- The National Highway (NH) stretches will be made green corridors by planting trees, landscaping, and laying grass turfs and ornamental shrubs.
- The initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) to make the NH stretches eco-friendly is part of the green highways policy to “tree-line” 96,000 km of NHs across the country.
Green Highways Fund
- In a communication to all States, the Ministry said a Green Highways Fund would be set apart utilising 1 per cent of the civil work cost while arriving at total road project cost.
- The funds to be transferred to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) would be used exclusively for plantation and maintenance on all NH stretches being developed on the Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) and Build Operate Transfer (BOT) mode.
- The NHAI will act as Fund Manager for maintaining the account and for release of the payments made by the Regional Officer or Project Director based on the recommendation of the monitoring agency-Indian Highways Management Company Ltd (IHMCL).
- At least one NH corridor in each State would be taken up for model plantation, which would be replicated in other stretches subsequently. The plantation and maintenance would be done through empanelled agencies of MoRTH through competitive bidding.
- The participation of community, farmers, non-governmental organisations, private sector, government agencies and the Forest Department will be ensured for effective plantation and better impact.
The Surya Kiran series of military exercises are being conducted annually, alternatively in India and Nepal. Surya Kiran series of military exercises with Nepal is largest in terms of troop’s ...READ MORE
Karnataka unveils booster kit for startups In a bid to boost the startup ecosystem, the state government unveiled the Startup Karnataka Booster Kit to provide easy access to necessary software tools ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the "Digital India Week" on 1st July, 2015Following are the projects and products that have been launched, or are ready for deployment, as part of ...READ MORE
The Central Data Centre, Army Cloud and Digi-Locker were launched as a part of the Digital Army programme The facility under the Army Cloud includes a Central Data Centre, a Near ...READ MORE
Kerala students to take digital literacy to the masses The Kerala-wide Digital Empowerment Campaign, which seeks to bridge the digital divide and maximise the potential of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) ...READ MORE
Best Current affairs Magazine for all civil services competitive examinations. It is the only magazine that covers National issues, international issues and Karnataka issues all in one single magazine. Our ...READ MORE
The government is striving to introduce five more labour reform legislations in the winter session of Parliament, including the bills to introduce a new wage and industrial relations code and ...READ MORE
The Health Ministry in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will start a National Death Registry for information about each and every death in hospitals across ...READ MORE
4th State Finance Commission’s tour of State Why in News: The three-member Fourth State Finance Commission (SFC), headed by C.G. Chinnaswamy, has begun consulting with experts and urban and rural local ...READ MORE
10th Indo-Nepal Joint Exercise Surya Kiran Commences
Startup Promotion by Karnataka Government
Digital Army programme
Kerala – Digital Empowerment Campaign
current affairs magazine karnataka for kas exams
Labour reform bills to be introduced
Health Ministry – AIIMS to set up National
Karnataka 4th Finance Commission: NammaKPSC classroom session for
World Investment Report 2015 – UNCTAD