- The “Start up India Stand up India” initiative was announced by the PrimeMinister in his address to the nation on 15th August, 2015. The Stand up India component is anchored by Department of Financial Services (DFS) to encourage greenfield enterprises by SC/ST and Women entrepreneurs.
- The Scheme is intended to facilitate at least two such projects per bank branch, on an average one for each category of entrepreneur.
- It is expected to benefit atleast 2.5 lakh borrowers. The expected date of reaching the target of at least 2.5 lakh approvals is 36 months from the launch of the Scheme.
The Stand Up India Scheme provides for:
- Refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of Rs. 10,000 crore.
- Creation of a credit guarantee mechanism through the National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC).
- Handholding support for borrowers both at the pre loan stage and during operations. This would include increasing their familiarity with factoring services, registration with online platforms and e-market places as well as sessions on best practices and problem solving.
The details of the scheme are as follows:
- Focus is on handholding support for both SC/ST and Women borrowers.
- The overall intent of the approval is to leverage the institutional credit structure to reach out to these under-served sectors of the population by facilitating bank loans. The loans are repayable up to 7 years and between Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 100 lakh for greenfield enterprises in the non farm sector set up by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
- The loan under the scheme would be appropriately secured and backed by a credit guarantee through a credit guarantee scheme
- Margin money of the composite loan would be up to 25%. Convergence with state schemes is expected to reduce the actual requirement of margin money for a number of borrowers.
- Over a period of time, it is proposed that a credit history of the borrower be built up through Credit Bureaus.
The amendment to the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notification 2011 permitting the use of reclaimed land for construction of roads in notified areas has triggered a wave of concern among ...READ MORE
FAME – India is an abbreviation for Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India Government of India approved the National Mission on Electric Mobility in 2011 and subsequently ...READ MORE
In a development that gives a big boost to the aviation industry in Karnataka, aerospace major Boeing is holding talks with the state government on setting up a new aircraft ...READ MORE
For the first time, the secretariat has allowed the MLAs to either WhatsApp or e-mail their questions. This facility is introduced for the session starting February 6. Of the 224 MLAs, ...READ MORE
What does it say Its is set to roll out on January 1, 2016. As per the formula, vehicles with registration number ending with an odd number will be allowed on odd-number ...READ MORE
The passage of 74th CAA has provided new opportunities for urban governance reforms in the country. The municipal bodies have for the first time been provided the constitutional status of the ...READ MORE
Air quality remained abysmal on Dec 1st , with four of the seven monitoring stations reporting the “severe” warning during the morning. The situation improved slightly by 7 p.m. due to ...READ MORE
Inflow in the Netravathi to the Thumbe vented dam, which supplies drinking water to the city, has dropped by 50% in a month. It might force the Mangaluru City Corporation to ...READ MORE
The Government has a well established strategy and institutional mechanism to effectively deal with terrorist financing and money laundering problem. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967(UAPA) and the Prevention of Money ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government is planning to introduce 100% reservation to Kannadigas in blue-collar jobs in private sector industries across the state. The state labour department has released the draft amendments to ...READ MORE
Amendment to CRZ 2011
FAME – India
Karnataka: Boeing in talks with govt to set
Poor response from MLAs to e-governance initiatives
Delhi odd-even formula
Urban Development – 74th Constitutional Amendment Act
Poor AQI in Delhi
Netravathi River: Inflow Drop at Thumbe Dam by
Strategy to deal with Terror Financing and Money
Karnataka plans 100% quota for locals in private