grandiosely What is in news : 6 years of Digital India campaign was celebrated recently
Dublin What is Digital India: Digital India was an initiative taken by the Government of India for providing high-speed internet networks to rural areas. Digital India Mission was launched by PM Narendra Modi on 1st July 2015 as a beneficiary to other government schemes including Make in India, Bharatmala, Sagarmala, Startup India, BharatNet, and Standup India.
- It is under Ministry of Electronics and Information
- Digital India Mission is mainly focused on three areas:
- Providing digital infrastructure as a source of utility to every citizen.
- Governance and services on demand.
- To look after the digital empowerment of every citizen.
There are major nine pillars of Digital India that are mentioned in the table below:
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
- Public Internet Access Programme
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing
- IT for Jobs
- Early Harvest Programmes