Published on: August 30, 2021
What is in news : Government of India has introduced a new registration mark under the Bharat Series (BH-Series) for new vehicles
- This citizen-centric, IT-based solution for vehicle registration was launched for facilitating mobility.
- By – Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Vehicle with this registration mark will not require assignment of any new registration mark when owner of the vehicle shifts from one state to other.
- Vehicle registration facility under this series will be available on voluntary basis to Defense personnel, employees of Central or State Government, Central or State Public Sector Undertakings and private sector companies or organizations, having their offices across four or more States or Union territories.
- Motor vehicle tax will be levied for two years or in multiple of two. After completing fourteenth year, this tax will be levied annually and it will be half the amount that was charged earlier for that vehicle.