Cotton replaces PVC as printers try to stay afloat
- Following the ban by the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) on display of flex and banners in the city, advertisers are making use of cotton to print their advertisements.
- While the civic body is clear that it will not allow any banners to be put up, eco-friendly or otherwise, shopkeepers are clinging on to whatever little business they get by embracing cotton.
- Though printers have found an alternative material in cotton, shopkeepers said it had not been very effective as the fabric absorbs a lot of ink and the print looks dull on it.
- However, the BBMP will not allow cotton banners
- There is a clear direction not to display any banners. Cotton or not, we will remove those boards if we find anyone using it
‘Owners of 212 more illegal ad hoardings dismantled structures’
- The Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) on 17th Sep told the Karnataka High Court that 212 more metal structures put up illegally for displaying advertisements have been removed voluntarily by the owners of such structures in addition to 107 that were removed voluntarily earlier.
- A submission in this regard was made before a division bench comprising Chief Justice Dinesh Maheshwari and Justice R. Devdas, which is monitoring actions of the civic body in removing all illegal banners, hoardings and flexes through three PIL petitions.
- “The law must reach them,” the bench observed when the BBMP counsel said that action as per law is being initiated against the owners of the around 1,600 such structures who have neither responded to the BBMP’s public notices for submitting documents to establish that structures were put up legally nor have removed the structures.
- The counsel told the bench that the BBMP will file applications before the respective civil courts with requests to advance the hearing on the suits filed by certain advertisement agencies who had questioned the BBMP action of cancelling or not renewing licences for hoardings. Several such suits are pending before the civil courts since 2008.
- The BBMP counsel said that the draft advertisement by-law would soon be put in the public domain seeking suggestions and objections from the public and other stake-holders as per provisions of the Karnataka Municipal Corporations Act.
- The government, which had received the BBMP’s draft by-laws, had advised the civic body to submit the draft by-laws for approval after securing views of the public as per the law.
Apply online for land conversion
- In an effort to simplify the approval for conversion of agricultural land to non-agricultural uses, the State government is set to launch an online application format.
- Under the simplified procedure, the owner will have to submit an application with details of land and survey number, along with an affidavit. In cases that require partial conversion or RTC having multiple owners or in case of Pyki RTCs given to government granted land, the owners have to submit 11E sketches along with the application and affidavit.
- The recently amended provisions of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 provides for ‘deemed conversion’ if the Deputy Commissioner does not inform his decision to the applicant within four months after the application is made.
- The new procedure is applicable to only those applications that are in conformity with law.
- The software will not accept applications that do not confirm with the land use pattern plotted in the master plan
- The online procedure removes the delay and also reduces the number of documents required for conversion. It is transparent
More seats for State students in PG medical, dental courses Nearly 64% of the total 2,281 postgraduate medical seats and 55.54% of the 929 postgraduate dental seats in the State have ...READ MORE
Forest dept treads cautiously over Great Canara Trails The 'Great Canara Trails' will be opened for trekkers to walk down the untrodden paths in the pristine forests of the Western Ghats ...READ MORE
‘ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಕೇಂದ್ರ’ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟರ ದುಃಖ -ದುಮ್ಮಾನಗಳಿಗೆ ದನಿಯಾಗಬಲ್ಲ 24/7 ಮಾದರಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾರ್ಯಾಚರಿಸುವ ಸಹಾಯವಾಣಿಗೆ ಸಮಾಜ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಇಲಾಖೆ ಚಾಲನೆ ನೀಡಿದೆ. ನಗರದ ಯವನಿಕ ಆವರಣದಲ್ಲಿ ಸ್ಥಾಪಿಸಿರುವ ‘ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಕೇಂದ್ರ’ ಸಹಾಯವಾಣಿಯನ್ನು ಗೃಹ ಸಚಿವ ಡಾ.ಜಿ.ಪರಮೇಶ್ವರ ಹಾಗೂ ಸಮಾಜ ಕಲ್ಯಾಣ ಸಚಿವ ...READ MORE
ಮತಗಟ್ಟೆ ಮಾಹಿತಿಗೆ ಚುನಾವಣಾ ಆ್ಯಪ್! ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹಕ್ಕು ಚಲಾಯಿಸುವ ಮತಗಟ್ಟೆ ಎಲ್ಲಿದೆ? ಅದನ್ನು ತಲುಪುವ ಮಾರ್ಗ ಯಾವುದು? ಸಂಚಾರ ದಟ್ಟಣೆ ಕಿರಿಕಿರಿ ಇಲ್ಲದೆ ಸುಲಭವಾಗಿ ತಲುಪಲು ಇರುವ ಮಾರ್ಗಗಳು ಯಾವುವು? ಸರತಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಎಷ್ಟು ಜನರಿದ್ದಾರೆ? ಇಂತಹ ಹಲವು ಮಾಹಿತಿಯನ್ನು ಈಗ ಬೆರಳ ತುದಿಯಲ್ಲೇ ...READ MORE
Karnataka: Mysuru Dasara logo unveiled District incharge Minister H C Mahadevappa released the Mysuru Dasara 2017 logo at a meeting of the Dasara executive committee on 31st August. Dasara is scheduled to ...READ MORE
Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018 Why in news? The Centre has launched the Swachh Survekshan Grameen, 2018, a nationwide survey of rural India to rank the cleanest and dirtiest States and districts on ...READ MORE
Regulations for Drones Why in news? The government has announced the Drone Regulations 1.0. These regulations will enable the safe, commercial usage of drones starting December 1, 2018. They are intended to ...READ MORE
Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal notched up her first title after a career-threatening injury by claiming the Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwith a hard-fought victory in the summit clash on ...READ MORE
The Karnataka government’s move to take up the much-needed upgrade of the award-winning Bhoomi software has come to a grinding halt. The government and the contractor – Accenture Services Pvt Ltd ...READ MORE
COMCASA to help keep a watch over Indian Ocean Why in news? India and the U.S. on September 6 signed the foundational or enabling agreement COMCASA on the side-lines of the inaugural ...READ MORE
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 14th
“8th ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
“3rd ಮೇ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 14th July
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 28th August
Sports: Saina Nehwal Lifts Malaysia Masters Grand Prix
Bhoomi software upgrade project stuck over cost escalation
National Current Affairs – UPSC/KAS Exams- 8th September