- The “Start up India Stand up India” initiative was announced by the PrimeMinister in his address to the nation on 15th August, 2015. The Stand up India component is anchored by Department of Financial Services (DFS) to encourage greenfield enterprises by SC/ST and Women entrepreneurs.
- The Scheme is intended to facilitate at least two such projects per bank branch, on an average one for each category of entrepreneur.
- It is expected to benefit atleast 2.5 lakh borrowers. The expected date of reaching the target of at least 2.5 lakh approvals is 36 months from the launch of the Scheme.
The Stand Up India Scheme provides for:
- Refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of Rs. 10,000 crore.
- Creation of a credit guarantee mechanism through the National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company (NCGTC).
- Handholding support for borrowers both at the pre loan stage and during operations. This would include increasing their familiarity with factoring services, registration with online platforms and e-market places as well as sessions on best practices and problem solving.
The details of the scheme are as follows:
- Focus is on handholding support for both SC/ST and Women borrowers.
- The overall intent of the approval is to leverage the institutional credit structure to reach out to these under-served sectors of the population by facilitating bank loans. The loans are repayable up to 7 years and between Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 100 lakh for greenfield enterprises in the non farm sector set up by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
- The loan under the scheme would be appropriately secured and backed by a credit guarantee through a credit guarantee scheme
- Margin money of the composite loan would be up to 25%. Convergence with state schemes is expected to reduce the actual requirement of margin money for a number of borrowers.
- Over a period of time, it is proposed that a credit history of the borrower be built up through Credit Bureaus.
Chemistry Nobel for mapping how cells repair damaged DNA Tomas Lindahl, Paul L. Modrich and Aziz Sancar were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for having mapped and explained how the ...READ MORE
What is congenital hypothyroidism? Congenital hypothyroidism (CHT) is a condition resulting from an absent or under-developed thyroid gland (dysgenesis) or one that has developed but cannot make thyroid hormone because of ...READ MORE
New Socio-Economic Survey report on caste categorisation to be out soon Social Welfare Minister H Anjaneya has announced that the socio-economic survey report being prepared by the Backward Classes Commission would prevail ...READ MORE
Bengaluru’s very own high-yielding tomato varieties of Arka Rakshak and Arka Samrat have helped their researchers bag a prestigious national award. A team of horticultural scientists from the Hessarghatta-based Indian Institute ...READ MORE
The Government has launched Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) in the country. The aim, objective and salient features of CCTNS are : To fully computerize the process of crime ...READ MORE
It is possible to get an image or design of your choice embossed on pearls while they are being formed in the oysters - "Image pearl farming” is all about such ...READ MORE
A total of 87 infrastructure projects with a combined value of Rs.87,518.77 crore are underway in Karnataka and transportation projects are leading the way with around 52 projects worth Rs.36,237 ...READ MORE
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system being developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to users in India as well as the region ...READ MORE
The government, during the Budget session of the Parliament, plans to amend The mining law which is holding up mergers and acquisitions worth thousands of crore in the distressed commodities and ...READ MORE
The twin cities of Hubballi-Dharwad will host the State Level Olympics Games from February 3 to 10 and 275 gold, silver and bronze medals each would be awarded in as ...READ MORE
Nobel Prize winners: 2015
Karnataka: Doctors want govt to mandate hypothyroidism test
Today’s Current Affairs – Karnataka – KAS/KPSC EXAMS
Bengaluru’s tomato varieties get researchers national award
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems
Image pearl farming
Infrastructure projects underway in Karnataka
Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System
MMDR Act of 2015 to be amended
Karnataka: Hubballi-Dharwad to host State Olympics Games from