- India is among top 10 FDI recipients
- India jumped to the ninth rank in 2014 with a 22 per cent rise in FDI inflows to $34 billion. India was at the 15th position in the previous two years.
- After 2008, for the first time, India again broke in to the top 10 recipients of foreign direct investment (FDI)
- India, however, is the only BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) country that hasn’t yet crossed the $50 billion-a-year FDI mark.
- In a development of significance to India, for the first time FDI inflows in to China’s services sector were greater than into its manufacturing sector.
- India, however, dropped out of the top 20 countries in the outward FDI flows.
- China became the largest recipient of FDI in 2014 with $129 billion inflows, followed by Hong Kong (China) that received $103 billion and the U.S. with $92 billion. At 39 per cent, Hong Kong saw the biggest surge in inflows during the year.
- Russia dropped out of the top 10 as foreign investors exited its oil sector and other projects after Western countries slapped economic sanctions on it.
- Among the top 10 FDI recipients in the world, half are developing economies – Brazil, China, Hong Kong (China), India and Singapore.
- Global FDI fell 16 per cent to $1.23 trillion in 2014 mainly due to the fragility of the global economy, policy uncertainty for investors and elevated geopolitical risks, according to the report. New investments were also offset by some large divestments.
- The report also found that developing countries lost $100 billion in tax revenues owing to investors routing FDI through tax havens such as Mauritius, and has made a strong case for multilateral action to address the issue.
China emerges as a big player
- The report records the big surge in investments from China into every region of the world, and especially in India’s neighbourhood.
- FDI inflows to Pakistan increased by 31 per cent to $1.7 billion as a result of rising Chinese FDI flows in services. Further, the country will benefit significantly from the China-Pakistan Industrial Corridor and associated Chinese investment in infrastructure and manufacturing in the overall context of implementing the “One Belt, One Road” strategy.
- According to agreements signed between the two governments in April 2015, Chinese companies will invest about $45.6 billion in Pakistan over the next few years — $33.8 billion in electricity and $11.8 billion in transport infrastructure.
- In Sri Lanka, where China has become the largest source of FDI in recent years, FDI flows from it rose. For example, a joint venture between two local companies and China Merchants Holdings (International) Company has invested $500 million in Colombo International Container Terminals, the largest foreign investment project in Sri Lanka. After two years of construction, the port started operation in August 2014.
- A China-Sri Lanka FTA will be signed in June 2015. Moreover, if the implementation of the China-led 21st Century Maritime Silk Route Economic Belt gains ground, an increasing amount of Chinese investment will flow to Sri Lanka, particularly in large infrastructure projects.
ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕ ಸುದ್ದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಏಕಿದೆ? ನೀತಿ ಆಯೋಗ ಸಿದ್ಧಪಡಿಸಿದ ಸಮಗ್ರ ನೀರು ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆ ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದ (ಸಿಡಬ್ಲ್ಯುಎಂಐ) ಅತ್ಯುತ್ತಮ ಐದು ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕವೂ ಸ್ಥಾನ ಪಡೆದುಕೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಸೂಚ್ಯಂಕದಲ್ಲಿ ಗುಜರಾತ್ ಮೊದಲ ಸ್ಥಾನ ಪಡೆದಿದ್ದರೆ ನಂತರ ಸ್ಥಾನಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮಧ್ಯಪ್ರದೇಶ, ಆಂಧ್ರಪ್ರದೇಶ, ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಮತ್ತು ಮಹಾರಾಷ್ಟ್ರ ರಾಜ್ಯಗಳಿವೆ. ಈಶಾನ್ಯ ...READ MORE
‘ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್ ಖಾಸಗೀಕರಣವಿಲ್ಲ’ ಸಮಗ್ರ ಶಿಶು ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು (ಐಸಿಡಿಎಸ್) ಖಾಸಗೀಕರಣ ಮಾಡುವ ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆಯೇ ಇಲ್ಲ ಎಂದು ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಮಹಿಳಾ ಮತ್ತು ಮಕ್ಕಳ ಅಭಿವೃದ್ಧಿ ಖಾತೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ಸಚಿವ ಡಾ.ವೀರೇಂದ್ರಕುಮಾರ್ ಸ್ಪಷ್ಟಪಡಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ‘ಅಂತಹ ಯಾವುದೇ ಪ್ರಸ್ತಾವ ಕೇಂದ್ರ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಮುಂದೆ ಇಲ್ಲ. ಈ ಯೋಜನೆಗೆ ರಾಜ್ಯ ...READ MORE
Drop in married women using modern family planning methods Karnataka has recorded a decline in use of modern family planning methods by married women, with just over 50 per cent of ...READ MORE
From March 26th Yeshwantpur-Hassan Intercity Express on new line Trains are set to chug on the new Chikbanavar-Hassan railway line with the railways setting March 26 as tentative date for the inauguration ...READ MORE
Bengaluru gets most applications from specialists Bengaluru Urban district has received the highest number of applications for appointment of specialist doctors across the State. Chamarajanagar district, among the most backward in the ...READ MORE
30% bonanza for State employees In a big bonus for 5.2 lakh State government employees and 5.73 lakh pensioners ahead of the polls, the 6th Pay Commission has suggested a 30% ...READ MORE
The Government of Karnataka today said it welcomes Apple Inc.'s proposal to commence initial manufacturing operations in the city. "Apple’s intentions to manufacture in Bengaluru will foster cutting edge technology eco ...READ MORE
Cable TV Services in Urban Areas will be digital from 1st January 2016 The cable TV is one of the most popular medium of mass entertainment & education. The country has ...READ MORE
62,381 more voters on Mysuru’s revised electoral list As many as 62,381 voters have been included in Mysuru district in the special summary revision of voters held till February 28. D. Randeep, ...READ MORE
“15th ಜೂನ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ”
17th ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 2018 ಕನ್ನಡ ಪ್ರಚಲಿತ ವಿದ್ಯಮಾನ
National Family Health Survey: Karnataka Related Data
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS /KPSC Exams –
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS / KPSC Exams
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams- 1st –
Apple may start manufacturing in Bengaluru
Cable TV digitisation
Karnataka Current Affairs – KAS/KPSC Exams – 5th
Stand Up India Scheme approved