Published on: April 15, 2023
Exercise Cope India 23
Why in news? Exercise Cope India 23, a bilateral Air Exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the United States Air Force (USAF) is being held at Air Force Stations(Base) Arjan Singh (Panagarh), Kalaikunda and Agra.
- The exercise aims to enhance mutual understanding between the two Air Forces and share their best practices.
- B1B bombers of the United States Air Force (USAF) and F-15 fighter aircraft of the USAF will also join the exercise subsequently
- This is the first time ever that U.S. bombers will be taking part in a military exercise in India
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) element will include the Su-30 MKI, Rafale, Tejas and Jaguar fighter aircraft.
- The exercise will be supported by aerial refuellers, Airborne Warning and Control System and Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft of the IAF.