Published on: April 30, 2022
30 APRIL 2022
- Prime Minister inaugurated the first ever Semicon India-2022 in Bengaluru. It is a 3-day conference organized to make India a leader in electronics manufacturing, semiconductor design, manufacturing & innovation
- The High Court of Karnataka has permitted the Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) category students to register for the Common Entrance Test (CET)-2022 and participate in the counselling on a par with Indian citizens to pursue their bachelor degree in the general category of seats in engineering, architecture, ayurveda, and other professional courses.
- Holding that it is the right time to confer juristic status to ‘Mother Nature’, Madras High Court invoked the ‘parens patriae jurisdiction’, and declared ‘Mother Nature’ as a ‘living being’ having the status of a legal entity.
- Agra has become the first city in India to have a vacuum-based sewers system. These vacuum-based sewers will be used in the city’s public places.
- Atal Innovation Mission launched the phase 1 of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge. It aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism has granted Rs 3.75 crore under the ‘Upgradation of Museums Scheme’ as part of Museums Grant Scheme for project in Eluru town, Andhra Pradesh.
- Union Education Minister released the ‘Mandate Document: Guidelines for the Development of the National Curriculum Framework (NCF)’ at a function held at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru recently. It is as per NEP 2020
- Anti-ship version of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test-fired jointly by the Indian Navy and the Andaman and Nicobar Command