ATMA-NIRBHAR KRISHI APP
http://heirloomflowersandballoons.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/skins/ What is in news : Atmanirbhar Krishi APP Launched by the Office of Principal Scientific Adviser.
Artashat Details :
- The Atmanirbhar Krishi app was created to equip farmers with actionable agricultural insights and early weather alerts. Data related to soil type, soil health, moisture, weather, and water tablewere aggregated and analysed to generate personalized insights related to crop selection, fertilizers requirements, and water needs for each farmer at the farm-holding level.
- The app was envisioned in 5 stages:
- Data aggregation
- Building centralized insights
- Enable local expertise (KVK) supported interactions and insights
- Deriving Machine Learning inferences
- Continuous improvement
- Salient features of the app:
- The data has been made comprehensible for farmers by simplifying the language. The app is also available in 12 languages.
- The Android and Windows versions of the app are available on Google Play Store and are free of cost for farmers, start-ups, KVKs, SHGs, or NGOs to use.
- Considering the connectivity issues in the remote areas of the country, the app has been designed to work on minimal bandwidth.
- The app does not collect any inputs from the farmer. It relies on the geo-location of the farm to provide relevant data (see figure). Data relevant to another location can be collected by entering the PINCODE of that area.
Weather & Weather-based Information
|Indian Meteorological Department (IMD)|
Land surface information, Vegetation index& Crop
|Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)|
Soil Health Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmer Welfare (DACFW) The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
|Surface Water (River/Reservoir/Canal) & Ground Water||
National Water Informatics Centre (NWIC) Includes Central Ground Water Board (CGWA)