Published on: August 30, 2021
BRICS-AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH PLATFORM
Seroquel without doctor prescription What is in news : The Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has announced the operationalization of the BRICS Agricultural Research Platform.
http://distancestudio.com/location/oman/ Details :
- The platform was established at the 11th meeting of BRICS Agriculture Ministers under the theme BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agrobiodiversity for Food Security and Nutrition
- It is a global platform that has been set up for strengthening the cooperation in the field of agricultural research & innovations amongst the BRICS member States.
- Mission: To promote sustainable agricultural development and poverty alleviation through strategic cooperation in agriculture to provide food security in the BRICS member countries.
- Nature of Cooperation: The Cooperation will focus on agricultural research, technology, policy, innovations, extension and technology transfer training and capacity building and information sharing.
- Focal Point: The BRICS Nations have appointed their focal points for BRICS-ARP to interact virtually through the platform and identify the common problems and develop joint projects for finding the solutions.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR) is the focal organization from India.
- Location: The coordinating centre is housed at NASC Complex, Pusa (New Delhi) under the governance of Department of Agricultural Research & Education/ICAR, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.