Published on: November 12, 2023
Why in news? Central government launched the sale wheat flour at a subsidised rate under the brand name ‘Bharat Atta’ across the country .
- Bharat Atta will be sold through cooperatives NAFED, NCCF and Kendriya Bhandar through mobile vans and-odd outlets of these three agencies spread across the country
- The price of Bharat Atta has been kept lower than the prevailing market rate of Rs 36-70 per kg, depending on the quality and location.
About Bharat Atta
- Bharat Atta is a fortified wheat flour that is made with a blend of wheat, rice, and pulses.
- It is a good source of protein, iron, and other essential nutrients.
- Through the Public Distribution System (PDS), ensuring easy access to affordable wheat flour for the target population.
- To ensure affordable wheat flour to the poor and vulnerable sections of the society.
- Provide relief to consumers from high prices.