- The National Highway (NH) stretches will be made green corridors by planting trees, landscaping, and laying grass turfs and ornamental shrubs.
- The initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) to make the NH stretches eco-friendly is part of the green highways policy to “tree-line” 96,000 km of NHs across the country.
Green Highways Fund
- In a communication to all States, the Ministry said a Green Highways Fund would be set apart utilising 1 per cent of the civil work cost while arriving at total road project cost.
- The funds to be transferred to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) would be used exclusively for plantation and maintenance on all NH stretches being developed on the Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) and Build Operate Transfer (BOT) mode.
- The NHAI will act as Fund Manager for maintaining the account and for release of the payments made by the Regional Officer or Project Director based on the recommendation of the monitoring agency-Indian Highways Management Company Ltd (IHMCL).
- At least one NH corridor in each State would be taken up for model plantation, which would be replicated in other stretches subsequently. The plantation and maintenance would be done through empanelled agencies of MoRTH through competitive bidding.
- The participation of community, farmers, non-governmental organisations, private sector, government agencies and the Forest Department will be ensured for effective plantation and better impact.
Dear Students, After a successful session-I of our free current affairs programme, our second session is lined up with some very important topics of discussion, as well as answer writing techniques... ...READ MORE
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the "Digital India Week" on 1st July, 2015Following are the projects and products that have been launched, or are ready for deployment, as part of ...READ MORE
ಕೇರಳದ ಮನವಿ ತಿರಸ್ಕರಿಸಿದ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ, ತಮಿಳುನಾಡು ಬಂಡೀಪುರದ ರಾಷ್ಟ್ರೀಯ ಹೆದ್ದಾರಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ರಾತ್ರಿ ವೇಳೆ ವಾಹನಗಳ ಸಂಚಾರವನ್ನು ನಿಷೇಧಿಸಿ ಹೊರಡಿಸಿರುವ ಆದೇಶವನ್ನು ತೆರವು ಮಾಡುವಂತೆ ಕೋರಿದ್ದ ಕೇರಳದ ಮನವಿಯನ್ನು ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಹಾಗೂ ತಮಿಳುನಾಡು ಅಧಿಕಾರಿಗಳು ತಿರಸ್ಕರಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ‘ರಾತ್ರಿ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಿಷೇಧದಿಂದಾಗಿ ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನಿಂದ ಕೇರಳಕ್ಕೆ ಬರುವ ಪ್ರಯಾಣಿಕರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
The amendment to the Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) notification 2011 permitting the use of reclaimed land for construction of roads in notified areas has triggered a wave of concern among ...READ MORE
A worrying re-emergence of diphtheria in Malappuram district of kerala, is putting at risk considerable swathes of its population. Atleast two children died of Diphtheria this year. Over a dozen Malappuram ...READ MORE
Four-day World Congress on Disaster Management concluded on Sunday with the unanimous adoption of ‘Visakhapatnam Declaration’ calling for a comprehensive action plan for a disaster-resilient society The declaration was drafted after ...READ MORE
Swachh Survekshan-2016 was a sanitation survey conducted by the Ministry of Urban Development under the Swachh Bharat Mission comissioned in october 2015 The survey was conducted in 75 major cities, including 53 with ...READ MORE
State reaches 8-lakh mark in LED bulb sales As the number of LED bulbs sold in the country under the Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) touched the 5-crore mark, Karnataka stood ...READ MORE
The Ministry of Road Transport & highways has issued a draft notification for implementation of BS-V and BS-VI norms for the automobile sector, covering the four wheeler category. The ministry has ...READ MORE
Free Current Affairs Class
7th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Amendment to CRZ 2011
After Diphtheria Deaths, Kerala Launches Vaccination Drive
Swachh Survekshan 2016
Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP) and Hosa Belaku
Draft notification for BS-V and BS-VI norms
Download Mahithi Monthly Kannada February 2017