- The Karnataka state has seen 144 acid attack victims since 2003-04. A large number have lost (some partially) their sight and are badly scarred. A majority of the victims are poor, with medical bills mounting over the years.
- The Karnataka State Commission for Women (KSCW) has directed all zilla panchayats to provide free houses or residential sites to the acid attack victims.
- In addition, the victims are eligible to draw disability pension, get cash compensation and medical treatment expenses.
- The victims are also eligible to get welfare pension meant for people with disabilities, cash compensation of Rs. 3 lakh, and compensation for treatment up to Rs. 20 lakh, she said.
- According to sources at the Department of Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, Bengaluru, identifying acid attack victims and houses/lands for them are under way in several ZPs.
The 2015 Guidelines issued by the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) would replace the 2011 Adoption Guidelines. These Guidelines are intended to provide for more effective regulation for adoption of orphan, ...READ MORE
ವರದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯಲ್ಲೂ ತೀರಾ ಹಿಂದುಳಿದ ಜಾತಿಗಳಿಗೆ ಮೀಸಲಾತಿ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಸಿಗುತ್ತಿಲ್ಲ; ಕೆಲವೇ ಜಾತಿಗಳು ಮಾತ್ರ ಈ ಸೌಲಭ್ಯ ಪಡೆಯುತ್ತಿವೆ ಎಂಬ ದೂರು ಕೇಳಿ ಬಂದಿದ್ದರಿಂದ 2005ರ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ನಲ್ಲಿ ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ರಚಿಸಲಾಗಿತ್ತು. ಆಯೋಗವು 2012ರಲ್ಲಿ ಸರ್ಕಾರಕ್ಕೆ ವರದಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿತ್ತು. ಪರಿಶಿಷ್ಟ ಜಾತಿಯ ವರಿಗೆ ...READ MORE
NASA has started a new programme for detecting and tracking near-Earth objects (NEOs) — comets and asteroids that pass by the Earth’s orbit — to ward off any potential impact ...READ MORE
There are several antiquated, discriminatory provisions in the Indian laws violating the rights of leprosy affected persons. For instance, in the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 (Section 13 (v)), if one party ...READ MORE
A total of 87 infrastructure projects with a combined value of Rs.87,518.77 crore are underway in Karnataka and transportation projects are leading the way with around 52 projects worth Rs.36,237 ...READ MORE
The Agriculture Ministry has extended by a month the deadline for States to utilise funds under the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) for implementation of micro irrigation projects. About Rs. ...READ MORE
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of embryos Britain granted its first licence for the genetic modification of human embryos as part of research into infertility and why miscarriages happen, ...READ MORE
France commits €300 million for solar energy French President Francois Hollande committed €300 million (around $325 million or Rs. 2,200 crore) over the next five years for the global development of solar ...READ MORE
Sustainable urban development is not a choice but a necessity. If cities are to meet the needs of their citizens (United Nations 2007). Some of the most critical problems facing our cities concern the ...READ MORE
The number of judges in the High Court of Karnataka has increased to 30, against the sanctioned strength of 62, with the swearing in of five additional judges on Monday. ...READ MORE
Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children 2015
ಸದಾಶಿವ ಆಯೋಗ ವರದಿ
New NASA programme to protect Earth from asteroids,
Antiquated Indian laws affecting Leprosy
Infrastructure projects underway in Karnataka
States get more time to spend funds under
Britain grants first licence for genetic modification of
INDIA and FRANCE
Karnataka Issues: Environmental Challenges
Karnataka High Court gets five new additional judges