- The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are poor, with medical bills mounting over the years.
- The Karnataka State Commission for Women (KSCW) has directed all zilla panchayats to provide free houses or residential sites to the acid attack victims.
- In addition, the victims are eligible to draw disability pension, get cash compensation and medical treatment expenses.
- The victims are also eligible to get welfare pension meant for people with disabilities, cash compensation of Rs. 3 lakh, and compensation for treatment up to Rs. 20 lakh, she said.
- According to sources at the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, Bengaluru, identifying acid attack victims and houses/lands for them are under way in several ZPs.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated First National Tribal Carnival-2016 in New Delhi on 25th Oct The tribal carnival would showcase the capabilities of the tribal communities, in the national capital. The Prime ...READ MORE
All India Radio has launched a 24-hour satellite classical music channel, ‘Raagam’, which will be available via DTH (with no transmitter support as with its other channels) and mobile app ...READ MORE
The Sundarbans is a natural region comprising southern Bangladesh and a small part in Eastern India. It covers approximately 10,000 square kilometres. It is the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest ...READ MORE
The IS claims to be more than a militant group, selling itself as a government for the world’s Muslims that provides a range of services in the territory it controls. The ...READ MORE
Below poverty line and above poverty line families will not get their monthly ration under the public distribution system from April 1, if they fail to link Aadhaar number with ...READ MORE
For the first time, Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM), jointly designed and developed by IAI, Israel and DRDO, has been successfully flight tested from an Israeli Naval Platform. ...READ MORE
Sericulture farmers in Karnataka, India’s leading raw silk producing State, are disappointed over the Union Budget’s failure to increase the customs duty on import of raw silk. The customs duty on ...READ MORE
State-owned aviation major, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) thought so when it produced 39 Basant aircraft but stopped building them after 1980. Now, the Aussies want rich Indian farmers to check out ...READ MORE
The massive campaign for Kallikattu in Tamil Nadu and a similar campaign building up for kambala in Karnataka seem to have opened a Pandora’s box. Now, there is demand from people ...READ MORE
National Tribal Carnival 2016
AIR launches 24-hour classical music channel
Islamic State losing support
KPSC Mains Paper
No PDS supplies if Aadhaar is not linked
LRSAM Successfully Flight-Tested
Sericulture farmers in state disappointed with the budget
Karnataka: Aircraft to spray seeds and fertilisers?
After Jallikattu & Kambala, next demand for lifting