholding support for borrowers both at the pre loan stage and during operations. This would include increasing their familiarity with factoring services, registration with online platforms and e-market places as well as sessions on best practices and problem solving.
The details of the scheme are as follows:
- Focus is on handholding support for both SC/ST and Women borrowers.
- The overall intent of the approval is to leverage the institutional credit structure to reach out to these under-served sectors of the population by facilitating bank loans. The loans are repayable up to 7 years and between Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 100 lakh for greenfield enterprises in the non farm sector set up by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
- The loan under the scheme would be appropriately secured and backed by a credit guarantee through a credit guarantee scheme
- Margin money of the composite loan would be up to 25%. Convergence with state schemes is expected to reduce the actual requirement of margin money for a number of borrowers.
- Over a period of time, it is proposed that a credit history of the borrower be built up through Credit Bureaus.
India is home to the largest child population in the world, with almost 42 per cent of the total population under eighteen years of age One of the issues marring this ...READ MORE
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
The Sundarbans is a natural region comprising southern Bangladesh and a small part in Eastern India. It covers approximately 10,000 square kilometres. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Scientists have set out to explore the medicinal properties of the Ganga water This will help to either use the pristine water or elements isolated from it in clinical therapies. While four ...READ MORE
Introduction ∗ Waste-to-energy (WtE) or energy-from-waste (EfW) is the process of creating energy in the form of electricity orheat from the incineration of waste source. WtE is a form of energy ...READ MORE
The first step has been taken towards removal of Karnataka Lokayukta Y. Bhaskar Rao by the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Janata Dal (Secular). They submitted separate petitions to Legislative Assembly ...READ MORE
Revenue surplus is Rs. 8,751 cr. in the first six months of financial year 2016-17 Karnataka has a comfortable cash position and there is no need to avail loans from the ...READ MORE
The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s ...READ MORE
Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private
Ganga water for medicinal properties
WASTE TO ENERGY
Karnataka: Mid-Year Review Shows State Cash Happy
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences