DRAFT NATIONAL STRATEGY FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Alès What is in news : Ministry of tourism has released three draft strategies in order to boost tourism sector in aftermath of covid-19 pandemic. Draft strategies were put forward with roadmaps to promote India as a rural and medical tourism destination.
Half Way Tree National Strategy and Roadmap for Development of Rural Tourism
- It seeks to position India as a place for conferences, meetings and exhibitions.
- It seeks to develop and promote local products through tourism in order to generate income and jobs in rural areas and empower local communities.
- It will also help in reducing migration from rural areas, poverty alleviation and sustainable development.
Draft National Strategy and Roadmap for Medical and Wellness Tourism
- It seeks to promote India as an accessible and affordable destination of medical treatments and wellness courses.
- Key drivers for growth of medical tourism and wellness tourism includes affordability & accessibility of good healthcare services, minimal waiting time, facilitation around hospitality services, availability of latest medical technologies & accreditations.
- This draft is in line with government of India’s recognition to medical value travel and wellness tourism as an important sector which is having potential of accelerating India’s development & attaining objective of Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
Why : National strategy was released with the aim of providing an institutional framework which can strengthen the ecosystem for medical & wellness tourism and develop a brand & ensuring quality assurance.
Draft to position India as a MICE destination was also put forward. MICE stand for “Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions”. It is recognised as a significant market segment and a significant contributor to national economies.