Published on: February 1, 2022
Parliamentary Budget session 2022-23 begins
Punta Gorda DETAILS
WHAT – Period during which a House meets almost every day uninterruptedly to manage the business
In general, the sessions are as follows:
- Budget session (February to May)
- Monsoon session (July to September)
- Winter session (November to December)
- Considered to be a highly crucial session of the Parliament.
- The Budget is usually presented on the last working day of the month of February.
- Here, the members discuss the various provisions of the budget and matters concerning taxation, after the Finance Minister presents the budget.
- Generally split into two periods with a gap of one month between them.
- Every year starts with the President’s Address to both Houses.