Published on: November 9, 2023
Why in news? The Election Commission of India has designed in-house software called ENCORE
- ‘ENCORE’ stands for Enabling Communications on Real-time Environment.
- It provides a seamless facility for Returning Officers to process candidate nomination, affidavit, Voter turnout, counting, results and data management
- ENCORE counting application : Provide an end-to-end application for returning officers to digitize the votes polled, tabulate the round-wise data and then take out various statutory reports of counting.
- ENCORE Scrutiny Application: Allows Returning Officers to do scrutiny of the nominations filed by the candidates on-line. After verification of the nomination the status is marked as Accepted, Rejected or Withdrawn helping the Returning Officer to prepare the final list of contesting candidates and assign the symbols.
- ENCORE Nodal App : Provides various departments like fire, education, police, environment, CPWD give ‘no objection’ certificate before any permission request from political party or candidates, received for holding rallies, road shows and meetings.