Published on: November 10, 2023
‘Champions of Change Karnataka’
Why in news? ‘Champions of Change Karnataka’ awards was presented by governor Thawar Chand Gehlot
- 25 personalities were awarded as ‘Champions of Change Karnataka’
- The selection of the awardees has been done by Constitutional Jury members headed by Justice K G Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman, NHRC.
- Organizer: By Interactive Forum On Indian Economy (IFIE), a non-profit organization
- The Champions of Change Karnataka Award is a state version of Champions of Change National Award
- It is awarded to individuals and organizations for promoting values of courage, community service and social development.
- Awardees were honoured the with Gold Medal and a Citation.
- It recognizes contribution to constructive work in Aspirational districts, rural areas in the departments of education, health, technology, and science.
- The award honors who have made outstanding contributions to the development, welfare of women and children, and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
List of the awardee
- Among the recipients of the Award are Bharat Ratna C N R Rao (Indian Chemist), Padma Vibhushan S M Krishna (27th External Affairs Minister, Governor of Maharashtra & CM of Karnataka), Padma Vibhushan Dr. D Veerendra Heggade (Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha), Padma Shri Tulsi Gowda (Indian Environmentalist), Padma Shri Manjamma Jogathi (Transgender, Folk Artist), Shri Tejasvi Surya (MP of Lok Sabha), Shri Venkatesh Prasad (Indian Former Cricketer and Coach), Shri Vishnuvardhan (Posthumous, Indian Kannada Actor), V Ravichandran (Indian Kannada Actor & Director), Ms. Khushboo Yadav (CEO, Jio Entertainment Services), Shri Prithvi Raj Singh (Founder, Gameskraft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.), Anand Sankeshwar (Md, VRL Logistics).