Published on: November 8, 2023
Digital life certificates
Why in news? Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare launched Nationwide Digital Life Certificate Campaign 2.0
- Central Government introduced it in 2014 to simplify and enhance the convenience of life certificate submissions for pensioners.
- The program aims to eliminate the need for pensioners to appear in person before the certifying authority or the disbursing agency.
What is Jeevan Pramaan?
- Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled Aadhaar-based Digital Life Certificate for pensioners.
- It is generated for individual pensioner using his/her Aadhaar number and Biometrics.
- The Digital Life Certificate is a legitimate certificate that is recognised under the IT Act.
- Pensioner is not required to present himself/ herself personally before the Pension Disbursing Officer and does not have to be submitted physically to the Pension Disbursing Agency ( Bank/Post Office etc )
- The Pramaan ID/Jeevan Pramaan is not valid for life and validity period of the certificate is as per rules specified by the Pension Sanctioning Authority