- India is among top 10 FDI recipients
- India jumped to the ninth rank in 2014 with a 22 per cent rise in FDI inflows to $34 billion. India was at the 15th position in the previous two years.
- After 2008, for the first time, India again broke in to the top 10 recipients of foreign direct investment (FDI)
- India, however, is the only BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) country that hasn’t yet crossed the $50 billion-a-year FDI mark.
- In a development of significance to India, for the first time FDI inflows in to China’s services sector were greater than into its manufacturing sector.
- India, however, dropped out of the top 20 countries in the outward FDI flows.
- China became the largest recipient of FDI in 2014 with $129 billion inflows, followed by Hong Kong (China) that received $103 billion and the U.S. with $92 billion. At 39 per cent, Hong Kong saw the biggest surge in inflows during the year.
- Russia dropped out of the top 10 as foreign investors exited its oil sector and other projects after Western countries slapped economic sanctions on it.
- Among the top 10 FDI recipients in the world, half are developing economies – Brazil, China, Hong Kong (China), India and Singapore.
- Global FDI fell 16 per cent to $1.23 trillion in 2014 mainly due to the fragility of the global economy, policy uncertainty for investors and elevated geopolitical risks, according to the report. New investments were also offset by some large divestments.
- The report also found that developing countries lost $100 billion in tax revenues owing to investors routing FDI through tax havens such as Mauritius, and has made a strong case for multilateral action to address the issue.
China emerges as a big player
- The report records the big surge in investments from China into every region of the world, and especially in India’s neighbourhood.
- FDI inflows to Pakistan increased by 31 per cent to $1.7 billion as a result of rising Chinese FDI flows in services. Further, the country will benefit significantly from the China-Pakistan Industrial Corridor and associated Chinese investment in infrastructure and manufacturing in the overall context of implementing the “One Belt, One Road” strategy.
- According to agreements signed between the two governments in April 2015, Chinese companies will invest about $45.6 billion in Pakistan over the next few years — $33.8 billion in electricity and $11.8 billion in transport infrastructure.
- In Sri Lanka, where China has become the largest source of FDI in recent years, FDI flows from it rose. For example, a joint venture between two local companies and China Merchants Holdings (International) Company has invested $500 million in Colombo International Container Terminals, the largest foreign investment project in Sri Lanka. After two years of construction, the port started operation in August 2014.
- A China-Sri Lanka FTA will be signed in June 2015. Moreover, if the implementation of the China-led 21st Century Maritime Silk Route Economic Belt gains ground, an increasing amount of Chinese investment will flow to Sri Lanka, particularly in large infrastructure projects.
ಬ್ಲಡ್ ಮೂನ್ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ?ದೀರ್ಘಾವಧಿಯದ್ದು ಎನ್ನಲಾಗುತ್ತಿರುವ ಚಂದ್ರಗ್ರಹಣವು ಜು.27 ರ ಮಧ್ಯರಾತ್ರಿ ನಡೆಯಲಿದೆ. ವಿಶೇಷವೆಂದರೆ, ಇದೇ ಸಮಯದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಂಗಳ ಗ್ರಹವು ಚಂದ್ರನ ಸಮೀಪ ಬರಲಿದೆ. ವಿಶೇಷತೆಯೇನು? ಸಾಮಾನ್ಯವಾಗಿ ಚಂದ್ರಗ್ರಹಣ ಮೂರರಿಂದ ನಾಲ್ಕು ಗಂಟೆಗಳ ಅವಧಿಯದ್ದಾಗಿರುತ್ತದೆ. ಹಿಂದಿನ ಚಂದ್ರಗ್ರಹಣಗಳಿಗೆ ಹೋಲಿಸಿದರೆ ಈ ಬಾರಿಯ ಚಂದ್ರಗ್ರಹಣ ಸ್ವಲ್ಪ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ...READ MORE
Earth Summit 1992 Earth Summit 1992 was the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), commonly known as the Rio Summit or Rio Conference Outcomes Rio Declaration on Environment and Development Agenda 21 Convention ...READ MORE
For import of an aircraft following steps were necessary till now For remittance of funds for import of aircraft, the approval of the ministry was mandatory. Scheduled Operators (airlines) and Regional Scheduled ...READ MORE
Ethics panel debates checks and balances Topic: Indian Polity IN NEWS: Parliamentarians are deliberating on having checks and balances while making their personal information public. More on the topic: In a meeting of the ...READ MORE
To crackdown on the menace of fake AYUSH doctors, registration of Ayurvedic, Naturopathy, Siddha, Unani, and Yoga practitioners has been made mandatory in the State. The Legislative Assembly on Thursday passed ...READ MORE
One cannot directly go to a private hospital for treatment under a government health scheme. First need to visit a government hospital &only when doctors refer to private hospitals owing to ...READ MORE
ಕಂಬಳ ಸುದ್ಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ ? ಕಂಬಳ ಹಾಗೂ ಇತರೆ ಗೂಳಿ ಮತ್ತು ಎತ್ತಿನ ಗಾಡಿ ಸ್ಪರ್ಧೆಗಳಿಗೆ ಅನುಮತಿ ನೀಡಿದ್ದ ರಾಜ್ಯ ವಿಧಾನ ಮಂಡಲ ಅಂಗೀಕರಿಸಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರಾಣಿ ಹಿಂಸೆ (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ತಿದ್ದುಪಡಿ) ತಡೆ ಕಾಯ್ದೆ - 2017ಕ್ಕೆ ಪೆಟಾ ಮತ್ತೆ ತಗಾದೆ ತೆಗೆದಿದೆ. ರಾಜ್ಯ ...READ MORE
ಸೌದಿಯಿಂದ ವಿಶ್ವದ ಅತಿದೊಡ್ಡ ಸೋಲಾರ್ ಪಾರ್ಕ್ ಯೋಜನೆ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ 13.03 ಲಕ್ಷ ಕೋಟಿ ರೂ. ವೆಚ್ಚದ ಸೌರಶಕ್ತಿ ಯೋಜನೆ ಆರಂಭಿಸುವ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಸಾಫ್ಟ್ ಬ್ಯಾಂಕ್ ಗ್ರೂಪ್ ಜತೆಗೆ ಒಪ್ಪಂದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಹಿ ಹಾಕಿದೆ. ನೂತನ ಯೋಜನೆಯಿಂದಾಗಿ ಸೌದಿ ಅರೇಬಿಯಾ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ಗಾಗಿ ತೈಲದ ಮೇಲೆ ಅವಲಂಬಿತವಾಗುವುದು ...READ MORE
Why Kirishi Bhagya In India, it is estimated that about 6, 000 million tons of top soil are lost annually along with valuable plant nutrients. This along with inappropriate nutrient management practices ...READ MORE
Telangana govt launches Rs 8,000/acre investment support scheme for farmers As part of its electoral promise, the Telangana government has launched a first-of-its kind investment support scheme for all farmers who will ...READ MORE
23rd ಜುಲೈ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
Kyoto to Paris- All about climate change negotiations
Relaxed norms for aircraft import
National Current Affairs- UPSC/KAS Exams – 5th October
Karnataka: Lower House passes bill to regulate Ayush
Health Scheme: Patients have to visit govt hospitals
“15th ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
29th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
NammaKPSC ClassRoom: What and Why Kirishi Bhagya
NationalCurrent Affairs – UPSC/KPSC Exams – 10th April